Havis-Shields HID is here!!!!!

cheesehead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are you controlling for exposure? Since you can make a mini-mag look like a Thor if you do it right (esp with a bit of fog /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif).

NikolaTesla

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for Pics. Max. I been using mine with the Vector pack for power- You need to leave it on for several hours and rotate light during breakin period and it will get whiter after a while. At this point, I think the HS is best HID for the buck. I will do shootout when weather is better outdoors vs X990 vs MaxaBeam. Did you use the Vector pack for your pics?

NikolaTesla /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

http://www.tjtech.org/gallery/NikolaTesla/MyNewLights

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cheese, I honestly don't think that the camera I was using even has that feature. It's very basic camera. I have a much better camera but it has a major flaw. You can't turn the flash off!!!

Nikola, yes I too use the Vector packs. The last HS pics in the group above you can see them supporting the light. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

D'oh!!! Just realized I typed 54 year old camera above. I mean 4 year old camera /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't know that it neccesarily gets BRIGHTER, but I know it certainly gets whiter. Maybe it does get brighter though. If it does, it's probably a very tiny bit brighter, cause I haven't really noticed much of a change in my HID lights.

cheesehead

Flashlight Enthusiast
MB,

I agree, I don't think it's an actual brightness, just a color shift to blue. But good grief, my cheap arse Thor with a used HID off of ebay seems brighter than the X990, is it the Thor is broken in? Does the X990 have too small a reflector? Too many questions.