Fenix E01: budget value LED light at $10

coyote

Flashlight Enthusiast
i'm not a fenix dealer but a wholesaler supplier was steeply discounting them and had already sold out, which usually means things are being sold as a close-out. i was told that they also believed this was the case.

ok, so maybe it was just a rumor and i spoke out of turn. take that for what it's worth. but why not grab some now just in case they have been discontinued? how can having a few extra E01 laying around hurt?

Last edited:

LightWalker

Flashlight Enthusiast
i'm not a fenix dealer but a wholesaler supplier was steeply discounting them and had already sold out, which usually means things are being sold as a close-out. i was told that they also believed this was the case.

ok, so maybe it was just a rumor and i spoke out of turn. take that for what it's worth. but why not grab some now just in case they have been discontinued? how can having a few extra E01 laying around hurt?

Maybe they are going to upgrade it. I don't think I could have too many E01's.

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
On the subject of the Arc AAA, it's still being made and it's actually slightly brighter than the E01, it being rated at 10.5 lumens out the front, the E01 is 10 lumens at the emitter. I also think that since Fenix is making a new economy AAA light, the E05, a lot of people think it's replacing the E01, I'm pretty sure this is not the case.

Great find finding the E01 for 10 bucks, it's a really great light.

Darvis

Enlightened
There are a few AAA's I like better, but not many, not by much, and none in the 10-15 buck price range. I have a ton of them all over the place as candles and emergency lights, and they're my defacto gift light to everyone I think needs a light. they are great at what they do, you made a solid choice.

LG&M

Enlightened
I am waiting for 4 sevens to come out with the E01 killer. Check his forum in the market place.

jruser

Newly Enlightened
Whlie the E01 is good for what it is (cheap, durable), IMHO I don't think that it is accurate to imply that a modern $40 - $50 light is only marginally better. I agree that it is uncontested at the $10 price, but it is kind of old fashioned.

From my own comparisons, the E01 is like 4 - 5 lumens OTF (for 11 hours according to spec). Something like the Preon Revo is 1.5 lumens for 67 hours or 15 lumens for 5 hours. The purple tint and oval hotspot have always made me feel that I got what I paid for with the E01, quantity instead of quality.

edpmis02

Enlightened
When I read how loved the E01 is.. and the torture tests that it lived though, I get excited by it. But I also have a L0D Q4 and it's low beam blows the E01 out of the water. Love the simplicity.. Hate the blue oval of a beam.. The E01 is on the wife key chain.

LightWalker

Flashlight Enthusiast
When I read how loved the E01 is.. and the torture tests that it lived though, I get excited by it. But I also have a L0D Q4 and it's low beam blows the E01 out of the water. Love the simplicity.. Hate the blue oval of a beam.. The E01 is on the wife key chain.

I have a Fenix L0D CE and I much prefer the build quality of the E01.

Mr Floppy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good point but some of us have to budget for lights. You have me worried now. I'm going to have to send a query to Fenix.

Ishango

Enlightened
I enjoy using my E01. It's always there when I need it, on my keyring. It also functions as a backup to my EDC (currently the Fenix L1T). It is a very bright little light and seems to last forever.

I sent an e-mail to the dutch importer for more information (I want to get myself the E05 as well) :whistle:

Ishango

Enlightened
Just received a reply from the dutch importer (KnivesAndTools.nl) already (wow, talking about customer service).

According to his information the E05 will be offered next to the E01 and will not replace it. He also told me he can order the lights from China starting today and hopes to have them in stock in about two weeks.

coyote

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just received a reply from the dutch importer (KnivesAndTools.nl) already (wow, talking about customer service).

According to his information the E05 will be offered next to the E01 and will not replace it. He also told me he can order the lights from China starting today and hopes to have them in stock in about two weeks.

hope he's right and i was wrong. anyone else who learns anything, please post it asap.

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast

Good to hear that from someone, I pretty much figured it wasn't to replace the E01, that would be an EXTREMELY boneheaded move if it was.

vali

Enlightened
I would like to see a v2 version with some less-purple-led on it. Maybe some of the 5mm cree leds that JohnR66 tested.

nakahoshi

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just picked up 3 more @ $10 Dollars Off of Ebay.

The Purple Tint everyone worries about only comes into play when your hunting for white walls. If you actually use the light, you wont notice it.

I have had an E01 on my keys for a long time and The battery lasts forever. I use it more then my EDC. It always works and has been a very reliable back up.

I have tried the Arc, and at this price point Its hard to compete with the E01.

Ive been using mine since...

( Order Date: Wednesday 30 April, 2008 ) :devil:

e01.jpg

e013.jpg

-Bobby

Latest posts