Flashlightreviews.com going away...

sylathnie

Enlightened
I too was brought to this site by flashlightreviews. :D
I'd be willing to send you a PP to send me a CD of the website for my own purposes. Send some credit where it is due. :thumbsup:

n4zov

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for providing that great site! It was one of the first (and best) sites I came across when I first became interested in flashlights. A great source of information.

jcs71

Newly Enlightened
Please keep the data! I still use that site today. It has too valuable of info to let go. Just think of the new flashaholics that are just starting, they need this site as well.

LouRoy

Enlightened
I for one would be prepared to BUY a CD/DVD version of the site.

Great idea. :wave:

Doug, you would be doing us a favor to make a CD available. We NEED that info :nana: and you could get some token return for your great effort over the years. Thanks for all the work!!

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
Doug, I hope you know how valauble your site has been to people like us over the years. Your site, was the first I found, and probably was more influential than any other single source for me when I first became truly interested in lights.

Thank you, for your work.

TOOCOOL

Enlightened
Definitely worth saving
lightbulb.gif

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yet another hosting offer here. I have more than enough space, and hopefully enough bandwidth - I have no idea what FR uses in a month.

I read every single review on FR in my early days. Every single one. :thanks:

Wyeast

Enlightened
Another :thumbsup: tossed to Doug. Flashlightreviews, CPF, and LEDMuseum were the holy trifecta of information for me in the early years of this *cough* obsession. lovecpf If it can be saved somehow, by all means I'm for it.

Lunal_Tic

Flashlight Enthusiast
HTTrack seems to work OK for copying the site but I can't get the JavaScript menu buttons so navigation is not as it should be. It may be a setting in HTTrack but I'm not as familiar with it as I'd like.

-LT

Toohotruk

Flashlight Enthusiast
I found CPF through FlashlightReviews.com as well...and I still go there for info, or just for the hell of it, at least once a week, often times more than that. I can still spend hours checking out the reviews, even though they're old lights that I will likely never own (and some I do own).

Thanks for all the effort put into the site Doug!!! :twothumbs

I too would be willing to send PayPal for a CD of the site... :poke:

NoFair

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great seeing you posting Doug. :thumbsup:

Your site has been a huge asset to everyone and still is for older lights. Still pop by to look at lights I'm considering modding:D

Thanks to JS for offering to host it.

I hope the people offering to buy it will produce something good.

Sverre

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
Doug,
I to want to thank you personally for all your great work like many others it was my first true source of info on flashlights. Your runtimes, size comparisons, likes and dislikes I believe paved the road to how to do a great flashlight review. I doubt if I would be such a flashaholic without it. I also found CPF through your site and continue to use it for referencing older lights. It will truly be missed. Its was one of those sites I visited almost everyday. Thankyou again and best of luck in whatever you do and I hope the info can be saved and live on forever.

LowBat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yup that was a great place. I was a frequent visitor and supporter up until the time you closed shop. I sort of miss those earlier years of flashlight development. About the only thing I still have from that time is a set of turboflares that I keep in my van.

Cuso

Flashlight Enthusiast
In a perfect world, someone trusted should take over the site and keep putting flashlights in there, but that's just me daydreaming...:cool: Hell can you imagine Self-built reviews integrated in there..more daydreaming..

mon90ey

Newly Enlightened
:awman: I think that is an absolutely outstanding idea, selfbuilt picking up where Doug left off. I hope someone can keep it going. If it weren't for Doug's site, I never would have found CPF (well maybe not "never" but it would have taken me 3 or 4 times as long to get here). I still go there often. As a matter of fact, I was there last weekend looking up something on one of the old Fenix lights. A CD would be great, also. I'd sure buy one if it was available. It's just too much valuable information to let dissappear, way too valuable.Thank you, Doug, for your dedication and perserverance toward this wonderful hobby, and good luck with all of your future adventures. I'll be watching the outcome of this one very closely. We all owe you a debt of gratitude.
:goodjob: :thanks:

BigBluefish

Flashlight Enthusiast
I also used Doug's site as my intro to lights and then found my way to CPF. The amount of information there is incredible and still usefull and it really should be saved, at least, and hopefully, kept alive as a site and updated.

I really can't say enough good things about that site, it's just great.:thumbsup:

I'll also put in a plug for having selfbuilt contribute his material and update the site...that would be fantastic!

Quickbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for all your comments everyone. Sorry I don't have time to respond to them individually.

UPDATE FYI -

The site is down - I'm playing with the DNS system to get FLR running as a subdomain of my other domain. This involves changing the hosting account name to the other domain, changing the DNS for both domains so the secondary becomes the primary, yadda, yadda, yadda.

With any luck it'll all be up again in a few hours, and all the content will still be accessable.

Doug P.