FlashlightReviews.com Web Site Semi-Retired

PAB

Enlightened
I may not know where I am, but I'm not lost
FlashInThePan said:
I'd like to start a lil' trend here, so....donation sent to FR.com's "tip jar."

Folks, stop by Doug's site and give a little sumthin'. Let's show him how much his site really meant to us. =)

Just imagine Doug waking up to 20 or 30 new $5 donations every day for the next week....

Doug: Your site was, and is, incredible; it's the first place I check when I'm considering a new light, and the last word in flashlight reviews. You have far more admirers than naysayers, even if the naysayers do tend to yell a bit louder. Thanks for everything you've done. If you ever need anything - and I do mean anything - send me a PM. I'll be happy to help out someone who's done so much to help out the flashlight community.

Have a nice break. (I just can't believe it's permanent yet). =)

- FITP
Good idea. I like it. A little something went out in the mail from me today. :grin2: I hope that after a suitable vacation he can regain his passion for doing reviews. Not counting on it though. Family is more important. Oh and the job too of course.

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh, no!! Say it ain't so! I have come to depend on your site and have visited it, oh, say, around three thousand times!!

:awman:

lrp

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have really used your site and it helped me greatly in purchasing some nice lights! Thanks Doug for your hard work and I don't blame you at all and I wish you all the success in the world at whatever you choose to do!!

tron3

Banned
I didn't read the entire thread so I don't know if it has been suggested.

Have you considered letting other members here write the review?

Many here already buy the flashlight before you review it, and might also take the beam pics.

That just leaves you to do the run-time charts. Just a suggestion.

But you do have my sincere thanks for all the work you have done.

mcmc

Flashlight Enthusiast
doug, i hate you - your website is the reason i started this addiction =D just kidding. thanks so much for all your work! it was valuable so i didn't waste money, several times. glad you are taking time for what is more important.

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yep.... your site helped give me a solid foundation in understanding fine lighting instruments, and how to evaluate them ..... and in turn led me to CPF. Thanks ... and best wishes for a wonderful new year!

loneranger

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for all your hard work. I completely understand your decision and wish you the best in your future endeavors.

Spordin

Enlightened
I was reading your site long before I joined CPF. Since then, I've seen FLR recommended on lots of other forums. You are a pioneer and will be sorely missed. Heartfelt thanks for your valuable insights.

specialk

Newly Enlightened
thx for all the great reviews, it helped me buy more than 80% of the lights in my collection.

best regards specialk

Last edited:

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
You deserve the break, but you WILL be missed. I have since I discovered your site last year not bought a light until you have reviewed it and I find out if it fits my needs. I have sent many many people to your site and I am glad it will stay up for the time being. Perhaps someone can take up the torch as it were, we shall see.

We all do understand though, family matters and life come first, always, which is how it should be.

MarNav1

Flashlight Enthusiast
:goodjob: Thank's Doug for all you've done for us! You will be MISSED!:goodjob:

vortechs

Enlightened
Thanks for all the work you've done. Your website was one of the first I found when I was originally searching for info (about the same time I found CPF). I've enjoyed reading your reviews and often used them in my purchasing decisions.

Best wishes! :goodjob:

paulr

Flashaholic
For all the occasional differences of opinion I've had with Doug over the years, FLR is a valuable site that I've referred to many many times. Taking a break is a great way to recover from stress and burnout and I hope Doug enjoys the time away from FLR and returns to it when he feels refreshed.

Protector

Newly Enlightened
Doug, thanks for all the extroadinary work and time you spent to help educate the masses. The link on your page is how I found this forum. Enjoy your newfound freedom.
Thanks.

Hellbore

Enlightened
Doug your website got me into LED flashlights! I stumbled upon it while surfing around one day, and I have had this damn obsession ever since. CURSE YOU! :D

Hellbore

Enlightened
The_LED_Museum said:
You can probably CURSE ME! :D too ;) - it was my website that got Doug to start his. :twothumbs:

That's funny, the same day I stumbled upon Doug's site, I also found your site. I have spent many hours (when I was supposed to be working) reading about all the different LED's on there. My decreased productivity probably cost me all kinds of promotions. CURSE YOU!

And to think, all of this started innocently enough... I got online looking for LED's to put in my computer case to jazz it up for lan parties. I can't remember exactly how it went down but I found superbrightleds.com and ordered LEDs from them, was amazed how much brighter they were than my computer's existing LEDs, looked around for more info, found Doug's site and yours... And the rest reads like a Greek tragedy! :D

I don't remember which one of you is responsible for me finding CPF but that was probably the biggest blow to my productivity since now I find I must obsessively check the forums morning noon and night, and again right before going to sleep :S

Last edited:

bitslammer

Enlightened
+1 to all those who you've helped spend their $$ in a wiser, more informed way. Like any good movie critic I gained an understanding as to how your ratings, and my own tastes compared, which meant I never bought a light and ended up with unexpected suprises.

The orginisation and layout of your site is stellar. Major companies have far more confusing, cluttered, and disorganised websites. It was a pleasure to spend hour upon hour there just browsing through all of that information.

Thanks again and enjoy your time.

Last edited: