Eternalight EliteMAX to ship by next week!

KenBar

Enlightened
OK!!
I just read the manual for the new EliteMAX.
I gotta have one..
I REALLY LIKE THE NEW FEATURES!

<font color="red"> </font> I agree.....if you're looking for a total lighting instrument that fits in your pocket and is your best nighttime tool, nothing beats the MAX!

I guess my daughter gets to inherit my old one!
She has pestered me long enough for it!
Please send me the form!
Thanks,
Ken

MrEternaLight

Newly Enlightened
As promised, the first EliteMax's began shipping on Wednessday. Some of you will notice on the inside of case, where the magnet resides, is a number and my initials. That number is the production number of the unit. I personally assembled and initialed the first 10 units. Since CPF members are the first the EliteMax was offered too, a few of you stand a good chance at getting those units. I'm anxious to hear your reviews. I hope you are as pleased with the unit as we are. Thanks!

JollyRoger

Enlightened
Woo-hoo! Just received mine! Thanks a bunch, Tom!
Unit #02. I guess I'm pretty lucky...
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

The light output is great. Buttons are of excellent quality (just like the previous Elite I bought).

Better review to follow once I've read the manual and learn all the cool functions....

snuffy

Enlightened
Re: Eternalight EliteMAX to ship by next week! *DELETED*

Post deleted by snuffy

JollyRoger

Enlightened
First impressions on the Eternalight MAX

Here's a bit more info, guys:

If you had any of Technology Associates' previous Eternalights, I highly recommend this one. While all of you probably are aware of all the features, I guess I can tell you what it's like to actually use.

First off, you can take it out of the box and use it w/o reading the "manual." It behaves just like the older Eternalights. Techass included a very nice "mini" screw driver for changing batteries--very cool! It's small enough to fit in the coin pocket of your jeans, for example...but probably better for storing in a take-along battery case, etc. (Unless you really need a screwdriver with you at all times!)

It's not all that hard to learn the new functions of the light. I really like the battery check feature. Way cool! Now I know when I should be charging my nimh batts...

All in all, this light is very versatile. You can use it as a simple flashlight (on/off), or turn all the features you want on....it looks just like the previous Eternalight Elite X-ray (blue) and feels very solid.

Although the regulation mode is nice to have, I really don't think it's necessary, especially when you're using lithium batteries or nimh batteries. Still, it's a feature many CPFers are seeking these days. And it's cool...

The "overdrive" mode, which can be turned on (even when the light is off) by the push of a button (the "adjust" button) is very nice--you can use it for signaling, etc. and you don't have to cycle through the modes to get to this "momentary mode" now (like you did on the older units. The "overdrive" mode also gives the brightest output I've seen from a four led light....I believe it's brighter than the Inova in this mode, but I'm not sure.

I kind of wish the "instructional labels" on the light were printed on the inside, so there would be no chance of them getting scratched off, etc. By instrucitonal label, I mean the labels that mark what mode you are setting when you're configuring the light. (In the configuration mode, each of the four led's represents a different mode and whether it is on or off). I guess seeing these labels through the blue case would be a bit difficult though...

All in all, a very nice light! Well worth the $ (to a flashaholic) and definitely THE MOST TECHNOLOGICALLY ADVANCED FLASHLIGHT ON THE MARKET!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Re: First impressions on the Eternalight MAX

Can't wait for "Santa" Mailman to arrive! Thanks for your thoughts!

pedalinbob

Flashlight Enthusiast

me too!

thanks for the review.

Bob<--cant wait to get my first eternalight!

monanza

Flashlight Enthusiast

To add to JollyRoger's most excellent review:

1. Both standard and overdrive modes are brighter than the Inova X5/X5T. In fact at close range the overdrive mode can almost vie with my E2e/KL1 combo. I definately believe the 12 lumen output reported in the other thread.

2. The light is indeed very solid and nicely built.

3. There are in fact five configuration modes not four (the fifth config mode is identified by the internal LED and controls the glow in the dark feature). This fifth mode was confusing and took a moment to find/figure out. It is just not as visible as the 4 external LEDs (the internal LED also behaves a bit differently - it does not pulse with the others during configuration).

4. The regulated mode is very useful for work in dark enclosures for extended periods. The regulation reduces fatigue that could result from the subtle decrease in output as the batteries weaken. The battery check is definately helpful in this regards but it does take a couple of extra steps to do the test.

5. Two of the lamps on my EliteMAX were of a slightly whiter color than the others which is really not a big bother (wish all four were as white).

Love the light. Glad I waited for the MAX. So what's next for Techass?

Cheers.

MrEternaLight

Newly Enlightened

That's great news! #2 to Jolly Roger huh? Cool! Well Jolly, maybe you'll be able to get your money back in a few years off ebay for that unit! I'm glad your both happy with the unit so far. It almost didn't make the deadline you know. We had a last minute problem that would have held up production indefinitely but with a lucky stroke, we found the problem and fixed it in one morning. Well, very good then, please keep the reports coming, it's the best way for me to address your conerns or answer your questions. Thanks guys!

KenBar

Enlightened

I am sure all the diehards are aware of this...but
for those who aren't ....

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *

Just received Unit #05! <font color="blue">Love that momentary overdrive!!</font> I'm on the way to an appointment, gotta run. Can't wait to play (oops, program photon parameters in accordance with technical data) when I return! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Thanks for signing it Tom!

snuffy

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
KenBar said:

I am sure all the diehards are aware of this...but
for those who aren't ....

[/ QUOTE ]
? <font color="purple"> </font>

KenBar

Enlightened

Hmmmm???
Something happened to the link.
I put it there...tested it...and then logged off.
Bug>>>?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Well, here it is again.
I will post it directly

http://www.techass.com/el/elm4z/index.php

There is a link to the PDF for the manual.
Mine hasn't arrived yet but I will "know it" before It arrives!