Green Laser Newbie

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
You can cause a crash by accidentally lasing the pilot of the aircraft; the aircraft itself would not be affected by the radiation in any manner.

If you accidentally (or purposefully) lase the pilot, he or she could become startled or even temporarily blinded by the laser radiation, causing him or her to yank the steering yoke in an unexpected direction, possibly unrecoverably so. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif
And boom!!! There's your crash. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

bindibadgi

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am hoping that nobody here is stupid enough to think that they can dot an airplane without posing a big threat to someone's life.

Let's be responsible.

Anyway, rant off, I would also like to know the difference between abeland1's 5mW lasers and the mod 2's. Anyone with both? I'm in the same boat as wolf above, in that I really want to point stuff out in the night sky, and have fun when camping and whatnot. It would be cool to see the thing on low cloud (is this possible with 5mW, since I have really dark skies when camping, and even my home is out of town a bit).

(Moderator edit - just corrected a typo - losers > lasers - that's all.)

LASERSforLIFE

Newly Enlightened
Hm..i can tell you about a MOD-2 but someone else would have to tell you about the Abeland TRUE 5mW. To me, the MOD-2's laser beam is perfectly visible for pointing at stars...and everything else in the night sky. However, i have not been able to try the low cloud thing because i havent seen a cloud low enough and when i did, it was in the daytime, and i need it at night. The beam from a MOD-2 can be easily seen in a dark room. But of course the beam is much more visible outside. If you want a laser for just pointing into the sky, the MOD-2 is fine for all that. So yeah, someone else will have to describe the Abeland to you..

gorn

Enlightened
Something else to think about if you are dumb enough to hit a plane with your laser. In California it is a Felony to do so. That means State prison time.

wolfensteinx

Newly Enlightened
Everyone say that the one from abeland1 is good but how come no one have a review on it?
Also anyone know where i can get the MOD-2 for $89 or less.

wolfensteinx

Newly Enlightened
ok..well i guess im gonna get the mod-2 since nobody got a review for the abeland1 laser. Ok thanks for all your help ppl.

SunSlinger

Newly Enlightened
Wolf,
Here's a quick Abeland1 laser review.

I have the 11.4 MW Abeland1 laser & it's excellent. His response time, customer service, & support are very good too. The beam is clearly visible even in low light conditions.

When it's completely dark, you can see the beam AND the dot clearly, at least 1 3/4 miles away. I'm sure both can be seen much further against the right surface. I lit up the shore line of a lake & the trees, at that range. For star pointing the beam is Very visible.

I did a test with a friend that same night. At over a mile, he said he could clearly see the beam & dot, all the way from me, right to his location, shining near his camper.

Green lasers are more fragile than red ones so I made mine more shock proof & added an external battery pack for more run time. I wanted it to be more durable for outdoor use.
I bought the external on/off switch from abeland also.

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=680858&page=1&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=365&fpart=1

Let us know what ya get & how ya like it.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
bindibadgi said:
I am hoping that nobody here is stupid enough to think that they can dot an airplane without posing a big threat to someone's life.

Let's be responsible.

Anyway, rant off, I would also like to know the difference between abeland1's 5mW lasers and the mod 2's. Anyone with both? I'm in the same boat as wolf above, in that I really want to point stuff out in the night sky, and have fun when camping and whatnot. It would be cool to see the thing on low cloud (is this possible with 5mW, since I have really dark skies when camping, and even my home is out of town a bit).

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been able to hit a low-hanging cloud deck with a 10mw unit from Abeland. I haven't tried it with a 5mw unit yet. The dot was quite visible (although a little diffused) on the clouds when viewing in a modestly dark area.

LASERSforLIFE

Newly Enlightened
Yeah, i've always wanted to try hitting a cloud with my MOD-2, but i havent seen a low enough cloud at night...

robertbick

Newly Enlightened
Just received my 7mw unit from Abeland1. He sure does ship quick and has the best prices! I highly recommend him. Since I live in a rural area the 7mw should be fine since there are no lights around at night.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
robertbick said:
Just received my 7mw unit from Abeland1. He sure does ship quick and has the best prices! I highly recommend him. Since I live in a rural area the 7mw should be fine since there are no lights around at night.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, that should work quite well in a dark rural area. My 10mw worked well in an area that was around the corner from a streetlight, so you should have no problem at all.

wolfensteinx

Newly Enlightened
Quote:

abeland1.com sells 7mw green laser?

LASERSforLIFE

Newly Enlightened
yeah, but in order to get it you have to e-mail him for a password to the high-spec page, and if he decides to let you, he'll give you the password. also, you have to be 18 years old [as the site says]

wolfensteinx

Newly Enlightened
i think its illegal to even have any laser if ur under 18. anyway im over 18 already. is there anyway someone could gimme the password.

if not can someone list the items they sell there and the prices.

Timcee

Newly Enlightened
your best bet would be to go straight to his site yourself.
I'm sure Arnold has a password for a reason.
His web site is www.abeland1.com just check it out for yourself and email him directly. I'm sure he would appreciate it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif.

bindibadgi

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just go to this page, and send him an email asking politely for the password. If he thinks your request is sensible, then he will email you the password, and you can check out his higher spec lasers. Otherwise, here is the site for the 5mW ones.

Latest posts