• Sunwayman T40CS

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • Fenix TK41

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters

MT7

Newly Enlightened
Hey everyone,
I want to buy for me my first thrower flashlight,and I can not decide which flashlight to buy-Sunwayman T40CS or the FENIX TK41.\
the Sunwayman T40CS look like a really better thrower than the TK41,but the price of the flashlight+two 18650 protected batteries+charger+multimeter is more than 185$ (the TK41 cost only 130$ and it run on cheap AA batteries)
the ANSI FL1 standart beam distance of the TK41 is 472 meters,and the ANSI beam distance of the T40CS is about 500 meter,the difference not so large,but in videos the TK41 beam look much more ''floody'' than the beam of the T40CS.
my question is-
Does the higher price of the T40CS worth it? or am I need to buy the TK41 in a much lower price?
does the difference between the T40CS and the TK41 worth the fact that the T40CS cost 65$ more than the TK41?
thanks advance,and sorry about my wrong english,it's not my native language.

hook63

Newly Enlightened
To me 18650's are a better option for a powerful light. And if you get some there are a lot of single and double cell options for future lights you might want.

LowFlux

Enlightened
What about the price of a charger and Nimh batteries for the TK41? You wouldn't want to put alkaline batteries into an expensive flashlight!

MT7

Newly Enlightened
What about the price of a charger and Nimh batteries for the TK41? You wouldn't want to put alkaline batteries into an expensive flashlight!

Why not put alkaline non-rechargable batteries into the TK41? is it harm the flashlight?

ILIKEFLASHLIGHTS

Enlightened
I have both of these flashlights.

If your wanting the better thrower, the T40CS is the way to go. If your wanting the more versatile light with 4 brightness setttings, the TK41 is the way to go. Actually the TK41 is still probably one of my favorite lights. If your wanting a better thrower than the T40CS, then go with the Olight M3X.

Last edited:

MT7

Newly Enlightened
I have both of these flashlights.

If your wanting the better thrower, the T40CS is the way to go. If your wanting the more versatile light with 4 brightness setttings, the TK41 is the way to go. Actually the TK41 is still probably one of my favorite lights. If your wanting a better thrower than the T4CS, then go with the Olight M3X.

why is the Olight M3X better thrower than the T40CS?
the Olight M3X has 475 meter of ANSI FL1 beam distance,and the T40CS has more than 500 meters of ANSI FL1 beam distance.
have you the Olight M3X?
thanks advance...

ILIKEFLASHLIGHTS

Enlightened
Yes I have the Olight M3X. It gives my Crelant 7G5 all it wants for throw. The Crleant 7G5 does beat it by just a little bit. I would rank the T40CS 3rd. The Olight M3X has a deeper reflector than the T40CS. The M3X has a 63mm head diameter. The T40CS has a 64mm head diameter. But the longer reflector on the M3X is why it throws a little better than the T40CS just like the 7G5 has over the M3X and edges it out in throw.

Let me show you some pictures.

ILIKEFLASHLIGHTS

Enlightened
All these are at 60yds with 4 CR123A batteries in the tube. Manual exposure, 1 sec shutter f/4.5, ISO 400

Crelant 7G5

DSCF3665Small.jpg

Olight M3X

DSCF3666Small.jpg

Sunwayman T40CS

DSCF3667Small.jpg

ILIKEFLASHLIGHTS

Enlightened
Here's 2 more shots at 350yds on manual exposure and a even faster 0.8 sec shutter which is probably just a little under exposing the beams from each light but you should be able to tell that the M3X slightly edges out the T40CS in my honest opinion. F/4.5 and ISO 400 The white barn is what I am aiming at. I'm zooming in some so that barn is roughly 350yds.

Olight M3X

DSCF3568Small.jpg

Sunwayman T40CS

DSCF3577Small.jpg

ILIKEFLASHLIGHTS

Enlightened
And here's the TK41 at 350yd same settings as above. I just got done taking these and the truck was in my way so I moved over a bit. But it's just as dark here as it was when I took those pictures above.

DSCF3675Small.jpg

Here's the Fenix TK41 at 60yds with 1 sec shutter f/4.5 ISO 400.

DSCF3676Small.jpg

ILIKEFLASHLIGHTS

Enlightened
Now I hope this helps you make up your mind. But they are all good lights. My favorite out of those 4 I listed would probably be the TK41. But the T40CS is one nice quality light as well. I like the M3X almost as much thought as the TK41 due to it's nice tint and long range throw capability. But the Crelant 7G5 first version is the best single XM-L thrower I have.

Last edited:

MT7

Newly Enlightened
Now I hope this helps you make up your mind. But they are all good lights. My favorite out of those 4 I listed would probably be the TK41. But the T40CS is one nice quality light as well. I like the M3X almost as much thought as the TK41 due to it's nice tint and long range throw capability. But the Crelant 7G5 first version is the best single XM-L thrower I have.

sorry,but I can not decide which flashlight is better thrower with this photos,because There is almost no difference between the beamshots,can you tell me in your opinion which flashlight is better thrower?
can you number the throw of this flashlights?-FENIX TK41, CRELANT 7G5V2, SUNWAYMAN T40CS, OLIGHT M3X TRITON (1-for the best thrower , 4-for the worst thrower)
can you number the build quality of this flashlights? (1-for the best , 4-for the worst)
which is the best flashlight for the money in your opinion?
thank you very much about all your help...

ILIKEFLASHLIGHTS

Enlightened
Your right there isn't a lot of difference between the M3X and the T40CS. And I may be wrong the T40CS may even win. But to my eyes the M3X from other shots I have taken seems to edge out the T40CS.

If your really wanting a thrower flashlight, then you might want to just get the Crelant 7G5 V2 and order the collimator head. But I can tell you from personal experience of owning a Dereelight that I prefer the throw and useful spill of a good XM-L anyday vs a laser beam thrower. But the 7G5 V2 with collimator head is got a hotspot about twice the size of the Derrelight. And selfbuilt has said it's one mean light if you read his review. Heck I may end up getting one eventually. But another option for you may just be the ThruNite TN31 XM-L thrower with the bigger diameter head. Reports on this light is that it is bad to the bone.

But getting back to your question on throw of the 4 mentioned. I don't have the Crelant 7G5 V2. Selfbuilt has said the sample he tested wasn't as bright as the original 7G5 he tested. But I know a guy that says his 7G5 V2 is brighter than his 7G5. So I can just go off of the Crelant 7G5 I have. And I can tell you it's my best single XM-L thrower. If I had to pick the second best thrower out of the next 3 you mentioned, I would have to pick the Olight M3X followed by the Sunwayman T40CS and then the Fenix TK41. Another light I will mention here that will actually out throw the TK41 is the FandyFire STL-V6 from Deal Xtreme for $45 shipped to your door. For the money, it's the best XM-L thrower I know of.

For overall quality of the 4 mentioned flashlights, it's hard to say between the Fenix TK41 vs the Sunwayman T40CS. But you seem to be wanting more of a thrower so with that I would steer you to get the Sunwayman T40CS. It definately will out throw the Fenix TK41. But if your wanting one of the best all around lights for modes and that takes AA alkalines/nimh which the latter is what I use, then the Fenix TK41 would be hard to top. The Crelant 7G5 seems to act up with mode flickering or not wanting to change modes. My first one did it and my 2nd one did it once on me. The Olight M3X is one heck a good light and the quality is very good, but I will admit the threads aren't as good or nice as the other 3 lights mentioned here.

Hope that answers your question.

If I was you, I myself would just spend a little more and buy the ThruNite TN31 and be probably happier.

Last edited:

ILIKEFLASHLIGHTS

Enlightened
And here's that FandyFire STL-V6 I mentioned above at 60yds with manual exposure, 1 sec shutter and f/4.5 and ISO 400.

DSCF3616Small.jpg

MT7

Newly Enlightened
Your right there isn't a lot of difference between the M3X and the T40CS. And I may be wrong the T40CS may even win. But to my eyes the M3X from other shots I have taken seems to edge out the T40CS.

If your really wanting a thrower flashlight, then you might want to just get the Crelant 7G5 V2 and order the collimator head. But I can tell you from personal experience of owning a Dereelight that I prefer the throw and useful spill of a good XM-L anyday vs a laser beam thrower. But the 7G5 V2 with collimator head is got a hotspot about twice the size of the Derrelight. And selfbuilt has said it's one mean light if you read his review. Heck I may end up getting one eventually. But another option for you may just be the ThruNite TN31 XM-L thrower with the bigger diameter head. Reports on this light is that it is bad to the bone.

But getting back to your question on throw of the 4 mentioned. I don't have the Crelant 7G5 V2. Selfbuilt has said the sample he tested wasn't as bright as the original 7G5 he tested. But I know a guy that says his 7G5 V2 is brighter than his 7G5. So I can just go off of the Crelant 7G5 I have. And I can tell you it's my best single XM-L thrower. If I had to pick the second best thrower out of the next 3 you mentioned, I would have to pick the Olight M3X followed by the Sunwayman T40CS and then the Fenix TK41. Another light I will mention here that will actually out throw the TK41 is the FandyFire STL-V6 from Deal Xtreme for $45 shipped to your door. For the money, it's the best XM-L thrower I know of.

For overall quality of the 4 mentioned flashlights, it's hard to say between the Fenix TK41 vs the Sunwayman T40CS. But you seem to be wanting more of a thrower so with that I would steer you to get the Sunwayman T40CS. It definately will out throw the Fenix TK41. But if your wanting one of the best all around lights for modes and that takes AA alkalines/nimh which the latter is what I use, then the Fenix TK41 would be hard to top. The Crelant 7G5 seems to act up with mode flickering or not wanting to change modes. My first one did it and my 2nd one did it once on me. The Olight M3X is one heck a good light and the quality is very good, but I will admit the threads aren't as good or nice as the other 3 lights mentioned here.

Hope that answers your question.

If I was you, I myself would just spend a little more and buy the ThruNite TN31 and be probably happier.

SO I'm think I will buy the T40CS,because the amazing throw,build quality,and UI.
thank you very much about all your help.
the Thrunite TN31 is really amazing,but It's cost 100$ more than the T40CS,and It's Significant difference for me.
are you know any other flashlight that better for my requirements (and with budget of 150$ max)? maybe there are other brands,that better for my requirements.
thanks advance.