Flood light - Thrunite Neutron 2A Neutral white/Zebralight q50

Harry999

Enlightened
Harry999, please report back on your new Neutron. Mine new one had a different reflector than my older Neutron which made the previously great flood beam horrible in the new model. I also had the "moonlight mode bug" in this new 1A cool tinted Neutron and it had a wobbly head. 3 strikes and your out. I'll never order another one. (see my thread link in my post above to see the the new Neutron reflector).

tre

Just to confirm the Neutron 2AA Cool I received today was old stock and has that beautiful flood beam with a pure white tint. I am very happy with it. It goes into storage just in case anything happens to my other four...:)

By the way I mentioned the buggy UI with the Neutral version of the Neutron to my local supplier. He commented that I should try to clean the threads and contacts in case some non conductive lube had seeped into the circuit. I used Isopropyl Alcohol followed by Deoxit and the some Nyogel. This has significantly decreased the frequency of the moonlight mode disappearing when you loosen the head. It gives me hope the UI quality will improve with time. ;)

ildiopantofola

Newly Enlightened
mmm easy question, is the neutron 2a able to work without the lens/reflector (~candle mode)? I guess not right?

ildiopantofola

Newly Enlightened
ah, does anybody know if the bad reflector issue involve all the models or maybe the Neutron 2A from goinggear could be "safe"?

thanksss

Tiggercat

Enlightened
ah, does anybody know if the bad reflector issue involve all the models or maybe the Neutron 2A from goinggear could be "safe"?

thanksss

Going Gear has not ordered any ThruNite recently, and the 2A I got from them last month was perfect. You can always ask them to check for you. If all else fails, I might be convince to go by, but I probably won't be able to leave without a 1C. :shakehead

ildiopantofola

Newly Enlightened
:( I've just checked, I thought they have some neutral ones but they don't. :( is this 2a neutral unobtainable? :(

Tiggercat

Enlightened
Oops - sorry. Just re-read the thread and realized you were talking 2A Neutral. That would be the one I bought...and it was their last one.

ildiopantofola

Newly Enlightened
Oops - sorry. Just re-read the thread and realized you were talking 2A Neutral. That would be the one I bought...and it was their last one.
:( so it was ok... unlucky me ... :( do you need all the fourth you have ? can you sell me one ? :D

ildiopantofola

Newly Enlightened
yep I know, but I need the neutral one for photography... uff anyway thank you all for your help! :)

Latest posts