End of Times - What flashlights will you bring?

malojie

Newly Enlightened
ill be bringing my 6d mag with p7 d bin emitter and for all the trouble you are talking about...ill just knock you out!!:devil:

IceRat

Newly Enlightened
"Going by this movie", what ever you pick, make sure it is very water-proof!! This movie blows out the whole idea of stock piling an emergency storage of SHTF items. The end of the world happened pretty fast, so don't worry about run time.:crackup:

AZLight

Newly Enlightened
My ITT PVS14 will last almost 100 hours on two AA lithium batteries. I don't need flashlight to give up my location but I can still see every thing in the dark. My AA lithium batteries have a 15 year shelf life.

sabre7

Enlightened
My ITT PVS14 will last almost 100 hours on two AA lithium batteries. I don't need flashlight to give up my location but I can still see every thing in the dark. My AA lithium batteries have a 15 year shelf life.

Excellent point, NV much better choice

Import Junky

Newly Enlightened
Right now I have a TA21 w/ pressure switch mounted on my Bushy. So that and my LD20.. IF i can find it.. I miss placed it.. truely sad about it.

Import Junky

Newly Enlightened

Good Idea, But ill Raise your $3k NVG's for a 300 Lumens Flashlight.

Lense Flare can be a SOB.

But by no means if i had a pair of NVGs would i leave them at home. lol

Viper715

Enlightened
Malkoff MD2 with M60 and two stage switch, Ra Twisty, Zebralight H501, Several 4 Sevens lights and a stash of batteries that I have stashed everywhere.

TorchBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd go with a crank light, but I don't know of any reliable ones.
True - it's hard to find a reliable crank when they spend most of their time building arks for doomsday.

Ancient civilizations had far less knowledge of things to come than we do.
And yet... the length of the year is more accurate in the Mayan calendar than in ours. :thinking:

fizzwinkus

Newly Enlightened
Am I the only one who thought of a katana and riot shield?

Oh, and any sort of fire steel i can find...

fisk-king

Flashlight Enthusiast
Am I the only one who thought of a katana and riot shield?

Oh, and any sort of fire steel i can find...

+1. click

I gave my mother a Gerber Infinity Ultra so she should be set (+the 3d Mag led)

For myself, hmmm. As of right now I would say the 2AA Quark Neut. Tact. due to the accessibility of AA's. I'm thinking of purchasing a RA twisty from Batteryjunction but the only model of availability is the IR-T model, is this the tactical version?

Last edited:

sed6

Enlightened
EDITED: My P3D is my go to light. Though I need to consider a new AA light since the cells are so common. Crank lights are for jokers. Solar too.

fisk-king

Flashlight Enthusiast
EDITED: My P3D is my go to light. Though I need to consider a new AA light since the cells are so common. Crank lights are for jokers. Solar too.

lol, the crank lights, in thought, was a good idea its just the design that needs to be "evolved". The past 2 years I've stocked up on AA batteries (standard and Lith.) & only a small quantity of cr123's so a good AA light is what I needed. I had 2 gerber infinities but the Led/contact was loose which required to hit against the palm of the hand to activate. Hopefully it was just that one model:sigh:

Burgess

Flashaholic
At least, by 2012 . . . .

SureFire may be shipping most of the items in their 2008 Catalog.

:whistle:
_

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast
My Petrov45, with 12v alligator clip lead and Mains pack. Can run many hours from abandoned car batteries and brilliant for signalling. Where there's power there's unlimited runtime. You never know when you'll need 4000 lumens.

My 12/240V inverter, 18650 charger and all of my 18650 lights. Again, abandoned car batteries are my friend.

Latest posts