Flashlight for construction (Ironworkers)?

Marduke

Flashaholic
The LED MiniMags are not a good choice for rough use. The LED's are not soldered into place. One drop and they can unseat themselves and the light no longer works. Their switch has also proven to be quite unreliable compared to the older incan MiniMags.

The LED MiniMags are not a good choice for rough use. The LED's are not soldered into place. One drop and they can unseat themselves and the light no longer works.
Can you demonstrate this?

Their switch has also proven to be quite unreliable compared to the older incan MiniMags.
Do you have data?

Marduke

Flashaholic
Can you demonstrate this?

Do you have data?

Open one up and see for yourself. There is a rather lengthy thread which clearly shows how the Lux III which Mag uses has special long tabs which simply friction fit into sockets, and the LED pulls right out (which make a SSC P4 swap easy). There are also numerous threads around here detailing the long term unreliability of the LED MiniMag switch.

The 2xAA also has a nasty habit of going from being on, to cutting off at the snap of your fingers when it drops out of regulation. Absolutely no warning of low battery or a moon mode.

K Williams

Newly Enlightened
Don't spend TOO much on the flashlight.

Cuz' when ( not IF ) you drop it, and Lose It,

you don't wanna' suffer "flashlight financial grief".

:mecry:

_

Exactly... My price cap is $50...mabye $60. And I hope the cutting torch never touches the flashlight! I don't think any flashlight would survive an Oxy-Acytelene torch.

Thujone

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cant believe no one recommended the Ra Twisty... (Even though it obviously busts his budget)

Gunner12

Flashaholic
I was thinking, maybe 2 lower priced decent lights would work too.

So if one does get dropped or crushed, you'll have another one with you to replace the other one.