eBay Fraud on PK1?

Luff

Enlightened
It isn't fraud until a transaction takes place and someone is 'harmed.'

In this case, my bet is on the perp just being a lyin', cheatin', schemin' bag of stinky poop hiding behind international boundaries.

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
You know what I find scary? Is that he may have accesed CPF to know about the existence of such a light and he might be preying upon unsuspecting CPF'ers with "The deal of a lifetime".

AlexGT

FlashlightOCD

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
AlexGT said:
You know what I find scary? Is that he may have accesed CPF to know about the existence of such a light and he might be preying upon unsuspecting CPF'ers with "The deal of a lifetime".

AlexGT

[/ QUOTE ]

I would seriously doubt that, most CPF'ers know what the PK1 story is and would not bite, and if he read CPF he would know that too.

I'm more concerned that this is a general scammer technique aimed at naive eBayer's who might not know any better [for any pricey item ... not just the PK1].

Bosley

Newly Enlightened
Regardless of the outcome of your 'sting operation,' you need to report the guy to eBay. EBay rules prohibit offering to sell items to losing bidders. It is taken very seriously by eBay, because it is the main form of fee avoidance.

BB

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looking at redneckraven's Ebay feedback, this may be a throw-away account... There are only five successful actions--as a buyer (December 8th through 27th of 2003)--I can only see the first couple and they are for $2.00 CD's... Not exactly a big spender or history of any sales.

-Bill

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK! maybe the PK1 may be a scam, but how about If he starts offering Mcluxes 1 123? there was a nice amount of lights made.

BTW was the PK1 mentioned in places other than CPF?

I think it should be reported to Ebay

ufokillerz

Enlightened
Since when did PK start selling flashlights with Euro's as the currency?

I would think that if PK wanted to sell anything, it would be on CPF and not ebay.

LED-FX

Enlightened
This is a common eBay scam on pinballs as well, now being high value collectables.

Emailing unsuccesful bidders on other auctions with the too tempting deal. Payment by Western Union which is non-charge back able.

Item is always , NIB something nice, and in another country but he can do you cheap shipping.

Scammers may used hijacked accounts as well, one day they have 500 feedback doing Cabbage Patch Dolls in Missouri, next they have 6 NIB Addams Family`s in Marseille that they need $1500 a piece on.....

If its too good to be true......

Adam

kakster

Flashlight Enthusiast
I saw a post about something exactly like this on the bladeforums, only this time the scammer was offering blades. Im pretty sure these ppl target most auctions, not just flashlights. It just struck as funny this time cos we all know there arent any more PK1s out there to be sold.

Aluminum Junkie

Newly Enlightened
Just remeber what PT Barnum used as a business model. If you don't know, you are most likely a customer. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hahaha.gif

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif I'd like to see this creep go down! Just takes a few to spoil things! "This crowd" is the wrong one to mess with on this subject!

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
i say we wait before turning him in.

let him deal with some "cpf justice" first /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/whoopin.gif

DanM

Newly Enlightened
I also bid on this light as well and received the same email.

Darell

Flashaholic
Anybody get a response for pictures yet? I'll bet we've scrared him off for good. What were the odds that everybody who bid on this light was in the same little community here? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif ha.

6pOriginal

Enlightened
or we should ask him some technical stuff like "how many lumens is that, what's the bin code...etc" if he's flashaholic enough to own and sell this light, he would have known stuff like that /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,
hehe, this all to funny in my perspective. I wonder what this guy is thinking, about if he's really got a chance scamming someone one that is. I agree, don't turn him in just yet.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hahaha.gif

Catdaddy

Enlightened
I think some harm may have already been done. We will never know if this guy has depressed the bidding by making one or more bidders think they can get a PK1 elsewhere.

You may be interested to know that I have also received a couple (2) questionable emails concerning the PK1. Short story: Wanting to pay direct with credit card and have it shipped overseas (Indonesia and China) to a "brother". When I said I must ship to the credit card billing address, one gave up and the other started with a whole new story. Bottom Line: stolen credit card number!

CBS just contacted me about making this whole mess into a made-for-TV movie.

not! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Latest posts