Fenix TK35

Rej

Newly Enlightened
Re: Just pulled the trigger on a Fenix TK35

Bare in mind the Fonarik shots are a little misleading....the TK35 is NOT aimed at the rear wall, but down slightly at the walk. The TK41 looks centered or up a little...
All I know my TK35 is one heck of a beast with decent throw and great spill!

recDNA

Flashaholic

Well you can't use 8 X IMR14500 because the voltage would be too high. The advantage of 4 LiFEPO is fewer batteries to recharge (albeit more often). Balancing the voltage of 8 batteries can be tricky too. TK40 is also pretty heavy with 8 eneloops. LiFEPO is as easy and safe to recharge as any NiMH battery.

srfreddy

Enlightened

Oh yeah, 8 lifepo would work in the TK40 holder with TK41...

thedukeoftank

Newly Enlightened
I have both, TK35 and M3X. Tk is not a thrower but it still throws very well, it puts out a LOT of light, more useful light than the M3X which is a thrower. These pictures show the difference although they should have been exposed longer. The trees were really lit up more than the picture shows by the TK and the M3x. @ 125 yds

Fenix TK35

tk35.jpg

Olight M3X

OlightM3X.jpg

Thanks for the comparison shots!

ranger07

Newly Enlightened

Been lookin at the TK35 as my next light Compact enough to carry in my pocket in the winter, and a nice balance of flood and throw. .

blub

Enlightened

Been lookin at the TK35 as my next light Compact enough to carry in my pocket in the winter, and a nice balance of flood and throw. .

You won't be disappointed

nightcacher

Newly Enlightened

I really like my TK35. I prefer the side by side battery set up, as its more compact. The light has a deep reflector and throws very well with useful spill and has a very nice tint, but there is still way to much snow here still (expecting more then 8 cm in the next few days) to see if it has a nice warm tint. Hoping for better weather and temps to get out with the 6 lights Igot this past winter. Since its NOT over I may have a HID to add by then.

Bottom line is the TK35 is worth the $100 or so and will be a favorite EDC for the near future anyway.

blub

Enlightened

More beam shots Fenix TK35, Olight M3X. 80 yards 1.3 sec@f2. Both are bright, M3X throws better, TK35 more flood.

Threw in Stanley HID, 15 MCP SPOT LIGHT and ETEK HID. I'd rather carry the M3X or the TK35 instead of those 4-8 lb spots.

Control
IMG_1048.jpg

TK35

tk35-1.jpg

M3X

m3x.jpg

STANLEY HID

StanleyHID-1.jpg

15 MCP SPOTLIGHT

15MCPSpotlight.jpg

ETEK HID It didn't kick down in this picture,not as bright when it does.

ETEKHID.jpg

Last edited:

Muad Dib

Newly Enlightened

I recently purchased a TK35 from Lighthound. I am somewhat disappointed with it, though the brightness & throw are superb, as is the build quality. The problem is the quality of the beam, it's greenish yellow, almost golden at it's maximum setting.

Compared to my M20 Warrior Premium it's no contest, the M20's beam is pure white, really almost perfect, while the TK35's is just superbright green/yellow/golden...

Has anybody else encountered this flaw?

blub

Enlightened

Mine has a greenish yellow tint too but only looking at white walls, I don't notice it outside.

Muad Dib

Newly Enlightened

Mine has a greenish yellow tint too but only looking at white walls, I don't notice it outside.

Mine shows up quite distinctly out of doors. I really think the light is well made, but it's beam is definitely(mine)greenish/yellow/golden. In side by side testing against the Olight it really stands out.

On the other hand my Fenix PD30/31 lights like the M20, are virtually pure white. Perhaps it's a characteristic of the Cree XM-L LED, perhaps we just got poorer samples. Regardless, it's a neat light, it definitely throws it's beam, and it's superb for night time shining of game...

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, I have a few cells that I'll be trying out. I have 3000mAh ultrafires, 2400mAh ultrafires & have some 2900mAh AWs on the way. I still want to try out the tenergy LiFEpo4 cells.or the K2 Energy LiFEpo4 cells.
Good move, yet you might want to check on the compatability of the 3000mAh UF with the TK35. The other ufires will fit, not the 3000mAh.

Last edited:

Muad Dib

Newly Enlightened
Good move, yet you might want to check on the compatability of the 3000mAh UF with the TK35. The other ufires will fit, not the 3000mAh.

I've been running my TK35 with the 3000 MAH Ultafire's.

Dole

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone have any lux reading for the TK35 or real OTF lumens ?

thedukeoftank

Newly Enlightened
Looks like mine will be waiting for me when I get home from work tonight... Sometimes nightfall can never come soon enough!