GatLight V3 - Carbon Fiber / Titanium with Cree XR-E

Status
Not open for further replies.

x923x

Newly Enlightened
"Your Order has Shipped!" My email shipping confirmation just came in 5 minutes ago! WOOOOOHOOOO!!!!!!

x923x

Newly Enlightened
Hey, could you guys posting that your order shipped, please tell us when you ordered? Thanks

heh, kinda weird...I just checked and it looks like I placed my order exactly 3 months ago today on 4/25/07.

hoppy1010

Newly Enlightened
Mine just came also Your order has shipped:clap:.
Ordered mine 2/27/07. These are going to be sweet.

mobile1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi guys, here is how the fulfillment works. We ship the lights to the shipping/fulfillment company. They have all orders listed in the order they were placed. Now since we shipped them only Titanium units so far means they only fulfill Titanium orders. So if you ordered an Tuxedo and a Titanium your order waits until the warehouse gets a Tuxedo unit.

Than there are the serial number requests which adds some complexity too since the warehouse gets the lights randomly. They look at an order than try to come as close to a serial no request as possible, looking at the serial numbers they have in stock - I talked to the fulfillment lady today who mentioned that she might also wait to ship an order until she gets a certain serial number - unless it takes too long... And than there are other variables that influence shipping order, such as their internal system, the area where you live and carrier/method of shipping you chose... The general concept however is the order in which the orders were placed.

Looking at the system of what got shipped shows that generally its in the order it was placed, however there are a couple orders that haven't shipped yet - even though its for TI units - and I am sure there are some valid reasons for that - just give it 4-5 more workdays and your TI unit will get shipped.

Using a fulfillment company allows us to ship the lights out the fastest to you guys as soon as they are produced. The time between when the first Titanium order is shipped and the last one should not be longer than a week - if you ordered a Tux unit as well it would go with when those are available.

Than to the question that was asked, when ordering a TI unit now:
If you order a Titanium this week it will be shipped by next week. I am picking up the remaining Titanium units this coming Friday, than ship it out to the warehouse probably the same day or Monday, meaning it will ship 2-3 days afterwards. Than the Tuxedo units will be produced and shipped next.
We raised the prices a little bit too, since it wouldn't be fair to those who ordered and paid for a TI light 3 months ago that they get it almost at the same time than someone who ordered it now. After all it is the prepay that made this unique light a reality!

Anyway so hang in there... by the way in a day or two a bunch more TI lights will ship... followed by as mentioned all the remaining ones this coming week.

hivoltage

Enlightened
Hmmm....I ordered mine on the 27th...the first day and only a Ti unit. Sitting here tapping my finger waiting on an email:whistle: Maybe my email is broke, better test it. :crackup:

Argent60

Newly Enlightened
:party: Got my confirmation. "Estimated delivery date - July 27th".

OH BABY!

Argent60

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mmmmm hmmmmm....
thats what I like th hear. "Unfortunately" for me I ordered a Tuxedo, so I have a bit longer to wait. But I think that maybe I can see the "light" at the end of the tunnel now!
:p

mobile1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hivoltage there are about 25 people who ordered ahead of you, but a couple orders who ordered later got already shipped. A reason for that could be that someone later requested a specific serial number (no one else requested) which happened to be in the first batch that got sent. This first round we sent to the warehouse had a couple of very low numbers and a couple of higher ones.
At the end it's a question of priority, shall we ship to best fulfill the serial number requests or to ship the first orders first. I told the warehouse now to try to ship first come first serve... and trying to fulfill serial requests of what's in stock...

The Coach

Enlightened
Woo Hoo!!!!! :twothumbs Got my shipping confirmation today!!!! :thumbsup: I'll be stalking that little yellow truck Friday. :whistle:

analogguy

Enlightened
Hi guys, here is how the fulfillment works. We ship the lights to the shipping/fulfillment company. They have all orders listed in the order they were placed. Now since we shipped them only Titanium units so far means they only fulfill Titanium orders. So if you ordered an Tuxedo and a Titanium your order waits until the warehouse gets a Tuxedo unit.

I am confused (easily). I ordered one of each (not at the same time) but I received a shipping notice. Hey, did I just answer my own question?

mobile1

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you ordered not at the same time, you paid twice for shipping so they ship out individually. If you ordered them together you pay once for shipping but they won't ship until the warehouse has both in stock.

bmstrong

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm interested in one but I've a few questions:

Any chance the screws are 6/4 Titanium as well?

Did you run a dunk test on any of these?

mobile1

Flashlight Enthusiast
No, the screws are custom made for this light out of stainless steel (which structurally are in fact superior than using 6/4 TI - if you want the reasons why I'll have Kyle comment on that. In terms of look having them made of 6/4 TI wouldn't look any different. On the TI units the current screws look like it's the same material. So the look is the same, structurally it would be inferior, but the costs would be several times higher, so for us there is no reason to do that.
Ti screws only make sense if you f.e. want to send the light into space and you need to save every bit of weight and are willing to sacrifice strength. Since the screws are tiny I doubt it one would notice the change in weight anyway.

Regarding dunk tests, the light is designed to be submersible but we do not test each unit individually which is why the official rating is water resistant.

I submersed mine in a glass of water and it worked like a charm (except its kind of a pain to dry it off again since you don't want calcium stains on it.

Once we have all units shipped out we might try to do an official dunk test somewhere and see how deep it would go - anybody have access to a facility to do such a test.

Also, Hivoltage I think your unit shipped today, so looks like they do first come first serve now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.