Got a new Surefire now which one

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes another "now which one" thread I'm sorry but a local Gun shop had the E2D LED for $119.99 so I had to get it. My real question is how is the E1B beam compare to this one. They have the E1B for $89.99 so I am really thinking of getting another. I was wondering about real world beam outside does the E1B beam have as much spill and is the hotspot as wide? The E2D I got says 200 lumen on it so I know the E1B isnt going to be as bright.

Thanks for any input.

Roger Sully

Flashlight Enthusiast
You should definitely get the E1B anyway...After all it is supposed to be a backup light :thumbsup:
Not that i answered your question...I don't have the E2DL yet..

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
For variety, I recommend the Surefire 2-level E1L Cree instead of the E1B to augment your new 200 lumen Defender. A 2-level E1L will provide you with a long lasting 45 lumens, perhaps for 4 hours or more on its highest setting.

Both the E1B and your defender have a shorter runtime on their maximum settings, so the E1L would provide a capability you wouldn't get with an E2DL/E1B combination.

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
I forgot to mention I use to carry a E1L and unfortunately traded it on CPFM so I am really looking for something new to me. Also I never really like the bezel up pocket clip but I may reconsider this.

jamesmtl514

Flashlight Enthusiast
do it.
I had the E2D, not super bright,
Got the E2D LED, nice, then
Got the E1B,
their beam is pretty much the same. side by side the E2D is slightly brighter.
the 200 lumen E2D is brighter than the 120 E2D but also a much cooler light.

I stopped EDC'ing my E2D for my E1B. My gf has my E2D in her purse now.

Fender

Newly Enlightened
The E1B and E2DL beams are the same, the E2DL is just brighter and therefore throws farther. I love both of them. If I want to take something small, I take the E1B with me. It's nice having the option!

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
I really did not plan on buying a E1B/L but at $90 I'm don't see how I can turn that down. I think I am in trouble because all there Surefire lights are this cheap and they stock all models even the silver E1B.

So I might be in a little trouble here.

mossyoak

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Southland with a RedBull in one hand and iPhon
where in tennessee are you located? if youre over this way i could point you in the direction of some hidden stores that will give you the hookup on surefires, my vote BTW is the e1l cree and get a dual direction clip from surefire. that makes for one sweet setup

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
where in tennessee are you located? if youre over this way i could point you in the direction of some hidden stores that will give you the hookup on surefires, my vote BTW is the e1l cree and get a dual direction clip from surefire. that makes for one sweet setup

I live about 30min. SE of Nashville and I believe I met you at the Cloud Canyon get together If I have you correct you gave me directions around Chattanooga.

Ok so where can I get one of them of dual directional clips and can I also get one for my E2LD. One more thing how can I remove the clip without messing up the finish. I didn't know there was such a clip or I would not have traded my E1L off in the first place.

mossyoak

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Southland with a RedBull in one hand and iPhon
Its simple. Call up surefire and tell them how you have a few of their lights and how they would be better suited for use with a bi-directionsal clip like on an e1b. Or just tell them you have two broken e1b clips that need to be replaced. To remove the clip you need to take the o-ring off. Take a string put it under the clip set down your purse and pull. And watch where the little plastic tab flies to. You'll need it

Stainz

Enlightened
I bought the E1b first - then, some months later, the E2DL. I had bought a Fenix '4n1' kit - that supposedly 180L 1-cell P2D Q5 CE Premium. It'Now I am considering the 200L E2DL. It's an illness. No cure. If I lost my E1b, however, I'd open the Ma-Pa gunstore that keeps them 'in-stock' - and have another one by lunch - it is a fantastic EDC flashlight. Get some S-F CR123A's, too. I helped a fellow in that same store Saturday - considered the new Fenix - left with the E1b!

Now, how do I rationalize a 200L E2DL??:ironic:

Stainz

PS Thank you, Mossyoak! I just removed my E2DL's sprung clip and rebent it. I sprung it the first week - and it took a tumble to some rough concrete, bashing up the crenellated tailcap (S-F replaced it - see my recent thread!). BTW, several minutes crawling around my carpet with the Eib didn't reveal that little black plastic tab - good reason - it was in the light and I found it when I tried to replace the cells!

Last edited:

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well I picked up the E1B and I like it even better then i did my E1L when I had it. I like the first mode is the high 80lm and how low the light sit it pocket with this clip.

Another question is that my E1L and E2L had the type of head labeled both the 200lm E2D and E1B do not so what head is these?

Also what type of string did you guys use to remove clip, like a thin lanyard or fishing line maybe? Thanks to all I seem to be getting back into Surefire again after some time off, still like my Quarks though.

ypsifly

Enlightened
Yeah jump on that E1B. For that price I would get one in each color. I paid full price for both and am totally satisfied. The silver just looks so damn cool and my black sports a Defender tail cap and serves as my edc. It also serves as the perfect compliment to the E2DL. If you can't get a Defender TC or don't want to buy a E2D and swap (like I did), you can order a Z68 from SF or another online dealer.