Fenix LD01 - LOD-Q4 replacement

Patriot

Flashaholic
It seems odd to me that Fenix would offer a stainless limited edition of the LD01 instead of Ti...:thinking: I say that because they've done ti before and it was a hit around here.

Much of the reason that I'm interested in the steel alternative is for the sole reason that it won't be black. Choosing a light for its color rather than the material probably sounds a bit odd but I know the weight won't be an issue for me.

Marduke

Flashaholic
It seems odd to me that Fenix would offer a stainless limited edition of the LD01 instead of Ti...:thinking: I say that because they've done ti before and it was a hit around here.

Being a hit around here, and being a hit in the open market are two completely different things. VERY few people (compared to their entire market base) will shell out $100+ for a Ti light.

That being said, I would be very tempted by a Ti version also.

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
I hope the Streamlight Microstream will be compatable and I can easily remove the LD01 bezel/LE and add it to the microstream clicky switch/end cap! Then I'll try a 10440!!

I LOVE my L0D/Microstream :twothumbsand 10440 power!

EngrPaul

Flashlight Enthusiast
The L0-Ti was about $100, but you had to play a lottery to win it, which cost additional bucks, without a guarantee of being able to purchase light.

Fenix offered the light as appreciation for customer loyalty, but many of the most loyal Fenix customers missed out on a chance to get one.

It's my personal opinion that they went about it the wrong way, and probably ticked off loyal customers while rewarding random grubsters.

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
Somebody said Fenix is targeted at way more people than CPF.

But unless you trip over it with a google search that puts you here or trip over them at DX how is the public expected to find them?

I'd have never known were it not for CPF!!!!

applevision

Flashlight Enthusiast
Somebody said Fenix is targeted at way more people than CPF.

But unless you trip over it with a google search that puts you here or trip over them at DX how is the public expected to find them?

I'd have never known were it not for CPF!!!!

+1!

They have no other retail presence, no web presence and, as far as I can tell, do not do much direct marketing to LEOs or Military. So I agree completely!

MKLight

Enlightened
Marduke,

Hey! Thanks...you responded too quickly! :) I had opened the links, posted my response, looked at the links, then deleted my response.

Sorry for my mistake. :eek:

Thanks,
Mike

Marduke

Flashaholic
so is Fenix sold in retail (brick n mortar) stores anywhere?

Some local sporting goods stores carry Fenix. I suspect the Leatherman Serac series (made by Fenix) will also be in a number of stores which currently carry Leatherman products.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
All this talk left me with no choice. I had to order something. Turned out to be the L0D-Q4, mainly to get the olive finish and have the strobe option.

Geoff

kts

Enlightened
I just bought another Q4 aswell, I like strobe, got it today, its got the silver LED, my old Q4 got the yellow LED.

I know silver is made in china, yellow in the states.

The new one got a better/whiter tint, it seems a little brighter too with a more defined hotspot, maybe its just the tint.:thinking:

Has anyone else noticed any difference between the silver/yellow LEDS?