great now i got my 3rd ipod and 7thbroke mp3 player@#&^&*(*(&*(&)

raggie33

*the raggedier*
im waiting for flashdrives to improve to 20 gigs.im so mad the one i got is broke i wonder if there is a sef tet that checks hardrive for it .it does look rough but all ipods look rough after a while

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can say my Rio Nitrus has been fairly tough. I haven't thrown it to the concrete pavement but it has survived drops to the floor. It uses the really small sized hard drive like the Ipod mini. Maybe they are more robust then the bigger notebook sized hard drives that the regular Ipods take.

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
True but my Rio Nitrus is really anemic and only songs recorded at a high level of initial signal can be pumped up adequately and I don't require ear busting volume levels. I imagine it's a design tradeoff to conserve battery life. I read in a review of a bunch of different mp3 players that the flash based ones on a whole tended to provide louder max audio output but this was over a year ago, maybe it's changed now. Because flash drives use less power, maybe they can sink more of it in the audio output circuitry and still get decent battery life.

Lunal_Tic said:
Flash vs Hard drive shouldn't any difference in sound quality; a digital file is a digital file. You might try different headphones/earbuds to see if that doesn't help. Also you can bump the volume and sound characteristics of the files before you put them on you player. MusicMatch software has an auto leveling feature that's nice. It keeps all tunes at about the same output.

-LT

Lunal_Tic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just another thought, are you using the latest BIOS for it? They may have addressed that issue.

I also remember there was some lawsuit about hearing damage and portable music devices. Some players that I seen have built in limiters so they can say they are producing "responsible" products.

-LT

bjn70

Flashlight Enthusiast
One of my coworkers runs every day, a LOT, and carries an MP3 player with him. He runs about 45 minutes or more each workday, and more on weekends. He bought a 64MB MP3 player from Best Buy, and bought the extended warranty. That player finally failed, maybe due to too much sweat on it, so he took it back and they gave him a new one, but by then they didn't sell a 64MB player, only a 128MB player. When the second one failed he took it back for another one. Somewhere along the way he ended up with a 512MB player because they didn't make the others anymore. When that one failed, he took it back and they gave him a new one. Someone at the store checked the price of the new one and since the new 512MB player was less than his original 64MB player, they gave him a refund of the difference. As they were processing this, they said "your extended warranty is almost expired, do you want to buy another _ years for $__? He did that so now he's basically in perpetual new-MP3 player land.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
well i got songs to load and play.but i still think perhaps the hardrive is messed up cause sometimes songs wont transfer to it

Latest posts