End of Times - What flashlights will you bring?

John_Galt

Flashlight Enthusiast
My list of essentials would be:

1 .45 automatic

2 boxes of ammunition

4 days' concentrated emergency rations

1 drug issue containing antibiotics, morphine, vitamin pills, pep pills, sleeping pills, tranquilizer pills

1 miniature combination Russian phrase book and Bible

100 dollars in rubles

100 dollars in gold

9 packs of chewing gum

1 issue of prophylactics

3 lipsticks

3 pairs of nylon stockings

:cool:

poop, a guy could have a pretty good weekend in Vegas with that stuff...

Haha, I love this movie. Peter Sellers is such a good actor (liked him as Clouseau, too).

M@elstrom

Flashlight Enthusiast
He says it is not the end times but rather the end of a 5200 year cycle in which there will be a shift to a new era (likely a shift of consciousness to a higher state) and that there will likely be a period of 60-70 hours of darkness (woohoo!). So during that time you can sell your flashlights at a $1000 a piece. :whistle:

70 hours of darkness will still "spook" the masses into some type of anxiety based hysteria... a torch/flashlight will be invaluable :thumbsup:

Jash

Flashlight Enthusiast
60-70 hours of darkness sounds like heaven, not the end of the world!

But if it starts in the middle of the day (super spooky) I will be gone to the hills before most people can even begin to think of what to do.

My chosen lights are: TK20, Quark 2AA Tactical, Mini AA.

All running energizer lithiums that are stockpiled in my B.O.B and a few in other places.

luceat lux vestra

Enlightened
I'd stick with single AA lights w/ variable brightness that allow for extended runtime. Something like my Quark AA would be a good choice IMO. AA's are ubiquitous, so you could always pick up a few packs for free when you join in on the looting. :whistle:
+1.... I think I will stick with a quark aa........................ just make sure its not my house your looting{Remington 870}

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
Let's say we're talking about some REAL situation, not the 2012 shenanigan...

Most of my lights reside in a tackle box and the rest are nearby on my night stand. Basically, I'd grab the box, the lights on the table and my BOB, plus some blades and a big rock. Fill the car with food, get to stores that sell batteries and steal all I can and some gas canisters (AND some weapons and ammo), then steal whatever food is left in grovery stores (might think about putting that one first, though). Next step is to fill those canisters with fuel and head for a quiet place where the winter is bearable and I can grow my own food. I might stop to grab a bigger vehicle and tow a generator, depending on what's going on or not.

ZMZ67

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have to agree with the second post in this thread by LEDninja in a complete collapse the batteries are going to run out eventually and probably sooner than we would like.Small lanterns with plenty of extra wicks would be better as you could render lamp oil from animal fat,suppose I should figure out how to do that. :thinking: :laughing: As far as flashlights a Nightstar shake light or thier crank flashlight are probably the best long term as they both use capacitors.Of course I will have my Malkoffs and other prized lights until the batteries are gone! :D

scout24

Flashaholic
Long running, low powered... Fenix EO1's, Gerber infinities, my Mako, my Titans, cottonpicker's solar charger, my AAA/AA solar charger and my Eneloops and AW RCR123's. Sounds a lot like my pre-packed Pelican case... :) And my EDC Haiku of course. If we want to consider the possibility of EMP, some Incan SF's. E1E, E2E's, C2 and G2. Lotsa primaries and bulbs. Sounds like the other Peli case... Other priorities are certainly as if not way more important, and probably deserve their own thread.

coyote

Flashlight Enthusiast
Makos (60 degree flood & 15 degree standard) and an ITT PVS-14 (although not actually a "flashlight", it is a night vision device)

Mako-standard-vs-Mako-Flood.jpg

ITT_PVS14_SingleBattery.JPG

Last edited:

OhioCop83

Newly Enlightened
Pelican 8060 with a bunch of c batts, and since I always have a back-up...my Gladius

tam17

Enlightened
Fenix E01 and a pack of lithiums... Wonder if it'll work in an EMP situation?

Since EOTWAWKI will come from inversion of Earth's magnetic poles & ensuing spurious cosmic radiation, and it's official - do you guys watch History Channel? :D :tinfoil:

Cheers,

Tam

Outdoorsman5

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd choose my Quark AA with the regular UI, and lots & lots of batteries.
I could always lego it with any of my other quarks (AA, AA2, 123, 123x2, 18650, Turbo, & Turbo X) for back up parts (heads, bodies, & tail switches.) Also, I would have all the battery options available with the quark line of lights (AA, Alkaline, Lithium, NiMH, CR123, 18650, 14500, RCR123, 17670.) I have tons of AA lithiums & CR123's in storage with some incredible shelf life, so I could be well lit for years. I just need to get a solar charger to be totally prepared. With the moonlight mode on this light I should be able to squeeze everything out of whatever batteries I used, plus the moonlight mode would help me go undetected by BG's. Great light & great system.

alpa2500

Newly Enlightened
We have always been an "emergency preparedness" family and have flashlights (and supplies) in backpacks for each person to grab in the case of an emergency. While the flashlights are very basic Energizer hard case AA lights, they are economical and sufficient for young children. In our case, keeping the lights powered beyond the length of a small emergency would be a challenge.