Fenix TK10 "On Duty"

0dBm

Newly Enlightened
Give him a bit of time. He works on the night shift. Just like anyone else, he probably unwinds during the weekends after a long, tough week.

He appears to be fairly fastidious with his responses so he may be crafting one to offer in the next day or so.

I'm confident that it shall be at the minimum interesting if not captivating for those not ordinarily immersed in the mechanics of law enforcement culture particularly as it delves into the particulars of the tools of the trade such as firearms, tactical flashlights, and the requisite techniques to deploy them appropriately in circumstances so commonly portrayed in much of the current celluloid entertainment offerings.

Lightraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've had several coworkers who came from Atlanta Police Department. They all said the same thing--"It's dangerous. Really dangerous."

Most people don't realize what a patrol officer in an urban jungle like Birmingham, Atlanta or Los Angeles deals with every night. Coworkers from other police departments tell me the stress was really bad--and our job is not even close.

As far as some of the baiting 'questions' to this review--please, join the brothers and sisters of Atlanta PD, get promoted then create all the policies you want. This type of nonsense is why I don't need my picture, name or agency on the internet. I get enough crap on duty from people (and arrestees!) who think they know what I'm supposed to be doing or not doing.

0dBm

Newly Enlightened
The OP has dutifully and admirably handled himself in a manner befitting his occupation and responsibility by sensibly and methodically answering direct questions with confidence and devoid of aberrant tone that would have otherwise ostensibly undermined his authority in a real-world circumstance that would have required it.

It is a testament to the solidity and content of his character; one that has been comprehensively examined by the panel of interviewers prior to his hire. His demeanor in this thread is also indicative of the professionalism of those tasked with his training and development as a front line public administrator with responsibility for direct interpretation of municipal ordinances. He appears to be a good guy.

I surmise that his fortitude is sufficiently resilient to endure many more questions presented to him on an enthusiast internet bulletin board as he did not seem to waiver in the face of derisive follow-up posts constituent to those that I offered that threatened to derail the core content of this thread.

Admirable indeed.

His service and dedication to the community, as yours, is invaluable and not questioned, is not the topic of this thread.

Alas, let's bring it back to that; a discussion of the Fenix TK10 Tactical Flashlight while used by a law enforcement official in the performance of his official duties.

husky20

Banned
thanks for you assessment doctor OdBm can i set up an appointment for April 1:mecry:sorry i forgot thats your birthday:thumbsup:

Last edited:

Burgess

Flashaholic
to OpticalSerenity --

Thank you for your time and efforts in preparing this review.

:twothumbs

Tell us, however . . . .

Has the Fenix TK10 "changed your opinion" about the Pelican LAPD 7060 flashlight ?

Would you rate the two as "about even" ?

Or do you now see the Pelican as "disappointing" ?

We appreciate your info and input.

Best of Luck (and health) to you and your loved ones, OpticalSerenity.

:goodjob:
_

KingGlamis

Banned
Thanks for the great review. This just might be my next purchase.

Am I the only one that noticed that in the pic below it appears to have multiple LEDs, like a showerhead light? It's odd that the pic makes it look that way.

FenixTK10.jpg

For some strange reason I'd like to meet the "goof and silly" poster to see if really talks like he writes. :crackup:

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
admittedly, 0dBm sounds a bit pretentious, but i think us making fun of him qualifies as a personal attack? not finger pointing, just sayin' :tinfoil:

and of course, not expecting Optical to be on cpf immediatly posting his pics, just...wondering..:)

Crenshaw

Green Lantern

Newly Enlightened
The OP has dutifully and admirably handled himself in a manner befitting his occupation and responsibility by sensibly and methodically answering direct questions with confidence and devoid of aberrant tone that would have otherwise ostensibly undermined his authority in a real-world circumstance that would have required it.

It is a testament to the solidity and content of his character; one that has been comprehensively examined by the panel of interviewers prior to his hire. His demeanor in this thread is also indicative of the professionalism of those tasked with his training and development as a front line public administrator with responsibility for direct interpretation of municipal ordinances. He appears to be a good guy.

I surmise that his fortitude is sufficiently resilient to endure many more questions presented to him on an enthusiast internet bulletin board as he did not seem to waiver in the face of derisive follow-up posts constituent to those that I offered that threatened to derail the core content of this thread.

Admirable indeed.

His service and dedication to the community, as yours, is invaluable and not questioned, is not the topic of this thread.

Alas, let's bring it back to that; a discussion of the Fenix TK10 Tactical Flashlight while used by a law enforcement official in the performance of his official duties.

You're scaring me with all of those big, fancy words of yours. :faint::crackup::mecry::naughty::drool::grin2::laughing::crackup:

mossdabomb

Newly Enlightened
Would it be possible to mod the TK10 so it has strobe and other modes?

(sorry, im a noob.)

woodrow

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow, great review. Thanks. I really like my Fenix T1, but this looks like this light has some things the T1 was missing and I like the fact that the clip can be removed.

Congratulations to Fenix for producing a light that will most likely take a size-able bight into a certain competitor's military and law enforcement market.... at a price that is less than a 6pl for Waaaay more of a light. (imho)

0dBm... Do you wear your "V for Vendetta" mask around in public these days or just around the house? Just curious. :)

Last edited:

phreeflow

Newly Enlightened
Great review and I think the pics are friggin awesome! I'd also like to add my thanks for your service to our community:twothumbs.

And about OdBM, I'm with Crenshaw on this one...I know OdBM sounds a bit arrogant but maybe that's just how he talks??:thinking: :confused:

What's with all the flaming? :wtf:

Last edited:

wishywashy7

Enlightened
I wish to continue this post by asking some more questions about holster carry.

There seems to be a dearth of available leather holsters for the TK10. Belt carry options seem to be limited to those that can accommodate a variety of makes and models. Unfortunately, such versatility makes for a sloppy fit. The best choices still seem to be those moulded specifically for the individual model.

With the modified holster that you are using in the photos, do you find the bezel-up position to be convenient for your use or would you prefer bezel down with more of the body of the flashlight exposed for a quicker presentation ?

There seemed to be a small tide of shift a few years ago toward synthetic (namely nylon) for law enforcement duty gear namely for the cost savings vice that of leather. For uniformity, departments switched from leather en masse, however, the functionality of certain components on the belt did not transfer adequately. What duty gear manufacturer's opted to do was craft general fit products to accommodate a variety of similar items.

Are you aware of any custom nylon products that would work for this style and size flashlight without having to modify it as you did in your photos?

any holster that fits the surefire 6P should hold a TK10 without the tactical grip ring well. Here's one by blackhawk...it even accommodates the clip
IMG_2210_3.jpg