End of Times - What flashlights will you bring?

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are we talking 2012 movie apocalypse or the 7 year Tribulation described in the Bible's book of Revelation?

If we're talking the 2012 movie type end of the world, Nightstar shake light (very waterproof and works a long time when in a dark place).

If we're talking about the 7 year Tribulation, my Fenix L2D Q5 and a stockpile of AA batteries while hiding in a cave until people give up trying to hunt me down to chop off my head. When it's somewhat safe to leave the cave, I'd use some Eneloops and a solar charger until about 4 years through the 7 years when the Apollyon/Apollo asteroid blocks out the sun and the Wormwood/Artemis asteroid (wormwood in latin, the language of the Romans, is Artemisia Absinthium which means "unenjoyable Artemis") poisons the water with flammable pitch. Yes, there is an asteroid named Apollo and one named Artemis. The Artemis asteroid is a C type asteroid that would burn up in the atmosphere and rain flaming pitch down on the planet. After the waters are filled with pitch and the sun gets blocked out, I'll make a torch using the pitch (torch fuel) and light it with something such as my Ultimate Survival Blastmatch. I'd use this method until I could find supplies from among the rubble and corpses.

On a side note, if you want to read up a little about my theory about these asteroids, check out Revelation 8:10-9:11 (the 3rd, 4th, and 5th Trumpet judgments). Notice that the 4th one involves the sun and moon being struck/ blocked out for 8 hours (a third of the day & a third of the night). You should know that Artemis is the Roman goddess of the moon (Wormwood is 3rd Trumpet)and Apollo is the Roman god of the sun (Apollyon is the 5th Trumpet). By, the way, these two gods were twin siblings, sort of implying that they will come as a pair. By my calculations, it would take a round object about 320+ kilometers across to eclipse the sun from geosynchronous orbit. If an object that size (still smaller than the moon) were to follow earth's orbit around the sun instead of the orbit the earth rotates on it's axis (also the way the moon rotates around the earth) it could theoretically block out the sun and moon at the same time for 8 hours if they were in alignment (in order from sun outward:sun, large asteroid/small planet, earth, moon). That large asteroid/small planet could also be towing a couple of asteroids/moons such as the Artemis and Apollo asteroids. If that were the case, the large asteroid could remain out of earth's atmosphere, block out the sun and moon from orbit, and hurl asteroids at us from orbit once the smaller asteroids' orbits takes them through our atmosphere.

Personally, I think my theories about parts of the apocalypse seem more plausible than that movie 2012 where the earth's core is microwaved by solar flares and causes a pole reversal that instantly moves and destroys continents within days and floods the entire planet. Sorry if I ruined the movie for you.

Juggernaut

Flashlight Enthusiast
As long as I don't have to leave the house, my Big Beam 1000 Ultra Mod "in my avatar". With my stash of SLAs I should have approximately 19,500 hours at 22 lumens:faint:. I don't think I'll have to worry about batteries…………:crackup:!

David18

Newly Enlightened
Arc P, Photon Proton Pro, Fenix TK40.

I would have a good supply of Lithium batteries and for when they are used up I would have Eneloops and a solar charger.

black kamagong

Newly Enlightened
Surefires and Maglites with Malkoff drop ins.

Do you still have frequent blackouts in the P.I.?
and is it true that all urban area's now have electricity?
I havent been there for more than 30 years and thats where
my flashaholism started :D

Hi Jvalera, we do have blackouts in the P.I. when there's a typhoon or during election time if you know what i mean. A lot of the provinces have electricity already but there's still a lot of them that dont have light especially up on the mountains.

Thanks guys for your posts, just started this thread to have some fun and i was curious as to what flashlights you would bring:D

Wanted to know which of your flashlights that you would trust your life with:thinking:

any more posts would be great!

black kamagong

Newly Enlightened
End of the world comes the last thing I'm going to worry about is flashlights.

I'd be looking for females!

I think it be easier to pick up females in the dark if you have flashlights since they are generally afraid of the dark, unless those same females are from the Armed Forces, an MMA athlete or some other martial art hehehe:whistle:

AZLight

Newly Enlightened
Good Idea, But ill Raise your $3k NVG's for a 300 Lumens Flashlight.

Lense Flare can be a SOB.

But by no means if i had a pair of NVGs would i leave them at home. lol

You will loose every time. There is no such thing as lense flare with the PVS14 which has Automatic Gain Control. I can look straight at a street light with no problem. Muzzle flash and exploding ordnances have no effect either. I do have a RA infrared twisty mounted on my M16 though.

M@elstrom

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd just grab my duty bag... it's already loaded up with enough flashlights, communications gear, defensive equipment, batteries & basic first aid supplies to get me through any SHTF situations (well at least I hope so) :D

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
I survived Y2K somehow so gotta feel my chances of making it out alive in 2012 are better than average. :D I do have a BOB so guessing whatever flashlight and headlamp inside would work just fine

Juggernaut

Flashlight Enthusiast
Kind of a random TIP: I often hear people talking about hooking low draw LEDs onto things like car / marine batteries. The truth is it would be better if you just hooked two Alkaline 6 volt F lantern batteries together. At low amp draw rates "less than .075 you will have around 30,000 mah! That's the equivalent of a large car battery, except two 6 volts batteries only way less than 4 pounds:D!

John_Galt

Flashlight Enthusiast
I forget where I heard this, but will 120AC lightbulbs (incan, not CFL) run on regular 12v?

A mixture of sorts: By then I plan to have at least one Ra Twisty/clicky, but my LD20, a Quark Tactical, and my Princeton tec Aurora.

Also, a big stash of lithium AA's, CR123's, and a solar charger for car batteries, plus an inverter and charger for ni-mh AA's, AAA's, and RCR123's.

But the world won't end... I'll be partying hard, though. My friends and I are already planning to have a huge party that night, culminating with a moment of silence at exactly 11:59 pm. We'll stay quiet till 12:01, and then keep partying.

hammerface

Newly Enlightened
Probably my zebralight h50 (1xAA), my lf3xt (1xcr123), my arc AAA and then a big gun like the TK40 (8XAA)

and then more if I can fit more in my pockets :)

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
60-70 hours of darkness? Where did that come from?

Well my 200L E2DL and Maratac AAA are all I have so I guess they would have to do!

konut

Newly Enlightened
You guys are a riot! Hey, its THE END. A flashlight is not going to do you much good. :aaa:

Benson

Flashlight Enthusiast
Since these type of threads about end of times and nuclear winter seem to turn into discussions about guns, ammo, bunkers and survival gear, I'll go ahead and say it: you don't need to bring anything but the firepower to TAKE what you need. :xyxgun:

On a serious note, it's not that simple. Some things, will be relatively scarce. How are you going to find someone with them, to take them from?

Or even if the notion of taking stuff bothers you, just assume you have an adequate stock of trade goods and can barter for them instead of taking them. Which items will you need that you won't be able to find someone to swap with?

While AAs will be widely available by trade or force, high-efficiency flashlights to burn them in won't be, and unless you can find enough of them to keep going with the $5 lights you'll be able to take from most people, I'd easily swap a couple Quarks for a couple hundred rounds of ammo.