Havis-Shields HID is here!!!!!

LitFuse

Flashlight Enthusiast
Did these ship with insurance? I'm just wondering if I'll need to be home to sign for it? Getting ready to take the kids fishing, and I don't want to miss out on my delivery.

Peter

Raybo

Enlightened
Mine was left on my porch LitFuse, good thing for me because I was not home. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Sway

Flashlight Enthusiast
My ballast sings all the time I hooked it to a power supply and ran it for over an hour yesterday evening and the sound stayed the same. When I took it outside to try it out I barely noticed the sound but inside it does sound louder. The metal band around the head of the light will get hot after a while but not enough to really burn you from touching it.

Later
Kelly

Raybo

Enlightened
How many of you have tried getting into this light by removing the metal band?

I'll be the first to admit it.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nah.....I'm leavin mine alone. I like everything about the light so I need not risk breaking some thing. But, I am curious to see the inside since you're taking yours apart (wink wink /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif).

Also, my batteries haven't come yet!!! They better come tomarrow or I'm calling allpowersupply to find out what's up /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon8.gif. I'm certainly not paying full price on 3 day shipping that took 5+ days.

Raybo

Enlightened
No use to try getting into this light Baker, I just wanted to see if it was possible for some tweaks. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast
My light was $179+shipping and stuff = about $198.

WELL worth the money. I am in love with this light.

I got mine from a GB from Mr Ted Bear. I guess you could try to contact him to see if he is willing to do another one. Oh ya, a REALLY GREAT LIGHT!!!

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
symes said:
Took mine out this morning and the dawn chorus lasted only until the lamp was warmed up... after that it is quieter than my SF U2 on dim...

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmmm....That's interesting. Me and Sway's lights sing the whole time they are on. It dosn't seem that the ballast quiets down at all.

symes

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
BakerOnFire90 said:
[ QUOTE ]
symes said:
Took mine out this morning and the dawn chorus lasted only until the lamp was warmed up... after that it is quieter than my SF U2 on dim...

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmmm....That's interesting. Me and Sway's lights sing the whole time they are on. It dosn't seem that the ballast quiets down at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course, did I mention that I've played the drums since I was 9...

symes

Enlightened
I was working at a station the other night that has a large municipal water tower on the property. I kept looking at it then the HS HID then back again. I so wanted to try it out and see just how it lit up, but somehow the moment never presented itself, and besides, I guess it was best, not to have one of the nearby neighbors thinking that the war of the worlds had begun...

I hit it once a while ago with my M6 shortly after acquisition and my partner stood open mouthed and issued a H... S...

Maybe next time....

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's just great /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

I am sorry the beamshots are taking so long, but I can't seem to be able to turn off the flash on my camera no matter what I do/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon8.gif. I am to the point of just covering the flash point with a piece of black paper. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Sway

Flashlight Enthusiast
symes,

GO FOR IT MAN! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif Burn the paint off that water tower you'll just be do a favor for the next service crew that has to paint it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif

Later
Kelly

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmmmmm.....got my newly fixed Light Cannon started up and it is noticably dimmer then it was before /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif. O' well. I am not sending it back. It took 4 weeks as it is. I'll just live with a dimmer light.

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey everyone,

finally took some beamshots of the HS (not outside ones. I'll try later). There are pics of the Mag85 in there also.

This is just a pic with the light on. The pic looks more yellow than in real life. HS.

Here is a pic from 25.8 feet. Its in an unfinished basement in my friends house /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif. HS.

Same 25 foot shot. HS.

Here is the Mag85

Mag85 from the 25 feet

An unzoomed pic for the Mag85from the 25 feet

Here is QIII on top, Mag85 in middle, HS on bottom. That is my best friend Caleb's head by the way.

Mag85, HS, QIII

QIII, HS, Mag85

QIII

QIII

Mag85

HS

HS

HS

QIII from 25 feet

QIII zoomed from 25 feet

Sideways QIII shot.

Okay, sorry, that's quite a few pictures.

I don't know when or where I can get outside shots. I am thinking golf course. 500 yards. But, I'm gonna wait for warmer days. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast
Also apologize for the qulity of the pictures. First, it is a cheap camera so there isn't any white balance or anything, and the batteries were nearing their end so some of the shots are unfocused.

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast
Last thing, the HS appears much more yellow in some of the pictures in real life. But, I was using my friends 54 year old 2 MP camera that is a piece of crap. I would have used my camera but I can't turn the flash off on mine (that's prettuy stupid. I think every camera should have the "no-flash" feature.