• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS: M6-R LVR3I PWM regulators -- good for WA1111, MN21, SL 35X LA, etc.

AuroraLite

Enlightened
Hi, Jim.

Been crazy about regulated incan, and this is just too tempting to pass up...:paypal: for 2 LVR and GPM. Thanks for making this avialible to us! :)

Last edited:

js

Flashlight Enthusiast
AuroraLite,

Your LVR's will go out today (Tuesday) via UPS GPM. I will probably be refunding you some money since I think you overpaid, even considering the money for extra shipping.

Thanks for your order and sorry it didn't go out today.

js

Flashlight Enthusiast
BTT.

There are still a handful of these left for sale (5 or 6, IIRC). The next four regulators will get a free 9 cell GP1100 9s, 3x3 configuration pack. In other words, an M6-R pack kit, minus the connectors and endcaps and wires. These GP1100's lost some capacity due to sitting around too long, and are now GP950's. They might possibly get back to 1050-1100 like they were when new, with 20 or 30 cycles--or they might not. But either way, they still hold great voltage under load. You should get 16 or so minutes of MN21 HOLA runtime with these packs.

The only catch is that I will be charging $5 for shipping if your order has one pack, and $3 extra (or $8 total) for two or more packs. Other than that, you get a free, fully assembled and electrically wired up, 9 cell 2/3A NiMH pack.

I only have four of these, and they will go to the next four buyers (or fewer) who are interested. I have no problem selling all four to one person, or three or two, etc., just so long as there is one regulator sold per pack sold.

TheSteve

Newly Enlightened
So tempting, I could build a few...

Can't help but wonder if we hold off a little longer if maybe you'll include a free M6 as well :):):)

js

Flashlight Enthusiast
A free M6, eh? Not bloody likely!

No. I would have had these packs offered from the get go, but I didn't think of it because they were "bad". But then I realized that they are really only just not as high a capacity as they were when new, but otherwise are still good. So I thought I'd offer them with the regulators.

If no one ends up buying anymore regulators, or no one who wants these, then anyone who has already purchased regulators can jump in and grab them for the shipping cost. But, I figure that those who bought regulators from me already had their own packs made up one way or another and so wouldn't need these.

wquiles

Flashaholic
js said:
BTT.

There are still a handful of these left for sale (5 or 6, IIRC). The next four regulators will get a free 9 cell GP1100 9s, 3x3 configuration pack. In other words, an M6-R pack kit, minus the connectors and endcaps and wires. These GP1100's lost some capacity due to sitting around too long, and are now GP950's. They might possibly get back to 1050-1100 like they were when new, with 20 or 30 cycles--or they might not. But either way, they still hold great voltage under load. You should get 16 or so minutes of MN21 HOLA runtime with these packs.

The only catch is that I will be charging $5 for shipping if your order has one pack, and $3 extra (or $8 total) for two or more packs. Other than that, you get a free, fully assembled and electrically wired up, 9 cell 2/3A NiMH pack.

I only have four of these, and they will go to the next four buyers (or fewer) who are interested. I have no problem selling all four to one person, or three or two, etc., just so long as there is one regulator sold per pack sold.
Jim,

I will buy two of them, with the "extras" ;) . CASH Paypal ready - what would be my total?

Will

js

Flashlight Enthusiast
Will,

$65 for the two regulators, plus $8 shipping = $73 total. No worries on PayPal fees. I'm covering them on this one. Just happy that people are interested in these regulators and that I won't get stuck with $700+ worth of them sitting on my shelf unused.

Josey,

Got it. I'll get them out to you shortly! Have a mod project in mind for these? Oh, and you should know that I will be starting on that special mod of yours sometime this weekend--as soon as I take care of a couple other commitments first.

js

Flashlight Enthusiast
Josey,

From the total on your PayPal to me, I am assuming that you want the GP1100 9 cell packs with the regulators, right? Let me know ASAP if I am wrong in this assumption, otherwise you will get them whether you want them or not. :devil:

And Will, I should have explicitly mentioned that the total I gave you included the cost of shipping for two GP1100 packs. I assume that's what you meant by "the extras". :) :D

Josey

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, Jim, thanks. Double thanks, actually. I've been messing around with some ideas for a 6C Mag. But when I need serious, dependable light, I always turn to one of yours. --Josey

wquiles

Flashaholic
js said:
And Will, I should have explicitly mentioned that the total I gave you included the cost of shipping for two GP1100 packs. I assume that's what you meant by "the extras". :) :D

Yes - thanks ;)

:paypal:

for $73 :D

Will

moraino

Enlightened
Woops, I missed the freebie. :)

Jim, I wanted a LVR in my Mag 8AA in 2D with WA0160 but never pursuit that project. I am OK with that level of brightness.

I am wondering if your LVR31 will fit inside the head of Mag 2D with 8AA inside. Do you have one more available if it works. I also need a WA1111 from you if available. Thanks.

-Henry

js

Flashlight Enthusiast
moraino,

I don't think so. Not unless you modified the switch/pedestal assy somehow. But possibly. Tell you what, let me check out the situation out this evening and post back here. I have a D sized Mag and I obviously have the regulators. I'll look into it.

js

Flashlight Enthusiast
I do indeed have at least two left--but no more battery packs. So cost will be $65 + shipping (since it's international). Specify what sort of shipping you want and how much money you have included for it. If you are off by $1 or $2 no problem, I can cover it, but more than that and I will go to the next cheaper USPS service. These weigh almost nothing, and I will send them in a padded manilla envelope. Not sure how many oz. it all comes to, but not many. GPM for this package would probably be about $9, IIRC.

Lurveleven

Flashlight Enthusiast
PP sent, I cannot believe these were not sold out before.
I'm going to upgrade some old Silva headlamps with these + WA1111 and WA1336 bulbs (these headlamps use two bulbs at the same time).

Sigbjoern

js

Flashlight Enthusiast
wquiles, Josey, and Lurveleven,

Your orders went out priority mail/GPM today.

Josey, I don't know how I missed it, but I actually didn't have four 9 cell packs, but rather three 9 cells, and one 6 cell pack. So, I sent you one 9 cell and one 6 cell and a 375 lumen TL LA to boot. The 6 cell pack is made from the legendary Sanyo HR-4/5AUP 1700 mAh NiMH, which is great for direct driving an 1111 or TL LA or 1274, but not compatible with the LVR's I sold you. So . . . I will be sending you a 9 cell pack at some point in the future, free of charge. Let me know if you have any time constraints or dead-lines for receipt of this 2nd 9 cell pack. And let me know if you want a 9 cell pack made from something other than 2/3A cells, like a mondo-sized 9 4/5A 3x3 pack. (i.e. imagine a 6 cell TL pack, now add three more onto the end! hehe).

And enjoy the 375 lumen LA. It's not as powerful as the WA1111 LA of mine which you have, but it's still pretty sweet.

moraino,

I think that practically speaking an LVR3I is a no-go inside the Mag head. Not enough room. However, if you were willing to grind metal and modify the switch core/pedestal assy, you could make it fit. But it just wouldn't be worth it. Check out AWR's PIR instead.

Everyone,

OK. So at this point. I'm thinking that these are pretty much sold out. I will keep this offer open for ONE, or maybe TWO more regulators, if they are ordered by the time I check this thread Monday morning.

Josey

Flashlight Enthusiast
Geez, Jim, your talent is exceeded only by your generosity. The 9-cell and 6-cell packs will be fine by themselves. It was super nice of you to add the new TL LA.

I've finally gotten to the point where I can do some experimenting with different batteries and bulbs and, now, even regulators. Your TL-11 got me into this. Up to that point, the stock TL was the brightest light I had. So I was kind of dumb-struck when I fired up the TL-11. Now I'm having a great time trying out all the different ways lights can be built.

Thanks for getting me started and for breathing so much life into CPF.

Josey

moraino

Enlightened
Thanks Jim for trying. I really appreciate it.

I will be watching you masters for the new development. Good job. :rock:

By the way, I am only looking for a WA1160 regulated long burning light, about at least 90 min. It will come, I believe.

-Henry