*** Fenix User Group ***

wolfgaze

Enlightened
My Fenix lights:

E05 (2013 edition, x2)
E12 (x2)
LD12

I am very much considering ordering the PD32 2016 edition in the near future. Oh and if they ever update the LD12 I may be forced to get one of those as well...

I've been pleased with my Fenix lights. Only been a Customer for about 3 years or so (wasn't much into flashlights prior to that)

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fenix is the sales leader when it comes to Chinese made lights. Fenix has been in business longer than NC has. Fenix must sell over a million lights a year or close to it. NC would be second in sales. Ive got the 2016 PD32 on order and cannot wait for the 2016 TK32 XP-L HI it should set the bar again for mid size 60k CD+ throwers. Olight has come a very long way which is good to see.

PD35x4
PD32
TK35 2015 edition
TK15
TK75
UC35
TAC
E25UE
E22UE
TK22
TK16
UC40UE

seery

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just received my newest Fenix, a TK75 2015. This is from the latest production run and is absolutely beautiful.

The quality and attention to detail is outstanding. There is nothing to flaw on this light, not even if you try.

TK75-2015.jpg

Attachments

• TK75-2015.jpg
    TK75-2015.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:

Jeff E.

Newly Enlightened
I've got a few Fenix lights (a TK40 was my first "real" light), and just added the 2016 version of the E15 to the list tonight after I opened the little brown box left at my house :D My dad has the TK75 and the thing is amazing...well built, great reflector, beam, etc.

The former, 170 lumen E15 was one of my favorite lights, and it's still on my key ring. I actually decided on this new 2016v E15 over the much-acclaimed Olight S1. This amazing little E15 is smaller, with roughly the same output (without the 1.5 min turbo limitation), and a much sleeker form factor. For lack of a better term, I can't tell you how "cute" this little things is!! With the head being slightly larger than the body on this revision, is looks like a little baby flashlight....but with a lot of power!

I have an older Olight S10, and the switch started feeling weird after a while. I know they've upgraded the switches twice since then, but I'm just saying....
OL and NC make good lights (I also own an incredible Nitecore EA11, which I LOVE), but don't count Fenix out of the game. They seem to be continuing to work at design, innovation, and their quality hasn't wavered in the process.

-jeff

jkingrph

Newly Enlightened
The RC40 is an awesome light, but still uses 'older' XM-L leds and uses a battery pack. The TK75 2015 puts out more lumens and is way smaller.
Also, the TK75 has the option to add a extension tube to run 8x 18650 in total for extended runtime.

Since they change lumen out on a light and do not change model number it's really hard to compare by models. I have a TK 75 probably a couple of years old with a couple of battery extender packs. Run time is great. I just got a new RC40, 6000 lumen and charged it a few hours and since it is still daylight compared them in a dark room. The RC40 really lights things up, altho the TK75 is no slouch, and even with battery extenders seems handier, although I like the switches on the RC40 better.

ven

Flashaholic
Just received my newest Fenix, a TK75 2015. This is from the latest production run and is absolutely beautiful.

The quality and attention to detail is outstanding. There is nothing to flaw on this light, not even if you try.

View attachment 1814

When and if you get a little bored, ship to vinh for an xpl PDT and boost to 5000lm with drivervn2, 20 mode groups, 360-400kcd...............

Just a thought if that time does come, probably still *one* of the best all round lights available with all things considered imho

seery

Flashlight Enthusiast
When and if you get a little bored, ship to vinh for an xpl PDT and boost to 5000lm with drivervn2, 20 mode groups, 360-400kcd...............

Just a thought if that time does come, probably still *one* of the best all round lights available with all things considered imho

The more I read about all the great vinh lights, the harder it gets to resist sending one his way!

But the fact I've been able to resist is also a testament to just how awesome the stock TK75 2015 really is.

ven

Flashaholic
Fair play, when the time comes(if it does) you have that option there to freshen things up..........significantly as well.

I am a fan of the tk75, but do feel let down with the standard 2015 version as an upgrade...........could have been much more out of the box imo, instead of using the same LED's as the old version..........Thankfully vinh is there for what Fenix should be producing(well maybe not exactly like that, they could have fitted xpl HI leds though, with 5000k option). For me, xhp35 or xhp50,even MKR would have freshened the model up some and brought it inline(LED wise) with other manufacturers like thrunite / acebeam /nitecore etc

Parrot Quack

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ven? Which TK75vnQ is the way to go: floody or thrower?

Spec 2 or Spec 3?

I want the 14k out the front with 500k throw and according to an e-mail exchange with Vinh, that animal doesn't currently exist so I have to choose. Suggestions?

(I'm still waiting on the refund checks)

ven

Flashaholic
Ven? Which TK75vnQ is the way to go: floody or thrower?

Spec 2 or Spec 3?

I want the 14k out the front with 500k throw and according to an e-mail exchange with Vinh, that animal doesn't currently exist so I have to choose. Suggestions?

(I'm still waiting on the refund checks)

Does cost come into it, #2 is $320 and #3 is $500

#2 throws further with lots of flood at close to 400kcd and 5000 ish OTF lumes
#3 is now 16,000 OTF lumens due to carrier upgrade they all get(removes the polarity protection, so extra EXTRA care to be taken inserting cells!!!!!)

As i have throwers and flooders its a tough one, i chosethe Q70 over the Q for a couple of reasons. Near 200kcd is enough for me , flood is more useful over throw for me, i love the xhp70 leds!!! they are awesome!!!!

Carrier mod to aid current flow

4x xhp70

Heat treated and engraved bezel, just for personal touch.........love it

and strap attachment and use for tri pod attachment

Make sure which ever you get, get it engraved, just for that personal touch and being special its worth it( to me anyway)

Now generally and all things considered i would recommend the tk75vnQ as for the throw and good flood, awesome do it all light.

For a HUGE wall of light, then the Q70 version, if feeling flush and want 20,000lm+ then the Q77 with 7x xhp70 leds,however its "only" 11,000cd and $1000

If you want 6000+lm and 550+kcd, the x60vn is an option to check out, like a next step up in performance over the tk75vnQ...........not quite the build quality, still good,takes 6 cells over the 4(well unless you use run time kits with the TK!!!)

So what is your preference?

Poor beam pic as used phone so the brightness completely overwhelmed the phone and dims it down, not to mention poor conditions due to mist from the lake

TK75vnQ70

The phone just cant get the brightness, nor the flood.........trust me its bright flood!

If lumens matter, you like a wall of light, enough reach due to sheer output, amazing flood to light a field up,the Q70

If (5500lm is not to be sniffed at)lumens are not as important, adequate flood but a bright large hot spot with great throw is, then the Q version. Think tm16gt on steroids!

Bare in mind, example, nitecores lumen claim will be more than likely LED lumen(not 3500 OTF), vinhs are conservative (OTF) Out The Front lumens, can loose 20-30% from the LED lumens due to reflector/s/ and lens................

So 5500 OTF is maybe around 6500-7000 LED lumens!

Cant tell you which, just food for thought and if not happy with choice, vinh does offer money back or exchange.............he is awesome to deal with mr quack:)

Make sure drivervnx2, so you have the flexibility of various groups, be it starting in low, or with memory, 2 modes or 5 etc............enough to suit you!.Quick change on the fly, and in another group with different modes...............fantastic.

I like good do it all type lights as generally more useful than a pencil beam, or just pure flood. However its good to also have dedicated lights for each. Awesome flooder, and an awesome thrower...............

Loving the tn32UTvn at 400kcd+, pretty amazing and great build quality. Flood covered many times over as a preference, mm15vn,tn36vn,tk75vnq70,CQvn off top of head

Dont rule out the k60vn, amazing light,230kcd with one of the best beams imo, stunning, not to mention the great control ring UI!!!!

Wow thats some waffle:eek:
Edit- 110kcd now due to diffused domes, maybe similar to the tm16 but a lot brighter and far more flood
;)

Last edited:

Parrot Quack

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's some response. Thank-you for what you had to type and your effort posting beam shot images. That was very kind of you. I've been pouring over the post the last several hours as I read up on OTF lumens vs LED lumens while bit watching "North by Northwest." It was a good movie but it has the lamest ending. :p

I like the output of the X60vn and the price is doable but I'm currently suffering from information overload and I'm not sure which way to go. And yes, I do want a wall of light......but I also want a wall of light down range.

I'm envious as I can't eat waffles (Type 2 diabetes) so I have to get jacked up on morning caffeine. Mmmmmmm, sugar but of course, no sugar allowed. :mecry: Later today, I will kickback with pizza as today is "Superbowl Sunday." It's da law. One can't have "Superbowl Sunday" without pizza. And due to diabetes, no alcohol. :mecry:

My brain tells me, size-to-doughnuts, for my situation, the TK75vnQ is the Goldilocks flashlight. Personally, I want all three and I'm not kidding. :naughty:

Last edited:

ghostprepper

Newly Enlightened
Flashlights
Fenix EO5. 1/AAA
Fenix E12. 1 /AA
Fenix E25. 2 /AA
LD02. 1/AAA
LD11 1/AA
LD50 4/ 3V CR123A
What other carry size should I consider

ven

Flashaholic
No probs mr quack, depending on reflector type /lens etc you can expect to loose up to 30% of LED lumens. Of course this is a variable , some lights may loose 25%......etc

So 1000led lumens may be 700 ansi lm as an example .....

Parrot Quack

Flashlight Enthusiast
All I have to help with my decision are beam shots. Including your's, from all the beam shots that I've looked at, being phone camera shots, everybody tells how they under perform what the eyes see. And I can't forget how I'm being whipped around by LED lumens and OTF lumens.

My tending thoughts regard your comment for the TM16GT.....on steroids which, IIRC, is the unit that has the following specs: 5000K tint, Lumen 5500/5200, Lux 400K Max. Vinh's photo below.

20150819_170026_zpsphds5d1q_grande.jpg

ven

Flashaholic
Not sure on the photo if its a Q or a Q70(the xhp70 x 4). If it is as described in red and its a fiat lux which basically means near perfect tint/beam to body lining up with head perfect(cant be asked for, now and then a FL will come up in a sale, or someone lucky will end up with one without knowing due to their light..........being one!)

So led lumens are around 30%(no splitting hairs, just a rough % here, could be 25%, could be 35%) higher than OTF(out the front lumens). Now OTF is measured from a set distance(say 5m) and he has 2 readings, the 1st which on most lights is higher, the OTF lumen amount, the 2nd is to ansi standard and after 30 seconds(again usually this figure is lower with the odd exception).

Now vinh's measurements are conservative, example-5000lm could actually be 5500 OTF...........tbh its more than likely. He uses the figures more to keep a standard to all his lights are measured. So if one is 5000lm and the other is 8000lm, there will be a 3000lm difference still, its just in keeping with his light measurements. He measures a tk61vn to be lower than a tn32UTvn, yet his measurement for the tn32UTvn was around 500kcd ish...........(Justin measured the tk61vn at around 600ish + kcd off top of my head without searching exact figures.)

Its a larger light, the drivervnx2 really gives it an advantage for flexibility imo............

My advice is ponder more, if i lived near or even in the same country, i would be happy to ship a light/s for you to actually try out.

Vinh does offer a full refund if not happy, so rest assured on that part if disappointed you can return it..............this will be a rare occurrence but it does happen rarely. Most are very impressed..........

Wall of 14-16000 OTF which may not be too far off 20k led lumens
Lots of flood and around 500kcd he is getting now...............

Then tint, if you dont own any neutral or 5000k lights, i would recommend trying one, the rendition is really pleasing to the eye and you will more than likely end up getting more neutral lights in the future.............."more than likely" .

If you can, get heat treated bezel, maybe the engraving which is random on the bezel just to make a special light that bit extra special. All subjective and depends on taste of course, just a thought and recommendation from ven:thumbsup:

So experts can give a more exact science, but losses are due to reflectors(orange peel will effect more loss than smooth), then the lens type, how many wells.............all factors from getting LED lumens to actually ones we see which are the OTF lumens.

Manufacturers try and keep certain losses to a minimum by using (example) specific optics to allow 98% light through(example).

Sorry if not too clear, not always easy to explain:thinking: and try and keep simple to understand................. as i am simple:p

ven

Flashaholic
Phone pics up viking pro v2.5 like

k60vn at 230kcd

On Fenix track, same tree in back as the tk75vnQ70 and K60vn
Fenix tk61vn at 630kcd

tk50

This is pure flood from the x40vn triple quad at 5000 OTF

tk75vnQ70

All poor conditions due to lake/fog/mist which is mild but there.

From 50% to 70% to 100% on the tk75vnQ70 just appears as little bumps to the eye, but noticeable bumps if makes sense. They eyes are already adapted from say 7000lm, so even to 14,000 double the lm, it does not look twice as bright.............maybe to the eye 30% brighter if makes sense(so hard to explain :laughing: )