HDS Systems EDC #22

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sos24

Enlightened
Great photos![emoji106][emoji106]

UPDATE: although from the last century, GD can outperform todays standard emitters only because of it's tiny die. Similar output i've noticed comparing XPL and SST20.
Although XPL gives 350lm at around 1A and SST20 only 250 (like 219B), SST throws much farther than XPL due to smaller size die.

I would be curious what you think if you have a 325nlt to compare to the SST20.

id30209

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would be curious what you think if you have a 325nlt to compare to the SST20.
Me too... Do not have that many HDSss but i will try to mod old Novatac and Ra to see if i'm right about it.
In my other lights this is visible and many others confirmed this theory although in other forum and on other topic, but yes, these two emitters have been discussed and confirmed that SST have a punch

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's so subjective, I really don't think it can be sensibly discussed.
I like sauvignon blanc and maybe you prefer something less citrus.
Life would be very monotonous if we all liked the same stuff.
"What do you think of this"
"Lovely"
"Me too"
Silence.
Mrs Yeti and I have such different tastes in everything, but we've survived together at least a hundred years.

P

Spot on.
And sauvignon blanc is quite good when mixed with 9 parts rum to 1 part SB. :party:

usdiver

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm sure there's more information further back in the threads about it, but my searches have been futile. What's the beam profile like on the High Noons versus the old 200-lumen non-CRI XPG2?

I ve done a bit of testing on the high noon, 250, and the 325 NLT among others. Bang for the buck you ll be better off with the high noon as it's a hi cri led. Numbers wise and specs say one thing but in the field experience says something else which has several factors including reflector, led, output, etc. 250 s are notorious for being too cool. I ve got one that I was lucky with. The 325 NLT I have 2 and both have different tints but both are satisfactory. The high noon pretty much matches the beam reach of the 250 AND my 325's.... all three are so close that I can't tell which has more reach. The higher cri gives the high noon the edge in my opinion
So anyone that's on the fence don't be on the fence for long because the high noons will be the first to run out. It's excellent and if you can only have 1 it is the one to have...

elzilcho

Enlightened
Thanks very much for that (I think -- you just cost me $339). :grin2:

Going from Hogo's earlier post about only having 2 High Noons left, that number is now down to 1.

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I love the High Noon. It is my grail.
The 325 nlt is runner up.
If I had to pick just one... who am I kidding. I don't have to pick just one and won't entertain such a horrid thought.

RCS1300

Flashlight Enthusiast
I find that I edc my High Noon while the sun is out and edc my 325 lumen NLT when the sun sets. The High Noon, in my opinion, provides the best High Color Rendering available because the light produces little to no artifacts on its own. The 325 lumen NLT is very easy on the eyes when operating outdoors at night and pre-dawn. Both are spectacular and must have emitters.

usdiver

Flashlight Enthusiast
I love the High Noon. It is my grail.
The 325 nlt is runner up.
If I had to pick just one... who am I kidding. I don't have to pick just one and won't entertain such a horrid thought.

Yeah I picked up some bad habits from you...and you just killed me with the copper post. 325, 250, high noon, uv... 🙄

By the way do you have enough left for copper?

@elzilcho I sent you some beam shots I dug out

You'll be pleased with the high noon

Hope the boss doesn't mind me helping get rid of old stock, thats 2 this month [emoji4]

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yep. 1 High Noon left.

I have a hidden stash of High Noons, NB35, NB40, and NB45's for the BeCu Anniversary run, but as for enough... well, that depends. I'm not going to say my cup runneth over, and quite honestly, I really wish I had twice as many, but that just isn't how things turned out.

As it stands, if someone is going to get in on the BeCu, and have an emitter they just have to have, they may want to practice their "checkout" skills ahead of time.

tenor.gif

Last edited:

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
@Hogo
Just in case you need NC27, NC30, NC35, NC40, NC50 and NC57 and also NB35, NB40 and NB45 LEDs I have a small stock of all of this LEDs, depending on LED type and temperature 3 or 6 pieces. :)

Sos24

Enlightened
Does anyone have both the 3 o'clock high and high noon and can tell me their opinion between the two. I really like the 3 o'clock and curious if those who have both consider the high noon better and if so how much better.

usdiver

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does anyone have both the 3 o'clock high and high noon and can tell me their opinion between the two. I really like the 3 o'clock and curious if those who have both consider the high noon better and if so how much better.

I have "had" the 3 o clock. The beam is nice but was a bit too much on the warm side for me against the noon and it didn't seem to have the punch the high noon has.

While I hate cool and I mean "COOL" tints I don't consider the high noon cool (some do). Borderline maybe but it's a very effective tint and the difference you're looking for depends on what you prefer and what you're using it for. I personally need intense, bright, but also useful tints. 5700 ish is borderline up for me while 4000 is as far down I like. That being said the 325 NLT is a lot more effective than the 3 o clock was for me and more enjoyable to use. But that's my findings and I ve been spoiled by having so many options to try. I m also using my lights outdoors in nature as opposed to the city. The only indoor use they get is mosquito hunting or finding my way around this old house and preventing me from falling down the stairs... lethal in low light conditions!

As Hogo did the runs I m sure he will correct me if I m wrong but imagine yourself indoors and out with the noon day sun on a hot day in your pocket then imagine taking it out and using it to see with day and night. Them imagine the softer sun at 1500 or "3 o clock" and having it in the other pocket. It's kinda like that and I ll take the noon sun over the afternoonany day. The afternoon sun is more pretty to look at and a bit more pleasant on the eyes where the noon has a bit more intensity

Last edited:

K2-bk-bl-rd

Flashlight Enthusiast
This thread is going to send me to the poor house! Last High Noon ordered! I'll now have 3000k rotary, 4000k clicky, and 5700k Rotary.

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
This thread is going to send me to the poor house! Last High Noon ordered! I'll now have 3000k rotary, 4000k clicky, and 5700k Rotary.

And they are gone.

zqvblug.gif

I feel you. I have to work at HDS as an indentured servant just to pay for the lights I have.

K2-bk-bl-rd

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've owned a couple high noons in the past, and while it isn't my first choice, (if i could only have one) I feel like it will balance out my lineup nicely!

Sos24

Enlightened
Thanks @usdiver. It sounds like our taste in tints is similar. I also really like and prefer neutral tints. I do not like cooler tints.

Most of my use is indoors and outside in not so well lit areas.

What you say about the high noon seeming more intense is what has me interested. I like the tint of the 3 o'clock high but do find myself wanting more intensity. I also have the 325nlt and like it alot. I also tend to favor it over the 3 o'clock much of the time.

LuxTacGear

Newly Enlightened
I have the same opinion about the high noon as I own three of them and a uv. The high noon is my favorite emitter because for me, it does not have a cool tint but a really white neutral tint without any visible beam shifts and high cri. I find it really bright even during the day when there is some shade. I have never used any other emitters in an HDS except the Nichia sw45 and the 4000k which I also liked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts