Fenix flashlight for nurse, which one?

Customerservice@4sevens

Newly Enlightened
Hi there! :welcome:

The L1T v2.0 is probably what you are going to look for. If you want to get her something with the clip, we sell the L0D, which is a 1xAAA light. It's plenty capable. What is she going to be using it for?

The L0D comes with a key chain ring that can be put onto a lanyard for around the neck carrying. We have a few customers who are nurses who use it like that. :)

Alternatively, we also carry a pocket clip for that light. With the CPF discount through fenix-store.com that would end up a freebie ;)

Fenix discontinued the Rebel emitter since the supply could not meet the demand. The Cree LEDs, in my opinion, are a much better LED.

If you have any further questions, feel free to email me.

[email protected]

Thanks!

FsTop

Enlightened
The Lowest setting on the L0-lights is not low at all. IMHO, it would wake a sleeping patient.

I'd think that the LumaPower Avenger would be a great choice: good beam, not too hot a hotspot for closeup use, two levels, long battery life, a clicky, a good pocket clip, and no UI to speak of. BTW, the battery length/clicky recall is just not a problem for most users, and they have a replacement design anyway: mine works perfectly wit the original clicky switch, with both Eneloops and AW's 10440's.

While on the topic, you might as well toss the alkaline AAA's, as they will give remarkably short life in these modern lights - they draw so much current that alkaline batterys die quickly.

Get rechargeables anyway, so you never have to decide whether to toss a partly-used battery...

Last edited:

tposs01

Newly Enlightened
Get a light that runs on AAs. Telemetry boxes, if used in the hospital, operate on them. So, a ready power source is available. I would not be concerned with a light that can blind someone. 99% of the time you need enough light only to check pupil response. I personally carry a cheap pen light. This way I am not concerned about losing it, dropping it, dropping it in something or someone lifting it.

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
My new gf is a RN and I just ordered here a Fenix E01. I think its perfect for her. Right now she is using a sad MagSolitaire so as a flashoholic I just HAD to remedy that situation! LOL! I ordered her purple though, so who knows how long it will take to get that!

brucered

Newly Enlightened
so i pulled the trigger on the following, so no more debating:

Fenix L1T V2.0 Q2 Black
Pre-order Fenix E01 Orange Finish

total of just under $60 after paypals US/CAN conversion. not bad considering the CPF discount, free shipping and no taxes (we pay 12% in manitoba)

that way she has one kickass powerfull light and another for backup that will still blow her old maglite out of the water.

i'll let you know how they work out. i'm sure we'll both love them.

SureFiredUp

Newly Enlightened
I have to agree with gunner on the LED spectrum and body parts looking different from what they should. I used a cool LED to check out my sore throat once and it looked like I had rigor or something back there.

Now get her a box of cheap, narrow penlights so she doesn't get her nice flashlight icky during exams... besides, you might not want to touch her light if she's using it for exams... not without lysol.

Burgess

Flashaholic
to Brucered --

Welcome to CandlePowerForums !

:welcome:

Good Luck in your quest to find the perfect flashlight.

:wave:

BTW, i have a Fenix L1D-CE, and i love it.

Bet your wife will, also.

_

brucered

Newly Enlightened
I have to agree with gunner on the LED spectrum and body parts looking different from what they should. I used a cool LED to check out my sore throat once and it looked like I had rigor or something back there.

Now get her a box of cheap, narrow penlights so she doesn't get her nice flashlight icky during exams... besides, you might not want to touch her light if she's using it for exams... not without lysol.

she's not using it for exams or in emerg or anything. she's a ward nurse in childrens hospital, so it's mainly for checking vitals at night and stuff.

i think i made a good choice of power and practicality. she's getting both so she can use a high power one or the smaller e01.