• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS:MagHid 8AA - Shipping, PICS/ Video!!!!

Waterfish

Newly Enlightened
BULBS AND BALLASTS ARE IN!

Got in 10 ballasts, 20 bulbs.

4/10 lights are spoken for, and I have spare bulbs if any previous magHID peoples want some. Thanks for the preorders!

Lunarmodule

Enlightened
:sold: I'll take three bulbs, please!

One of my LC100s has been dark for a LONG time thanks to my procrastination skills, it'll be so nice to light it up again and have a pair of spares this time! I've got maybe 50 or so full battery cycles on my MagHID so far and no change in brightness at all. I dont recall the rating but it was in the neighborhood of four figures of hours, so the spares should be nice and dusty by the time I need them.

I'm excited about the new stippled reflectors from Carley being offered by Litho123 and Light Edge, they should be great for the MagHID for close up and midrange use. Have to make sure the bulb opening is sufficient. I've got a LOP camless setup in mine. Can you refresh my memory as to the source of this "stock" reflector, was it Modamag?

Email me for Paypal address and I will send promptly.

Mahalos and Aloha Jerry!

Steve ;)

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Waterfish said:
Do the holders have the same effect for AA rechargeables? I have heard about the rechargeable CR123's having a few more issues than rechargeable AA's.

I'm unsure if modamag is using a new design, but I'll have Raymond shoot him an email addressing any issues. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

I forgot you where using AA's :) You won't have to worry about the CR123 issues but still the circuit does draw current. I have one of Modamags regulated CR123 holders and the boost circuit does draw current at all times. I didn't realize this at first and left a set of new CR123's in one of Mini-HID's, 3-4 days later they barley lit the lamp. There just like Georges Nflex, D2DIM type boards. They have a sleep mode but still draw current when not in use so the battery's must be removed from the circuit.....and if that circuit is incorperated into the holder then the batteries have to be removed from the holder.

Mac

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
cmacclel said:
I forgot you where using AA's :) You won't have to worry about the CR123 issues but still the circuit does draw current. I have one of Modamags regulated CR123 holders and the boost circuit does draw current at all times. I didn't realize this at first and left a set of new CR123's in one of Mini-HID's, 3-4 days later they barley lit the lamp. There just like Georges Nflex, D2DIM type boards. They have a sleep mode but still draw current when not in use so the battery's must be removed from the circuit.....and if that circuit is incorperated into the holder then the batteries have to be removed from the holder.

Mac

Mac do i need to take out my batts in between uses?

PS sorry to be OT

Waterfish

Newly Enlightened
Just to clear up any worries that people are getting, the non regulated battery carrier that is included with the magHID right now do NOT drain and run out when not in use.

The batteries will only drain with the light off with the REGULATED BATTERY CARRIER, which is not yet available.

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Waterfish said:
Just to clear up any worries that people are getting, the non regulated battery carrier that is included with the magHID right now do NOT drain and run out when not in use.

The batteries will only drain with the light off with the REGULATED BATTERY CARRIER, which is not yet available.

Sorry about that Waterfish. I answered that question a few times also. I thought I was clear on my description :)

Mac

Waterfish

Newly Enlightened
We have a few spare bulbs for $55.

We wont be selling any ballasts however because we need them for the lights.

celler

Newly Enlightened
This is one HOT light. Thanks waterfish. Expertly packed. Fine workmanship. This is the stealthiest HID I have ever seen.

Craig.

Waterfish

Newly Enlightened
Brett, we may or we may not have them in two weeks. You can however, place a non-refundable preorder deposit for $20 and we'll start working on the light and ship it out when the balance is in.

Craig, I'm glad to hear that you really like it!

I ordered 10 ballasts for this run. There are now 5 remaining as of right now.

AlanH

Enlightened
CHC said:
Hello AlanH!

You're going to really like this one when you get it. Seeing it is something, that's why there's a fascination with this thing. That Streak of Beam through the night sky is awesome. And I'm talking about a HID light for its size and not in comparison with other HID such as Acro X990 or Costco/HF/ChicagoEPT HIDs now. . .

Enjoy When You Get It!

Well, I finally got it, thanks guys ! It is AWESOME ! Pocket sized powerhouse.

It seems to go on forever. A few questions though,

When it's on, if I touch the tailswitch, even slightly, on purpose or inadvertantly, it goes off, how long am I supposed to leave it before I turn it on again ?

What is the approx runtime when loaded with it's 8 x 2300 AA's ? Using it in ten minute bursts.

I notice that Lunarmodule, Steve, needed some spare LA's, can I also order a couple as it would be a shame not to have this working.

I shot a fox last night,, squeaking it in from around 1/2 mile (I know how far away a wood is from a given point), used the Lightforce to pick it's eyes up, Took it at 311 good sized paces, lit up like day through the scope, by the HID ! I think you may have a few more orders from Gamekeepers over here, they cannot believe the pinpoint accuracy and incredible power of this thing. Given that a good lightforce light is around £80 - £150 ($150 - $300), they seem ok with the price point. Am doing a demo later this week.

Well done Waterfish & ufokillerz. I am VERY Happy. (As always Steve, great sound advice, what do I need next !!!)

Alan

Last edited:

Litbobber

Enlightened
Hi waterfish
Would like to know if you could send a pm with your mailing address so
I could send you out a money order for a maghid 8AA. I do not have a
paypal account set up as of now.

This money order will be mailed out on thursday of this week.
Hope you can hold one of these for me, also in your pm please include
total price and color options.

Thanks much
brett

editedby

Newly Enlightened
got my light over a week ago ... lots of fun and can't get over how small it is - especially when I lite it up :rock:

The workmanship is firstrate plus Waterfish and UFOKillerz are a pleasure to deal with.

CLHC

Flashaholic
AlanH said:
. . .if I touch the tailswitch, even slightly, on purpose or inadvertantly, it goes off, how long am I supposed to leave it before I turn it on again?

That also happens to mine too. You can turn it on straight away if you wish, but I don't make this a habit. I've learned to be cognizant of the "sensitivity" of the tailcap switch.

AlanH said:
What is the approx runtime when loaded with it's 8 x 2300 AA's ? Using it in ten minute bursts.

Don't know about using it in 10 minute burst. I am using DURACELL/Energizer 2500mAhs and they run on continuous for ~90 (+/-5) minutes. I get similar results with alkalines also.

By the way! Congratulations on your acquisition Alan!

Enjoy!

AlanH

Enlightened
CHC said:
That also happens to mine too. You can turn it on straight away if you wish, but I don't make this a habit. I've learned to be cognizant of the "sensitivity" of the tailcap switch.

Don't know about using it in 10 minute burst. I am using DURACELL/Energizer 2500mAhs and they run on continuous for ~90 (+/-5) minutes. I get similar results with alkalines also.

By the way! Congratulations on your acquisition Alan!

Enjoy!

I am going to enjoy this a lot. So handy having all this power in the pocket of my coat. Am V happy with this R/T, around 90 min is WOW for me, means charging only once a week.

Yet another toy ! Cool.

Tks

Alan

Waterfish

Newly Enlightened
I'm pretty sure they can run longer than that. People have been getting over 2 hours. I'll take my own light and see how it does with the sanyo 2100mah batteries in there.