• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Emisar D18vn - Best SubCompact Popcan R

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Is it mine! is it mine? can"t wait.........................................!

I still use my Jaxman Z1vn SST70 every work day, it's brilliant to this day - it must be 3-4 years old and I still get good coments on it.

It's still the only round die aspheric

b8llzblue

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes and everyone wants to buy it and I won't part with it, if anyone has one they are willing to sell......

I have one with a mtg2 and I still use it as well. It's not square or round, looks like a octagon honeycomb.

Lumenwolf

Enlightened
So I have a few questions re the emitters on this light if anyone could be kind enough to answer.
How does the standard SST20 compare with the XPL HI?
Also is it worth getting the frosted optics. I would like decent throw but some spill also.
Was considering the option with W1 or 2 but a bit above my price limit.

Thank you [emoji4]

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
6500k SST20 will throw slightly further but have slightly less lumen compared to XPL HI, so XPL HI is floodier. I don't think you'll need frosted optics on this one. The optics aren't like you conventional optics, there's more of a gradual transition from hotspot spill, as opposed to one large hotspot and little spill.

dotCPF

Flashlight Enthusiast
So I have a few questions re the emitters on this light if anyone could be kind enough to answer.
How does the standard SST20 compare with the XPL HI?
Also is it worth getting the frosted optics. I would like decent throw but some spill also.
Was considering the option with W1 or 2 but a bit above my price limit.

Thank you [emoji4]

XP-L HI will be lots of output, larger hotspot, floodier overall

The high-CRI SST-20s are less output, but a bit throwier. Personally the higher-CRI is what I go for and I like good punchy lights, so that's the easy choice for me.

The lower-CRI SST-20 5000/ 6500K will be similar to XP-L HI output, with more of a throwy beam.

All will have a little spill around the hotspot. W1 will be lower output but very tight hot spot, W2 will be a slightly less tight hotspot, with lots of output and lots of throw too.

Lumenwolf

Enlightened
XP-L HI will be lots of output, larger hotspot, floodier overall

The high-CRI SST-20s are less output, but a bit throwier. Personally the higher-CRI is what I go for and I like good punchy lights, so that's the easy choice for me.

The lower-CRI SST-20 5000/ 6500K will be similar to XP-L HI output, with more of a throwy beam.

All will have a little spill around the hotspot. W1 will be lower output but very tight hot spot, W2 will be a slightly less tight hotspot, with lots of output and lots of throw too.

Thanks for that, thinking maybe a SST 20 5000k for me then [emoji106]

Lumenwolf

Enlightened
Anyone know the approximate throw on this light with SST20 in 5000k without frosted optics?
Website stating around 65,000cd

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
I think my sphere read Mule very low... I measured both the XPL HI 5000K with optics and mule to turn on at 13,500L when I know he Mule should be brighter as the LEDs are literally next to the glass and there is no reflector or optics lost.

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got my d18vn white 2 today.. the lumen i got from this light is 14700 @ turn on, compare to the stock sst20 6500k 14130 lumen.. i can clearly see white 2 out throw sst20..

The tint on the white 2 is great unlike sst20 which i see green on the lower mode..

you guys already know anduril firmware is great even when the battery voltage drop to 3.5 v, the light put out 5000-6000 lumen. I am not going to name the brand, but some light give you annoying flicks warning when the voltage get low..

thanks skylumen for this d18vn.. i am hoping to own more white 2 in your upcoming releases.

trailhunter

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think my sphere read Mule very low... I measured both the XPL HI 5000K with optics and mule to turn on at 13,500L when I know he Mule should be brighter as the LEDs are literally next to the glass and there is no reflector or optics lost.

Amazing, are the LEDs wired in series?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Glenn7

Flashlight Enthusiast
I see you don't seem to list the D18vn on your shop anymore?
The D18vn with W1 is just so amazing Vinh, VERY impressed!! thank you.
You can see why it throws so well if you block all but one optic and shine it on the wall it works like a mini aspheric lens with the W1.
I have always found that no matter how many lumens are coming out the front, if it has no high'ish lux reading it just looks hazy and washed out after 15-20 meters making me always wanting more (a bit like you said with the MT18vn but D18vn has the best of both worlds with a wide hot spot and good spill) but with the D18vn with W1 I don't get that at all, and you can happily run it at way lower lumens because of that throw/lux.

Again thank's Vinh, brilliant work!!!

I see you don't seem to list the D18vn on your shop anymore?
The D18vn with W1 is just so amazing Vinh, VERY impressed!! thank you.
You can see why it throws so well if you block all but one optic and shine it on the wall it works like a mini aspheric lens with the W1.
I have always found that no matter how many lumens are coming out the front, if it has no high'ish lux reading it just looks hazy and washed out after 15-20 meters making me always wanting more (a bit like you said with the MT18vn but D18vn has the best of both worlds with a wide hot spot and good spill) but with the D18vn with W1 I don't get that at all, and you can happily run it at way lower lumens because of that throw/lux.

Again thank's Vinh, brilliant work!!!

I had finally let my desire to buy a D18vn in W1 die down, and after reading your comment you are making me think I need it again LOL. I already own the MT18vn and I LOVE the beam pattern due to the big throwy hotspot. The D18vn throws waay more, 95kish lux vs 170kish... in a smaller package, and with similar!! Boy now I really want one. I think a side by side beamshot and visual size comparison of the two would sell me, but until I see that I can't really imagine the difference in wow-factor.

Last edited: