help me choose a tv

raggie33

*the raggedier*
tv is my only fun that and gaming i never go to movies or concerts or out to eat my tv is failing looking at a 75 inch tv best but brand 599 bucks .do you all have any recommendations

raggie33

*the raggedier*
btw my tv has a warrenty thru best buy should i even try to make them honer it

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
btw my tv has a warrenty thru best buy should i even try to make them honer it
Absolutely if the TV is bad..... get it fixed or replaced. Not sure that cheap of price for a 75 inch TV is going to be decent for gaming. I don't know a lot about gaming but I do know a higher refresh rate are what is needed for gaming these days.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
There is a new "IPS Black" display technology that's supposed to hit the market around November. It's designed to rival the deep blacks and high contrast capability of OLEDs without the high price tag. They haven't announced pricing yet but this might be worth a look.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
Before you buy a TV decide on the following features:
HDMI ports.... how many do you need I recommend 1 more than you have devices for at the time. I have 3 on my TV when other brands in the price range only had 2 of them and I am using all 3 for a Blu-Ray player, OTA DVR and and Sony 5x DVD changer
Optional ports like audio if you plan on connecting external audio to it make sure it has the right port for it if not HDMI.
Streaming support for favorite apps/services
Remote that you like with function you use often.

I have a 2 year old Vizio 55 inch TV with Smartcast that is pretty decent. I started with about 75 apps but over time now up to I think around 130 apps. There were cheaper TVs but they did not have remote functions for things I needed like changing aspect ratios directly I looked at Fire TVs and Roku TVs and the remotes were bare bones. My advice is when you get your TV, look online on Ebay and Amazon and get a spare remote control for it. I picked up a different model remote for my vizio for $5 that had one function on it that the newer remote didn't include. Since I have my TV in my bedroom I have a remote near my computer table and one near my bed which makes it so when I want to watch TV in bed I don't have to carry the remote.
75 inch is pretty big you would need a big room otherwise you will get whiplash too close watching a ping pong tournament.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
ty for advice everyone what a crazy time imagine have 75 inches in the 80s lol

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
ty for advice everyone what a crazy time imagine have 75 inches in the 80s lol
I had a friend his dad worked as a mechanic for American Airlines in the 80s and they bought a 50 inch projection screen TV..... it was BIG..... but the picture wasn't better than a smaller big tube costing a lot less. I think he paid something like $4000 for it? I was there when he played video games on it. Projection TVs are coming back as they
have laser ones that are 120 inches out that are short throw even.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
id love 120 inch tv im a big tv guy i sometimes have it on just for noise love history channel and discovery and a n e and tru tv

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
I'm still waiting for OLED TVs to drop in price a little more. Ever nopw and then one of the earlier generations of LG OLED sets drops to around $800 but it's the model that only supports 60hz refresh rate. The refresh rate is something to consider if you're a gamer or you're going to be staring at the screen for extended periods; the higher the rate the better.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
my switch has oled looks amazeing great in dark games like horrors