FatFlex Prototype

Status
Not open for further replies.

georges80

Flashlight Enthusiast
As I originally stated, the firmware in FatFlex is currently 100% nFlex. I am thinking to model the user interface on the UI1 of the Lionheart (that would be lockout, the menu scheme, force levels and autosleep). I won't offer UI0 - mainly because I need the code space for another feature that I want to implement...

I'm open to comments/suggestions on which interface would be preferred - nFlex or UI1 of the Lionheart.

george.

Christoph

Flashlight Enthusiast
Will this be a buck/boost configuration?
I like the UI1
Chris /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/evilgrin07.gif

georges80

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Christoph said:
Will this be a buck/boost configuration?
I like the UI1
Chris /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/evilgrin07.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Boost - Fatman is a Boost converter and thus FatFlex will be as well. See the link previous in this thread to the specs of Fatman.

UI1 looks popular right now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

george.

georges80

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
sithjedi333 said:
Will there be such a thing as a nFlex with the LH interface?

[/ QUOTE ]

No reason that there couldn't be.

In fact, given that FatFlex and nFlex from a uC interface are identical, once the LH UI1 code is running on FatFlex there's no reason I can't just download it into the nFlex boards....

Hence the reason for asking if folk would prefer the UI1 LH interface or the nFlex style interface.

george.

Phylor

Newly Enlightened
If the minimum voltage is 3v, then will a single CR123A light be possible? What will the circuit do when the voltage sags below 3v under load? A dimmable single cell CR123A LuxIII light would great!

Kiu

Enlightened
I much much perfer the LH's UI1. This will become my dream modding board.
Will there be also 64 brightness level? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif
Cant wait for it!
george, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif

AuroraLite

Enlightened
George!

This is great!! Can't hardly imagine this board used alongside with the new upcoming lux this year! Paypal ready, pm me anytime! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

andrewwynn

Flashlight Enthusiast
the only 'problem' for lack of a better word i've had with fatman is that since it's a boost driver it really wants 2 series emitters if you want to dim fully if using more than 3V.. but a 3lux 6V mag would probably be an awesome use for this device. I like the 'instant access' of dim using a pot, but it leads to other complexities like water intrusion and ugly problems like that.

I would definitely be able to find a home for FatFlex.

-awr

Burnt_Retinas

Enlightened
George,

If this does what I think it will do then it's probably what I've waited a very long time for.

This should be the answer to many modders needs, including mine /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

You really turn out some brilliant mod circuits, great work.

Chris

mobile1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Beautiful - good to see some pics and info. I am currently looking for some small momentary IP67 sealed momentary pushbutton switches. Then change my gattling design to add your driver and a switch. I have ordered a sample switch (in Europe) but it hasnt arrived yet.

georges80

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
icarus said:
George, will the FatFlex be capable to drive 4 LuxIII's at 1A?

[/ QUOTE ]

FatFlex has the same drive specs as Fatman. So, no, 4 Lux3's at 1A is too many Watts, sorry.

george.

Status
Not open for further replies.