HDS Systems EDC Pics #1

INFRNL

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think Hogo needs to start his own thread, just for all of his amazing hds holsters

I'd probably custom order on if i had an imagination. However i don't, so i would need some to choose from:eek:

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Associating with you is becoming expensive, Hogo. I need a fourth HDS. When that day comes I will need this holster in my life. Are you serious with the tritium? :drool:

Oh yes. It is a blue tritium inset behind the leather. Only half the vial can actually be seen, but there is no way the tritium can come out and is completely encased in the leather and protected. I'll show you how I did it after I finish the one I'm working on now with a skull that has two red tritium eyes.

Last edited:

INFRNL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ill take the skull with 2 red trits;)

Maybe you can make several and post them for sale on your site as you did for the titanium run. Or maybe that's already a plan...

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK. So this is how I do it.
Stamp the leather and put the holes where you want the tritium to show. Then very carefully cut a slit in the back of the leather that the tritium vials will fit into being just under the surface of the rear of the leather. Then, making sure the vials to not stick up, the lining is glued. Should not be able to feel the vials through the lining.

I've been meaning to try this for some time now.

Here are two green ones just as an example.
img-1145.jpg

A little blurry, but you can see the blue tritium for the eye.

img-1158.jpg

Remember, just like the spare battery carrier, it was Hogo who started it!

These won't be cheap. They are very time consuming and going a little to deep on the slot means you get to start all over again.

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I read somewhere that cheap holsters aren't good and good holsters aren't cheap.

I read that somewhere as well, but I'm old and forgot where I saw that. Probably some cranky old guy with attitude.

Better shot of the front of the holster...

img-1138.jpg

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, I would like to say that these are for sale... but 2 minutes after I put them in my web store... they were purchased.
Someone had definitely gotten some practice on the titanium sale.

Here is the now sold "Skull with Red Tritium Eyes". Yes. That is a tiny basketweave on the bottom. Lined with dark green suede. Green skull, dark red tiny basket weave, black edges, and 16 engraved stainless spots.
img-1154.jpg

img-1148.jpg

img-1155.jpg

moltenmag

Enlightened
Seeing Ant Man and the Wasp tonight! [emoji220] HDS rotaries are the best for movies because of the easy access moonlight mode. Accompanied by my Rotary 2700k incandescent... [emoji363]

x1wwee.jpg

INFRNL

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am learning that if i want any kind of holsters made for anything, I will definitely be contacting Hogo:thumbsup:

Can't wait to see what else you come up with;)

Keep up the amazing work my friend; you are currently my favorite person right now

tongkang

Newly Enlightened
Wow...that 2.7k rotary must be very nice when outdoor huh?

Seeing Ant Man and the Wasp tonight! [emoji220] HDS rotaries are the best for movies because of the easy access moonlight mode. Accompanied by my Rotary 2700k incandescent... [emoji363]

20 min into my 4 mile run. G-Shock 5600E accompanied by new rotary 2700k. Florida sun is blistering. 2 more miles to go... Let's go!! [emoji125]*♂️

INFRNL

Flashlight Enthusiast
It depends on the exact detail of work done. Most of his recent work has been in the $180-$260 range i believe but he has some a bit less

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
What were the prices on the tritium holsters?

On my pricing page I break it all down. Basic open top holsters start at $60. It pretty much goes by how much time it takes and the cost of the basic materials. The tritiums take some time as if you get the slot to deep, you just ruined the piece and have to start over. Don't get it deep enough and the tritium vials will protrude on the back. These two were probably the most time intensive flashlight holsters I have ever made. I think they are also about the nicest and most unique I have also done. I was honestly thinking about not putting them in the web store because I like them so much. I have a western rig I just couldn't sell. It's hanging in my living room.

Looks like I'll be back at the bench tomorrow. I have an idea with the biohazard symbol and green tritium...

INFRNL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh God, you're killing me Dan!
I have a thing for biohazard done right....just add it to my account

I'll have to show you my custom biohazard computer case (unfortunately it never got completed).

And keep up the great work:thumbsup:

EDIT: okay, I feel like we have gotten off topic and this went from the HDS pics thread to Thor's Custom Holsters...:laughing:

First pic has 6 out of 8 of my current HDS family. I added in some other items in response to NBP's post. Just wanted to share some mutual interests. There are several pieces of Titanium in this pic as well.

This one is in response to my linking for Biohazard:poke: Dan!
I never got around to finishing this computer case; It houses 2 separate super crunching computers which were used to help find cures for cancer. but thats a story for another place

Last edited:

RCS1300

Flashlight Enthusiast
It depends on the exact detail of work done. Most of his recent work has been in the $180-$260 range i believe but he has some a bit less

I already have five of his HDS holsters and each one is unique and fantastic. Did not see the tritium at the time. It may have been available but I guess I was not looking for it then.

Last edited: