H9

Sadden

Enlightened
Whats the current best H9? Bulb life is not a concern as they only take a few minutes too swap.

-Virgil-

Flashaholic
No significant difference among major brands (Osram/Sylvania, Philips, Vosla, GE/Tungsram, Koito, Stanley -- in no specific order). Avoid other/off brands. And don't get caught up in a hype-vortex that's swirling around somewhere on the internet, where someone claims to have found a special Hella H9 that's 70 watts instead of 65. First of all, no, 70 is the maximum allowable wattage at 12.8v (73 max at 13.2v); there is no special 70 or 73 watt H9 as opposed to a normal 65 watt H9. Second of all, Hella bulbs can't be considered a first-quality brand.

mckeand13

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just picked up a vehicle that uses H9 for high beams. Of course I want to put some good bulbs in it.

I initially set out looking for my usual favorites; Vosla, Narva, or Philips XtremeVisions and came to a dead end.

It looks like there are no "high performing" H9's available, and all of the mainstream stuff is made in China. Is anyone aware of H9's made elsewhere? Otherwise it looks like Osram or Philips "standard" are the only options.

Thanks.

-Virgil-

Flashaholic
There is no (real) upgrade H9, because H9 is already a very high-luminance bulb. Just pick a good brand, aim the lamps carefully, and that's as high as things go.