Fenix TK10 "On Duty"

geek4christ

Enlightened
Thanks for the review, OpticalSerenity. I appreciated your write-up and it's nice to hear your on duty impressions.

+1 to Burgess' question about the Pelican LAPD 7060, as well.

f22shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
0dBm... Do you wear your "V for Vendetta" mask around in public these days or just around the house? Just curious. :)

haha that's funny..

for some reason i had the voice of K.I.T when i was reading his posts.

it'll probabyly be fun to read it as though the "architect" from the matrix is sayin it too.

McCarty151

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the write up. One of my coworkers is buying me one of these as a thank you for fixing his computer for him. It looks like this may be complementing my StingerXT soon. Not sure where I'm going to put it on my duty belt though. Between holster, OC, magazine pouch, radio, taser, key holder, handcuff case, and current flashlight case, I'm out of real estate except in the small of my back and kidney area.

Have you been getting the advertised run time? How is the focus of the light? Is the beam concentrated or does it flood the whole area?

I'm an officer in Fresno PD (Fresno, CA). Our city is slightly less populous than Atlanta (465,000 to 485,000) but they have twice our violent crime rates and twice the number of sworn officers (843 to 1732). While we aren't as bad as Atlanta we have had 6 of our officers shot over the last year, and had 4 officer involved shootings already this year. I got tons of respect for Atlanta PD, yall got a tough job.

Hey, isn't that a City of Hiram patch? Are you guys contracted to provide policing services for them? Our County Sheriffs Office does that for the small towns in our county but they keep their uniforms.

zpaulg

Newly Enlightened
Nice review, greatly appreciated, 'nuff said!

Except for the fact I've ordered one as a result of your efforts, many thanks...keep up the good work!

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
The OP has dutifully and admirably handled himself in a manner befitting his occupation and responsibility by sensibly and methodically answering direct questions with confidence and devoid of aberrant tone that would have otherwise ostensibly undermined his authority in a real-world circumstance that would have required it.

It is a testament to the solidity and content of his character; one that has been comprehensively examined by the panel of interviewers prior to his hire. His demeanor in this thread is also indicative of the professionalism of those tasked with his training and development as a front line public administrator with responsibility for direct interpretation of municipal ordinances. He appears to be a good guy.

I surmise that his fortitude is sufficiently resilient to endure many more questions presented to him on an enthusiast internet bulletin board as he did not seem to waiver in the face of derisive follow-up posts constituent to those that I offered that threatened to derail the core content of this thread.

Admirable indeed.

His service and dedication to the community, as yours, is invaluable and not questioned, is not the topic of this thread.

Alas, let's bring it back to that; a discussion of the Fenix TK10 Tactical Flashlight while used by a law enforcement official in the performance of his official duties.
I don't think the word alas means what you think it does.

Also while you're parading your vocabulary you may want to check the difference between 'waver' and 'waiver', and while you're at it, none of the follow-up posts you referred to were addressed to him; they were in response to... someone else.

The OP did a great review and didn't need your certification of him as a "good guy" for us to have already seen him as such.

Thanks for a great review OpticalSerenity! :twothumbs

Last edited:

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Where is opitcal Serenity? still wanna see them pictures...

oh well, it must just mean he is busy serving the public...:rock:

Crenshaw

Supernam

Enlightened
Him: "Before you sign the ticket, would you please take a picture of me and my flashlight? BTW, do you know how to do a beamshot?"

wacbzz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I kinda hate to bring up a months old thread but the contents here were very interesting.

What ever happened to the video follow-up?

More importantly, according to the OPer, how does the TK10 rank with the Pelican 7060? Did he go back to carrying the 7060?

Sorry, but I would like some answers...:grin2:

A/V Dude

Newly Enlightened
I also had the TK10 Love it till I lost it. With the grip ring on, my holster was ruined in about a month.:oops:

Besides that it was a Great flashlight.

I now am waiting for a TK 11R2.:wave:

Last edited:

Latest posts