Fenix E01

iamlucky13

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think a small company like Sofirn without the overhead of multi-level, international distribution network like Fenix, producing an equivalent to the E01 for $6 is similar to Convoy producing the S2+ for $15. Either one is a really incredible value for the price. While I think Fenix makes good lights (especially the under-appreciated E01), pricing is not their advantage.

I can't say for certain the Sofirn light will fully live up to the E01's reputation, but they appear intent on trying, I don't think the price is unbelievable, and I'm definitely willing to risk $6 each on a couple copies to get lights in this form factor with the Yuji emitters.

gurdygurds

Flashlight Enthusiast
Back to a flashlight that actually currently exists, the E01, I had another outdoor adventure using mine. Was in the Tahoe Donner are and did some late night stand up paddling with a buddy. Grabbed my E01 before we headed out and it was just enough light to illuminate the path walking down to the water. A few times I wished I had more light but it would've trashed my night vision. Got the job done in a sort of minimalist fashion which I like.

Warmcopper123

Newly Enlightened
at that price with equivalent quality I will buy 5 right off the bat. cant beat it. almost too good to be true. Now the wait begins :(

iamlucky13

Flashlight Enthusiast
Back to a flashlight that actually currently exists, the E01, I had another outdoor adventure using mine. Was in the Tahoe Donner are and did some late night stand up paddling with a buddy. Grabbed my E01 before we headed out and it was just enough light to illuminate the path walking down to the water. A few times I wished I had more light but it would've trashed my night vision. Got the job done in a sort of minimalist fashion which I like.

Nicely done. Camping I can easily imagine going with just an E01, but on the water I'd definitely be less sure of myself.

Keeping making good use of those lumens.

gurdygurds

Flashlight Enthusiast
E-3PO and I have been sharing some good quality time together. He completes me.

gurdygurds

Flashlight Enthusiast
Poop!!! How the heck does one post photos of his sweet sweet sweet E-3PO E01 from his IPhone??

gurdygurds

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just a heads up, messaged Vihn and he said he will pot the head on his Yuji mods if the buyer would like. QUOTE=this_is_nascar;5231334]Still have my black E01 3200k Yugi light I'm trying to sell. Too warm for my taste.[/QUOTE]

gurdygurds

Flashlight Enthusiast
https://imgur.com/a/PExfWlv
this truly is the best and greatest flashlight the world has ever known. I know sofirn is trying to out E01 the E01, and I'm looking forward to seeing what they do with their light....but these things are just so damn cool!

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic
This light has always escaped me, the yuji mod certainly has my interest in this little light though. Speaking of escaping ..........what happened to remco, saying i miss his high beam and landing light questions would be too far haha, but not seen him around for ages. Hope he is OK.

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ven, I know you love your super lights. And I know you love your no frills lights. If you want something you just can't kill the E01 are worth a shot.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I like the way the EO1 disappears in your pocket. Simple twisty that is stiff enough not to pocket turn on (or disassemble) yet grippy enough to twist with sweaty fingers.

And the no lens thing. Pffft, shucks.... if you get scuff on the globe and lens the beam only gets better! How many lights can do that?

It's a 13 lumen, regulated battery sipper that doesn't overwhelm upclose, yet throws a good 5 metres (15 feet) easily so darkened steps are not a bother. Great 2am nature call, what went bump at 2am number. And they're inexpensive.

The E01 deserves a spot in the flashlight hall of fame in my view.

rookiedaddy

Enlightened
hSUpENu.jpg

in my collections... the 3 on the right are diffused and around the house...

Monocrom

Flashaholic
The E01 deserves a spot in the flashlight hall of fame in my view.

Absolutely! it is one of the very few lights loved by flashaholics, and enjoyed by normies when they get one as a gift.

Last edited:

marinemaster

Flashlight Enthusiast
It does not in my experience.
I had a dozen Fenix lights in AA and 123 and they all broke. Tried as I might they have not honored any warranty even they were new from authorized dealer.
The only Fenix light that still works is the E01 but the only because is a copy of Arc AAA.
Fenix has absolutely no merit on their own.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
The only Fenix light that still works is the E01 but the only because is a copy of Arc AAA.
Fenix has absolutely no merit on their own.

Speaking as a flashaholic, and an owner of Arc AAA'S, there is no comparison, Arc has better quality overall. The Fenix is a go to AAA that serves a different purpose, something to beat up that will give service over time, at a better price.

Bill