HDS Systems EDC # 19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Romanko

Newly Enlightened
XP-G3 and XP-L2 already released. Anybody know when they will be used in HDS? Why not to use 5000K instead of 6500K?

emarkd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Henry moves slowly, heavily preferring "tried-n-true" technology over the latest and greatest thing. So don't hold your breath on getting the newest emitters from him anytime soon. Besides, the XP-G3 is really a small incremental upgrade over the XP-G2 (~8% increase in efficiency, iirc), and the XP-L2 is really so new that nobody is even talking about them yet.

kj2

Flashaholic
Flood reflector and new black bezel came in the mail today.
Little bit tricky to install, but smooths out the beam so much. Luckily, darkness will come soon[emoji14]
cfaf4845eb090ede32b7634bed22a03f.jpg

ven

Flashaholic
Awesome, just my cup of tea:D Just need some UK stock.............Look forward to your impressions Kev

kj2

Flashaholic
Tried it now for a few minutes, and it really has a floody pattern. Do notice a very faint 'hotspot' but that probably coming from the led.
Will have to see how it performs outside, later this evening. But am glad I could find one for my HDS.

ven

Flashaholic
The oveready mule(300lm single mode nichia) sounds very similar. You can just about make out the LED hot spot(very small) in the perfect circle of flood. During use its hard to spot, look for it and it can be found. Quite surprising, even though "just" 300lm, its enough to flood a garden. So many benefits, close up work and it will not bounce back, lay on the floor and will illuminate up above(no direct aiming required). I have noticed, depending on the host bezel and how it sits, does determine the hot spot intensity(deeper bezel the more intense or noticeable). So for this mule, i prefer it sat up front .

Due to the deep head of the HDS, i can imagine there being a hot spot or bright spot from the LED.

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Now that all the 4k lights are finished, there are two left over. In the runs, one or two extra is generally built so that if there is any fallout, it does not effect anyone who ordered. I put these two in my web store in the event someone missed out on the run. No more will be built.

Hogo, Thor, Dan

eraursls1984

Flashlight Enthusiast
Now that all the 4k lights are finished, there are two left over. In the runs, one or two extra is generally built so that if there is any fallout, it does not effect anyone who ordered. I put these two in my web store in the event someone missed out on the run. No more will be built.

Hogo, Thor, Dan
If only they were 18650 flush button.

Hondo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dan, welcome back!

It's been so long since we heard from you here I thought a salutation was in order.

Hope all is well on both professional and personal battle fronts. I'll know you have caught up when the journey of Shorty and Longman continues. I recall them in a hole in a holster, Shorty having been hired as a burglar.

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dan, welcome back!

It's been so long since we heard from you here I thought a salutation was in order.

Hope all is well on both professional and personal battle fronts. I'll know you have caught up when the journey of Shorty and Longman continues. I recall them in a hole in a holster, Shorty having been hired as a burglar.

Thank you Hondo! Things are still a little messy in my life. Well, a lot messy. Having spent the last 6 months trying to track down my children who were kidnapped by their mother who is hiding them in Japan is not fun. Nor are private investigators in Japan cheap. Yep. Sold damn near everything I have to finance this. Still have my MUTT, but that may have to go soon as well. Hoping the economy picks up as business has been crap the last six months as well. Well, enough sob stories.

Good news... I have learned how to edit videos on my computer and plan to an HDS torture test video. My plan is to treat the light like it were my ex right now. Should be a good video once I'm done, and show just how durable the lights are. I have to wait until school is out. Yep, back in school again and my brain has lost a few synaptic connections and the neuron count is definitely down. Taking science (anatomy, physiology, medical) which is far far far from what I ever took some 3 decades ago. Even more difficult than the Masters classes in Emergency and Disaster Management.

Side note: Both the 4k are gone and will be shipped out on Monday.

Happy Veterans Day everyone, and a 1 day belated "Happy Birthday" to the USMC!

Status
Not open for further replies.