EddieBauer LED torch mini review with Pictures. Is this as bright as Cree?

Newuser01

Enlightened
Okay. Late Christmas present ? I found a box while cleaning some of the christmas stuff in the garage, that had a Leatherman type tool, led flash light that takes 1 AAA and coffee mug. Looks like it may be from Target , walwort or somewhere!
Anyways, I loaded the battery (+ terminal going in first) and shine it on the wall. Hmm I thought it is pretty bright but its all in "almost perfect circle" type beam. [This is no where near my dorcy super 1 watt with RCR132 that I have]. But it is very bright to be used in the house and short walks and in the backyard. Especially if there are no light pollution.
The light seems to be all made of alluminium. Build very heavy for the size. O rings in the head, behind the lens, in the tail cap. But you can see light coming through the hole for the switch. blowing into the tail produce air coming out of the switch hole. So it is not water proof, for sure. Threads seems to be machined very very loose and easy to cross thread. Has a little hole for split ring but I can not find neither split ring nor land yard in the box anywhere!
The light seems to want to slit out of my hands. all surfaces on this light is very smooth and there is really no rough surfaces. That also makes it hard to press it on and off.

Reflector can be unscrewed from the bezel and that drops out the lens and clear O ring. But there seems to be no way to remove the switch/led assembly. If anyone knows how please let me know?

The switch is very small and hard to press.

Now lets see, what is a good comparison light for this. This light seems to be direct drive, 1 5mm led, 1 AAA battery, Ahh!! Chinese (arc) clone? How's that? Loaded fresh batteries in both. Take some wall pictures. upload it. Enjoy!! I also taken off the lens from the bezel and taken 1 picture of it. Seems to improve the bean in the expense of throw. And that leaves the led and reflector open for dust and lint
I'm not sure how much this thin is. Seem to resemble LENSER lights or something like that. But I don't have those, so don't know for sure.

Seems to me it is good enough to tie it to the backpack for a backup light. Its too long to be hanging on the key chain or in the front pocket. But I'm sure it is suitable for ladies to have it in the purse!! It kind of jewel like ! It is not a good reading light with the lens in place but you can make do in a pinch.

Now time for the pictures.
Regards.
Sizecompare.jpg
exploded2.jpg
Exploded.jpg
SwitchassmandLed.jpg
switchassmfromseenfromtailend.jpg
1feet.jpg
3feet.jpg
beanshotwithoutlens.jpg

Newuser01

Enlightened
Hi! grapplex.

You guys (CPF'er) never ceases to amaze me!
Coast LED Lenser LL7463 V2 Mini Moon Lenser mini size White LED flashlight in gift box

Coast LED Lenser LL7463 V2 Mini Moon Lenser Mini size White LED flashlight, 1x AAA battery White LED Light Chip Mini 4 7/16 inch size Crystal collimated spot beam moon lens Lasts 40 hours per 1x AAA battery (included) 75 gram weight 115mm long, 19.5mm dia. head, 13mm dia. shaft Gold plated contacts Weather resistant Includes gift box, sheath, lanyard and batteries Coast LED Lenser general use lights represent the best combination of quality, efficiency and value. Their exclusive Cloverleaf reflector and crystal reflector tube systems, combined with the highest quality Nichia LEDs, produce the brightest, most efficient flashlights available today. General use flashlights include everything from keychain sized lights to full size C cell powered lights with multiple LEDs, and are perfect for home and emergency use. Coast LED-Lenser L.E.D. Flashlight Advantages are 1) Reflector Systems. Coast LED-Lenser LED flashlights feature advanced technology that pumps up the light produced by the LED. The result is a broader, deeper and more powerful beam of light. 2) More energy efficient. Coast LED-Lenser LED flashlights use patented technology that enables them to create more useful light with fewer LED's than comparable LED flashlights 3) 24 Karat gold contacts. Coast LED-Lenser LED flashlights use gold as it is a superior energy conductor, it minimizes the energy lost at the contact points and maximizes the energy for light production. 4) Solid Metal Housings. Most Coast LED-Lenser LED flashlights are encased in solid brass with a nickel-alloy coating and rated 54 on the Rockwell Hardness Scale. Other Coast LED-Lenser LED flashlights use the finest Aircraft Grade Aluminum, are hard anodized and guaranteed for life. 5) Patented, higher quality, higher wattage LEDs. Coast LED-Lenser LED flashlights use only the very best Nichia and Luxeon LED's.

• LL7463 Mini Moon Lenser LED flashlight Mini size, White LED
  • Crystal reflector tube system, 5.1 mW bright LED Light output
  • High Quality LED, Intense White Beam
  • 4.4 inch body length, 5 ounces with pouch incl.
  • Uses 1x AAA battery included, run time 40 hours
Price range from $14 to $31 !! Wow..

r0b0r

Enlightened
^_^ lol!

That reminds me of the tentacle girl from Spacetree...