HDS Systems EDC Pics #1

nbp

Flashaholic
My coffee table (beer table??) during a get-together with a buddy a while back. There's a few HDSsss in that pic if you can spot them!

IMG_3700_zpsdraket8x.jpg

nbp

Flashaholic
I had to switch to Duluth Trading Co Firehose Flex pants. They have a bit of stretch to fit all my gear. 😉

nbp

Flashaholic
It's about 7x rarer than the Ti Rotaries will be, but I'm feeling generous so let's say $3500. Bahahaha! 😂

emarkd

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's about 7x rarer than the Ti Rotaries will be, but I'm feeling generous so let's say $3500. Bahahaha! [emoji23]
Honestly I didn't even expect you to put a price on it so we're further along than I expected! It's a start! [emoji23][emoji23]

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's the best one yet!

This is the first suede lined flashlight holster I've made. Copper based metals don't do well with vegetable tanned leathers as the chemical tannin reacts with the copper and can cause verdigris (copper acetate) and if left long enough in the holster, will create a nasty green slime. The suede is chromium tanned and will not do this. Not that the light will sit in the holster for a long time... but just as a precaution. It's also why if you store ammo in leather cartridge loops on a belt or bandoleer, make sure they are nickel plated brass. I seal all the leather stuff I make, but over time, wear happens.

Now, if you do get verdigris on your copper, brass, or bronze, it will dissolve in alcohol and Hoppe's #9 will take it off as well. Copper carbonate is different and isn't slimy nor is it caused by the chemicals in the leather tanning process using tannin.

Last edited:

INFRNL

Flashlight Enthusiast
My coffee table (beer table??) during a get-together with a buddy a while back. There's a few HDSsss in that pic if you can spot them!

IMG_3700_zpsdraket8x.jpg

It appears that someone has good taste.
I see the blue, orange, and black.

I also see some familiar spydercos and reeves. Nice Mnandi, i have one in Mammoth tusk but it's not an ideal pick but i love it.

Used to have a ton of spyderco as they are located in Golden, CO about 1.5hrs from me. Been there once but temptation made me have to hurry and get out of there.

I'll have to post a pic tomorrow/today so i can contribute to the thread.

Echo63

Flashlight Enthusiast
Heres two of mine - golden dragon 170 tactical (with a very untactical glow button - I really need to get a flush button for it) and a TW100 twisty

VOVLVFR.jpg

OjXlKDu.jpg

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here's something you don't see everyday...
The "Fenrir" holster... for my naval brass HDS.
Celtic wolf with blue tritium eye. Wolf is dark blue with gold highlight surrounded by grey/blue. "Fenrir" in elder futhark stamped next to wolf also with gold highlight. Edges done in black dragon scales with engraved brass spots.
Lined with black suede. Done so I can tail stand the light in the holster.

img-1129.jpg
img-1130.jpg

img-1133.jpg
img-1136725.jpg

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
Associating with you is becoming expensive, Hogo. I need a fourth HDS. When that day comes I will need this holster in my life. Are you serious with the tritium? :drool: