HDS Systems EDC # 16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
This is from the description of the High CRI 100.
" Our LEDs provide an industry-leading CRI of 93. The color temperature is considered to be at the cooler end of warm white."

It is a neat light and great for finding dark brown socks, which always appear to be grey with most LED lights.

Bill

Mbehe87

Newly Enlightened
It is a neat light and great for finding dark brown socks, which always appear to be grey with most LED lights.

Bill

That might be the most used task of my high CRI lights... :) Finding socks... Black vs blue / shades of brown / etc

DucS2R

Enlightened
I have one of the 120 Hi CRI lights in orange cerakote that going gear sold a couple of years ago and it is a favorite, sorting socks, yup, great for that, but just a very pleasing light to use in general and suitable for 80 percent of the tasks that require a flashlight.

T

Echo63

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh ! You're the lucky one that scored that ti tailcap ? Nice ! I remember I was drooling over it...

In fact, the image I had in my mind was really something more pocket-friendly. About the diameter of an Aeon would seem like the perfect pocket HDS.

Nice Twisty collection BTW !:thumbsup:
If it were designed from the ground up as a CR2 light it could be much smaller than the current HDS lights (but hopefully without forgetting the wonderful "bombproofness" of the current lights.
personally i would love an 18650 tube for my twisty (i know they are out there, i just dont have one, and cant afford to post a WTB) for the extra runtime - i see the twisty as a bombproof light to get you home, when everything else has failed (which is why i carry it along with my 170GDP)

cerbie

Enlightened
219a tested the same as 219b except that the 219b were able to hit a higher lumen output.
Good to know. I wasn't sure if there was much higher CRI there, or just more yellow and red to make the slightly lower CCT that makes them pop, after comparing some items between darkness and sunlight.

Stoneking

Enlightened
Since the topic lately is tint I thought I'd share some information I found elsewhere on CPF. I don't remember who originally posted this idea, but it is not mine. However it did work out very well for me.

The CPFer suggested a swatch book from Lee Filters for $2.00 (shipping $5.00), I suggest the designer edition. This swatch book has approx 700 filters samples, of all different color spectrums. They are a very thin film, so you can shine your light through it and pick whatever tint you like. Then cut out a 7/8 circle from the sample and apply it to the inside of the lens.
My Rotary 250 now looks like an incandescent that appears to have no loss in brightness and no effect on beam pattern.

I am in no way affiliated with Lee Filters. This idea was suggested by someone else and it happened to work awesome for me, thought I'd share.
If anyone is interested in this and I'm allowed to post the link to the swatch book, let me know.

kbuzbee

Enlightened
If anyone is interested in this and I'm allowed to post the link to the swatch book, let me know.

Are these available online? Or only through dealers?

I didn't see an order on their site.

(edit - never mind, I found it)

Ken

Last edited:

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast
I copied this from the website when I got mine:

HDS EDC LE Clicky High CRI 120 Lumens - Cree XP-G CRI 92 3700k

They are over 90.
thank you both! I'll never sell my hcri 120 because its tint is phenomenal. 90+ is great. thanks guys!

Bill
interesting use. I really only have white socks, but I'll have to try that sometime

Hondo

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK, glad you found it, as it is great stuff and deserves to be mentioned often. Although if you look back over the past week, you will see that I really tried to get you there too! :crackup: :buddies:

Last edited:

JKolmo

Enlightened
Hogo, what's the status for the latest reflector batch? I'm eagerly awaiting my Rotary 170N ordered on February 11. Would be super awesome to be able to bring it for the upcoming summer vacation. Thanks!

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hogo, what's the status for the latest reflector batch? I'm eagerly awaiting my Rotary 170N ordered on February 11. Would be super awesome to be able to bring it for the upcoming summer vacation. Thanks!

We are expecting them to come in quite soon. I thought they would have been here by now but this last batch was 1000 reflectors and the one before that was 200, so it's taking them a little more time to get them all done. I should think they will be in within a week (I could be wrong, just a WAG from the last time they coated them).
Once they come in, they will still need to be put in the heads and calibrated, boxed, shipped etc. I just got back from Albuquerque on business and am trying to keep my schedule open to help Henry when they arrive (though I've got a bit of a backlog on the leatherwork).

JohnSmith

Enlightened
We are expecting them to come in quite soon. I thought they would have been here by now but this last batch was 1000 reflectors and the one before that was 200, so it's taking them a little more time to get them all done. I should think they will be in within a week (I could be wrong, just a WAG from the last time they coated them).

1000 reflectors. Enough to cover the backorders and, perhaps, some new orders also? Your thoughts? I've got a hankering for a 250 Rotary to join my two 200 clickies. Thanks...

Ishango

Enlightened
1000 reflectors. Enough to cover the backorders and, perhaps, some new orders also? Your thoughts? I've got a hankering for a 250 Rotary to join my two 200 clickies. Thanks...

I read that as "... to join my 200 clickies." Must have been daydreaming :naughty:

EDIT: Could not resist:
vInfXUd.jpg

Last edited:

fnj

Enlightened
I read that as "... to join my 200 clickies." Must have been daydreaming :naughty:

Woo hoo! Two hundred clickies! That would be 40,000-50,000 lumens of solid precision old fashioned American enterprise.

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yes, it will cover all the current back orders and still have a few left over... well, more than a few.

Status
Not open for further replies.