• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS: M6-R LVR3I PWM regulators -- good for WA1111, MN21, SL 35X LA, etc.

js

Flashlight Enthusiast
Glow Bug,

Got it. It will go out today.

OK. That's it then. I am closing this thread.

Thanks very much everyone!

wquiles

Flashaholic
Jim,

Got my package today. Outstanding job in the cells/pack - awesome attention to detail :bow:

Thanks for your generosity in making these available to us :)

Will

wquiles

Flashaholic
Jim,

One technical question: You have always stated that the 6.8V setting is for the MN21 and for the MN11 (edit: I should have said MN16). You don't recommend the MN20 nor the MN16 (edit: I should have said MN11), nor the N2, all of which are "9-volt" bulbs. Since there is a soft-start here, and since the equivalent voltage is "set" at 6.8v, what harm could possibly come from running the other 9-volt rated lamps?

Will

Last edited:

js

Flashlight Enthusiast
Will,

You've got this wrong! I said that the MN21 runs at 6.8 volts. And the MN16 (M3T HOLA) also. And the MN11 (M3 HOLA). In other words, and of the "9 volt" HOLA lamps pretty much run at close to 6.8 volts. So, the P91 would be a 6.8 volts lamps as well, presumably.

Now, the 9 volt LOLA's, which would include the MN20, MN10, MN15, and N2, all run at HIGHER than 6.8 volts. Not sure what the exact voltage at good drive-level is, but it is noticeably HIGHER than the 9 volt HOLA's.

So, the LVR3I, set for 6.8 volts DC-equivalent, will UNDER-drive these lamps--whcih is perfectly safe, but less than stellar in terms of whiteness.

Clear?

js

Flashlight Enthusiast
You're very welcome! Sorry if I came across as rude.

Also, thanks very much for your kind words about those 9 cell packs I made. They are as good as I could make them, so I'm happy you were pleased! The individual stacks were end-to-end soldered, then wrapped in 2 mil thick Kapton tape (2 mils kapton, 1.5 mils adhesive), then glued together using high performance silicone RTV, then electrically wired together with 11 amp tinned copper braid, with extra kapton tape underneath any cross-over points.

I've actually drop-tested this style of construction, and I didn't break any joints with drops from chest height onto wood flooring. However, that doesn't mean it can't happen, and also says nothing about drops onto concrete, or from a greater height.

Anyway, what you have is the heart of an M6-R. That pack forms the body of the M6-R. The LVR is the brains.

OK. I'm starting to wax poetic so I'll cut myself off.

wquiles

Flashaholic
No worries Jim. I have some N2's and wanted to do some bench testing, so wanted to have an idea about what to expect.

Thanks again :bow:

Will

js

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK.

Last time I posted this I had left three LVR's out of the count, and so had three more spares than I had at first figured. Then I decided that I really didn't want to make two M6-R packs for special/CPF benefit auction. So that means I have FIVE of these LVR's for sale. I also dropped the price by $5. So $30 for first, and $25 for each one after that going to the same address/same order.

More details and pics in the first post of this thread.

vacuum3d

Enlightened
Hi Jim,
I've recently acquired a M6. I'm interested in one of these. I'll send PP later tonight.

thx,
ernest

js

Flashlight Enthusiast
ernest,

Yes. Of course. LVR3I = circuit board + remote mounte FET. Exactly what I used to make the M6-R's. I'll mail out your regulator tomorrow. Thanks!

js

Flashlight Enthusiast
ernest and Carlos, your LVR's went out today via first class mail, in manilla padded envelopes. The LVR board and FET are inside static-proof plastic bags inside, and the FET leads are all stuck in a bit of conductive foam for extra ESD protection. I have never had a problem destroying these boards and FETs with static electricity, but then again, except for my very first one, I have always worn a grounding strap when handling these, and my soldering station is ESD safe. Definitely avoid cellophane tape and other things that make static--like a plastic chair, for example.

OK. So I still have two or three more of these available.

cnjl3

Enlightened
Just wanted to let you know that I received the goods.
I can't believe that i am so close to getting a regulated M6 battery pack.
Thanks for the prompt shipping.
grinser2.gif

js

Flashlight Enthusiast
Chuck,

Got the PayPal. Will send them out today or tomorrow via first class mail.

Everyone:

OK. I'm closing the thread again. I've only sold four, and I had talked about having five for sale, but I have decided I want one extra spare just in case I do decide to make an M6-R for a CPF benefit auction or just to have around as an extra spare.

Thanks very much everyone for your interest!

Dai-Bach

Newly Enlightened
Hi, looks like I just missed this deal !:thumbsdow

If there are any more in the future I'm definately up for a couple.

Is there anywhere else I can source some???

Cheers

Dai