Flashback to 2002 with the Surefire M560AB (M3T Weapon Light)

Polskadude

Newly Enlightened
First of all, let me introduce myself, my name is Maciek, I'm from Ontario Canada. I just joined a few days ago. While doing research on the Surefire M560AB/M3T, many links lead to this forum.
I would say I'm completely novice to flash lights. My first respectable flashlight purchase was a Surefire 6PX Tactical a few years ago. Works great, love it.

I recently got my hands on Surefire M560AB Weapons Light. It replaces the HK G36k handguard with a Surefire handguard with built in M3T weapon light, two 3 lumen guidance lights, Rocker on/off switch, and two momentary switches. No exposed wires or anything.

I was able to find the 2002 Surefire product catalog with the various models and the parts list for each. Unfortunately everything is discontinued.

A few questions that I could not find answers to:

Has anyone done a LED swap on the M3T? Which kit did you use, and are you happy with it?

What are my other options for whole head swaps, are there any modern LED lights that take 3x 123a batteries and just thread on to the body of the M3? Don't get me wrong, I love the giant 2.5" bezel, but just looking at options.

Does anyone know where I can get a FM27 lens cover for the Turbohead 2.5" Bezel head?

Best supplier for Surefire (or other brands if you recommend) 123a batteries. I have a few optics and flashlights that all take them. Those suckers aren't cheap.

Thanks in advance!

Here are some quick pictures, I still need to clean it and mount it on the rifle.

Polskadude

Newly Enlightened
After doing a bunch more searching and reading on another section of the forum, I have found answers for all my questions. I now realized I should have posted this in the Flashlight modding section.

Cheers,
Maciek

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Welcome to the site.

Normally there are more responses to quests like yours, but I suppose the folks who'd normally know the answer to your quest are on a forum hiatus or just busy with other things.