Elzetta- The industry's best kept secret.

fresh eddie fresh

Enlightened
I've got lots of M61s, but only one cool M60. I also really like the M60WF, which I bought here, for indoor use.

I have a couple of M60LFs I love for hiking, but a warm version would be amazing!

A hand engraved M60 made by Mr. Malkoff himself. Prior to selling the rights over to Elzetta.

The only one I have is an M60LL... which is an odd and amazing drop-in due to it's weird ability to run forever on two alkaline AAs.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Pulled the trigger on an A113 hi/lo kit that comes with 2 spare cells and a lanyard ring.

Love my Coast HP1, but I get blasted with 220 lumens everytime. The A113 gives me the option of 5 lumens to start with.

kj2

Flashaholic
Pulled the trigger on an A113 hi/lo kit that comes with 2 spare cells and a lanyard ring.

Love my Coast HP1, but I get blasted with 220 lumens everytime. The A113 gives me the option of 5 lumens to start with.

Really like mine. Tint is warm but that's great for color rendering. Only thing I would like to see, is RCR support.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Glad to hear you like it.

I had pulled the trigger before discovering it doesn't have the Malkoff LED. But I can live with that.

It's meant to be a partner to the Sure Fire Gx2 Pro I have. Bought that one knowing you get what you get with the head. Same with the Alpha.

Seems to be meant as a bad guy blinder at close quarters and not some football field length spotlight. That and USA made are why I picked it over the others on my wishlist.

Last edited:

Grizzman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Elzetta always recommends the use of primaries for critical use situations. That does not mean that Li-Ions can't be used when the light is in an EXC, non-tactical role. I believe Jim asked them if Li-Ions are safe to use and was told that they are.

I use an IMR 16340 exclusively in an Alpha, and it works great, with a significant bump in output.

Last edited:

kj2

Flashaholic
Elzetta always recommends the use of primaries for critical use situations. That does not mean the Li-Ions can't be used when the light is used in an EXC, non-tactical role. I believe Jim asked them if Li-Ions are safe to use and was told that they are.

I use an IMR 16340 exclusively in an Alpha, and it works great, with a significant bump in output.
In that case, I've to try my Eagletac :)

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Unless things have changed...
Every time I'd set something that contains rechargeables down for a couple of weeks I'd have near dead or dead batteries.
So I haven't been interested in any rechargables expect eneloops.
Now if todays crop of rechargeables have shelf life like the eneloops...or my Dell duo laptop I'm all over that.

Do the batteries you guys use hold a charge? A month or two?

Grizzman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do the batteries you guys use hold a charge? A month or two?

Yes, all my Li-Ion and IMR cells hold a charge for multiple months with little reduction in resting voltage. It sounds like your cells need to find a new home.

Last edited:

Skaaphaas

Enlightened
Used my Alpha for a three day camping trip in Big 5 country. I am in love with this light. The low beam works for everything up close, while the high provides plenty light to check the surrounding bushes to see if something with big teeth isn't stalking you.

The warmish tint helps with colour rendering (doing owl spotting at night, and checking the meat on the fire).

4 nights of intense use now and the battery is still going strong, which was my only concern with this light.

Last edited:

dpadams6

Newly Enlightened
Elzetta charlie

I just purchased an elzetta charlie, and noticed that under the lens, it appears like the side coating is missing or chipped off. It's this normal?
603e8645922776ee837231d704fa1f3d.jpg

15460a456fa8e51318961f9e3003373c.jpg