Fireflies E07 (1x21700, 7x 90+ CRI emitters)

UVray

Newly Enlightened
Fireflies is off to a quick start as a company. The ROT66 became an instant flashoholic's dream light come true, and is a favorite among many enthusiasts. They're currently rolling out their 1x21700 headlamp 4x optics light, the PL47. And now, they have a new toy on the block, the E07!

fZSF5oM.jpg

2NDIyoA.jpg

zNrq5U0.jpg

1x 21700 battery
7x emitters in front in 25 degree optics
aux leds on side-switch and head
Anduril UI
Fet+1 driver
112mm x 37.5mm x 26 mm
125 grams

LED choices:

Nichia 219B R9080 CRI >90
Luminus ST20 4000k CRI 95
Luminus SST20 5000k
Luminus SST20 6500k
Cree XPL HI 6500k (6900 lumens max)
Cree XPL HI 5000k

The E07 has evolved since its early prototype stages. Fireflies has added a solid 10mm thick chunk of aluminum behind its emitter board to help with heat absorption on turbo. The head now has more fins than before, with the largest being 6mm deep. The light gained 40 or so grams from its earliest prototyping. As a result, the light should handle the heat from turbo fairly well, but will still need to step down eventually.

Fireflies had 219C 5000k CRI >90 as an option from the E07's earliest stages, but that has since been replaced with the 219B R9080. Color temperature isn't given, so we don't know if it's the SW45k or SW40 or some other CCT. I'm assuming it's the same SW45K they're using in the ROT66.

Both the side switch and the head have purple aux LEDs! Very cool. There's so many great emitter choices, I can't just buy one. I'm loving the look of the gunmetal gray E07.

The silver version caught me! Definitely gonna order one now. I have the ROT66 and the high CRI version certainly is good.

UVray

Newly Enlightened
BLF comments suggest a lack of communication or no response at all. That troubles me somewhat. I hope you receive yours soon and you can post a review of sorts. Thanks in advance.

You can try contacting Jack Zhang on his Facebook page. I did have some communication issues with them too.

staticx57

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't think it's patronizing at all. I find the default ramp ceiling of Anduril on the ROT66 very useful, because it's the highest regulated output (125 of 150 stops, the full 7135x14), which is around 1400 lumens on the SST20 4000k model. Of course it can be adjusted to the full 150 of 150 stops, making for a ramp that is smooth all the way to the highest turbo output on full fet.

I do believe the E07 was designed with the flashing points on the cell side of the driver. This makes flashing new firmwares really simple and/or modifying existing easy to. Narsil>Anduril Anduril>Narsil modified Anduril etc

Lumenwolf

Enlightened
Love the look of these lights, anyone know what the specs are for throw on the 5000/6500k?

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got my Fireflies E07 XPL HI 4000K today.

This thing is BRIGHT! Similar output to a good pop-can light. A review on BLF put the output of this version at 6,200 lumens. But others on BLF have tested theirs and measured 7,000-8,000 lumens at turn-on with a fresh high discharge cell. Pretty amazing output for a relatively small light!

In total lumen output, my new E07 blows my ROT66 Nichia 219B out of the water in a ceiling bounce test.

justin.fischer.986

Newly Enlightened
Looks like a few members have figured out fixes, problems come down to 3 areas:

1) Fake 40Ts included with the light with much higher initial output than you expect
2) Poorly designed board that doesn't make solid contact with the head, members are shaving it down for heat transfer
3) No thermal paste at all

Combined, people are damaging their LEDs. Great idea for a light, poor execution. Here I hope Vinh comes to the rescue something these issues out.

Last edited by a moderator:

trailhunter

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got my Fireflies E07 XPL HI 4000K today.

This thing is BRIGHT! Similar output to a good pop-can light. A review on BLF put the output of this version at 6,200 lumens. But others on BLF have tested theirs and measured 7,000-8,000 lumens at turn-on with a fresh high discharge cell. Pretty amazing output for a relatively small light!

In total lumen output, my new E07 blows my ROT66 Nichia 219B out of the water in a ceiling bounce test.
No clicking sound for you?

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
No clicking sound for you?

My first E07 (yellow anodizing) arrived with the periodic clicking sound. The clicks happened more frequently if I ran the light in turbo. I opened the head, removed the star, filed the lower edges of the star, and reinstalled it with a fresh layer of thermal compound. I did this to prevent the LEDs overheating, but afterwards I noticed the clicking is completely gone.

My second E07 (clear anodizing) never made the clicking sound.

xevious

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks like a few members have figured out fixes, problems come down to 3 areas:

1) Fake 40Ts included with the light with much higher initial output than you expect
2) Poorly designed board that doesn't make solid contact with the head, members are shaving it down for heat transfer
3) No thermal paste at all

Combined, people are damaging their LEDs. Great idea for a light, poor execution. Here I hope Vinh comes to the rescue something these issues out.
I'm hoping with sufficient feedback from more customers having bought the E07 that some corrections will be made in a subsequent batch. Or release. However, I'm wondering about the availability of the 219B sw45 R9080 emitters. I understand Nichia has sold out on these and not making more. So... did Fireflies buy them in the thousands? Or are they being used up on the first production batch of the E07?

Rasher

Enlightened
I'm hoping with sufficient feedback from more customers having both the E07 that some corrections will be made in a subsequent batch. Or release. However, I'm wondering about the availability of the 219B sw45 R9080 emitters. I understand Nichia has sold out on these and not making more. So... did Fireflies by them in the thousands? Or are they being used up on the first production batch of the E07?
These are no longer available as an option on their store for any of their lights nor at the other big seller of the product, so they've likely run out of their stock.

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
On my 6500k XPL I got 8300 turn on with 30T & 40T but after a few days use I couldn't get passed 7300 lumens.
Yup. And it was precisely because of reports like this that I opened up my E07s and fixed the heatpath on the stars.

For my second E07 I barely even turned on the light before I fixed the heatpath to try to avoid any damage to the LEDs.

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
What thermal paste is being used?
No idea what thermal paste Fireflies is using in this light. In the early run E07s the paste is applied as an extremely thin layer onto the top of the shelf. Unfortunately, the star is fitted so close to the edges of the pill the bottom of the star does not actually touch the shelf except at the edge. Result is a very thin air gap.

Fireflies showed some pictures of what they've done to address this: A much thicker application of grey thermal paste. Again, not sure what kind but in the pictures it looks just like Arctic Silver 5. They definitely appear to be using enough thermal paste now to close the air gap so this should solve the problem.

An even better solution would be for Fireflies to modify the star to be 1 mm thinner on all sides. That would be sufficient for the star to sit completely flat and a thinner layer of thermal compound could be used.

trailhunter

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone know why only these three red leds are on?
a974dc8d37008284da4ca02548259404.jpg

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Nichia!

Banned
These are for battery check.. it means you have low battery

trailhunter

Flashlight Enthusiast
These are for battery check.. it means you have low battery
Ah ok, so I think I broke my e07, I dropped it in the toilet at 3am and it flashed and after drying, the light turns on but the aux leds dont turn on, only these red ones. Battery is fine in this case, that sucks.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk