Fenix TA30

adirondackdestroyer

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Any Info on: Fenix TA30

Very nice! If it falls in the under $75 price range it will be one heck of a deal! I wish it didn't have the strike bezel, but other than that it looks really cool.

Fallingwater

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Any Info on: Fenix TA30

I wonder where the balance point is given the twisty switching collar up front. Reminds me a little of the German grenades from WWII movies, can on a stick affair.
Perhaps it has an undocumented mode... you twist it in some special way, it shorts the CR123 cells inside, then you throw it like a grenade and scream "FIRE IN THE HOLE!!!" :p

Marduke

Flashaholic
It definitely looks 2xAA to me. Like an E20 with a different head.

Now if it came in a version with a smooth SS instead of strike bezel... :paypal:

HKJ

Flashaholic
It definitely looks 2xAA to me. Like an E20 with a different head.

Now if it came in a version with a smooth SS instead of strike bezel... :paypal:

My guess is either 2xAA, 2xC or 3xCR123 and I would also have preferred less pointy bezel.
But I am going to buy it.

Marduke

Flashaholic
3xCR123 (2x17500 capable) would be my second guess, 2x18650 would be my third.

However, I still would be VERY surprised if it's not 2xAA with those proportions.

I guess if there is no other version, a dremel cutoff wheel will quickly take care of those spikes.

Superorb

Enlightened
Without dimensions, how can we be sure what batteries it takes? There's nothing as a frame of reference either.

Marduke

Flashaholic
Without dimensions, how can we be sure what batteries it takes? There's nothing as a frame of reference either.

You can make an educated guess based off the proportions. Since the T-series rubber switch boot for Fenix is a standard size, you get an idea of the proportions of the tailcap to the thinner body.

I would be VERY surprised if it's not 2xAA or 3xCR123

ninjaboigt

Enlightened
It does look a bit long.

i hate the strike bezel. maybe i need to buy a dremal and do wat marduke is gonna do.

i do like the ring selector...

when is fenix going to produce some good pocket clips?

and at 225 max...do u guys really think it might be a 3x123 size? i kinda think its just 2x123

ninjaboigt

Enlightened
lol oh yea, i forgot...

that is true it is a weapon mounted light...

i was just thinking out loud about the pocket clip...wrong topic i guess

well maybe they'll have a holster for it. or for the tk10...and more accesories

Superorb

Enlightened
You can make an educated guess based off the proportions. Since the T-series rubber switch boot for Fenix is a standard size, you get an idea of the proportions of the tailcap to the thinner body.

I would be VERY surprised if it's not 2xAA or 3xCR123
Gotcha. I'm a flashlight newb :blush:

Etienne1980

Newly Enlightened
This flashlight looks light the Surefire Defender EDL, it must have the same type of tunnel deep reflector throwing a narrow yet powefull focused beam. This flashlight is obviously design for personnal-protection

I do like the ring selector but I have mixed feelings about the strobe. My P3D Q5 is equipped with the tactical switch boot and, when I screw the head clockwise tight , I can switch with my thumb from the turbo mode to the strobe in a sec. with the clickie pressed half the way. (I don't know if I am explaining it correctly)

The ring selector is great if you want to keep your flashlight in the lowest setting in situations when you use your light often and want to preserve your night vision and you don't want to perform the tap-dance to find your setting.

But, in some self-defense situations you want the maximum output first to "remove any shadow of doubt" when clearing a street, a parling lot, a room and so on...

So imagine yourself seeing bad guy at a glance in a dark corner, then you want to switch on to the strobe quickly (disorientation) but you can't because you need to use your other hand to rotate the ring selector and you need this very hand to deploy a weapon or a defense tool.

You can use the strobe as an emergency signal or make the preset on strobe when you expect trouble ahead : you can see the bad guy without the help of a flashlight, then switch on the light directly on strobe.

What do you think ?

Gunner12

Flashaholic
That is a computer render...

Maybe the length is for the selector ring? The body itself does look a bit long so 3 CR123 or 2AA light be possible.

Hopefully the ring has obvious places where you know you engaged a certain mode. If the ring has two ending points, as in there is a point to the left and right where the ring stops turning, then hopefully max/strobe is at one end and low is at the other so if you sense trouble you can twist the ring to a certain position.

Maybe I'll have a bit of money when this comes out. I'll still wait for the reviews before I buy though.

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well the selector ring looks interesting. I'd be interested if it as in fact 2xAA (or 18650 :devil:). Unfortunately by the lumens rating I'm thinking it is a cool white emitter though. :( I sure wish Fenix would make more warm or neutral LED products.

jzmtl

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like it better than tk40, was going to buy a e2dl but looks like I'll put that on hold till more info about this is available.