How come we hear so little of the Xeno E03 ???????????

sirimaxi

Newly Enlightened
Can someone tell me if the Quark 123/AA holster will fit well on the E03? Any other suggestion of a holster for this light? Thanks!

jbdan

Newly Enlightened
I just got my black xeno today in neutral flavor. On a 14500 it is insane. It reminds me of the thrunite 1C on an rcr, but even brighter. The beam is a wall of light floody and huge. The knurling on this light is aggressive and I love it I think more lights should have this. The gitd parts go well with black. It is a nice little light and such a bargain!

choombak

Enlightened
A friend has been using the E03 for the last two months - heavy use, and the switch has become soft and unreliable for changing modes - they may not change, or the light my not fire at all. Anyone else experienced similar unreliable modes?

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
A friend has been using the E03 for the last two months - heavy use, and the switch has become soft and unreliable for changing modes - they may not change, or the light my not fire at all. Anyone else experienced similar unreliable modes?

That's one of the advantages of a rear clicky design. One can easily replace the parts and they are easily available and affordable. But if the problem is in the light engine, then that's a problem.

trooplewis

Newly Enlightened
I got a Blue/Purple XP-G from Jason a week or two ago, based on recommendations in this thread.
I have not been disappointed, it is a very nice AA light. Gotta look into getting some 5/8 in GITD O rings now...

SirJohn

Newly Enlightened
No one else sells the XM-L version of the light. Hong Kong dealer bestinone sells the original XP-G version, but since you have to wait a few weeks to get something mailed from HK and given the lack of CS generally found with HK dealers, you are much, much better off to just wait until Jason receives more stock.

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got a Blue/Purple XP-G from Jason a week or two ago, based on recommendations in this thread.
I have not been disappointed, it is a very nice AA light. Gotta look into getting some 5/8 in GITD O rings now...

Coul you comment on this blue/purple color? I hear a lot about it but no one ever mentions if it's a nice color or if it's kinda girly or not.

SirJohn

Newly Enlightened
It doesn't strike me as particularly girly although a girl will probably really like the color, but it is not a shade that would be embarrsing for a guy in my opinion, but you pretty much have to decide that for yourself.
100_0399.JPG

100_0404.JPG

Last edited:

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the pic. Doesn't look that much on the purple side. I wouldn't necessarily mind a purple light, but that would really depends on what shade or purple. This one if fine with me.

flashmenow

Newly Enlightened
Greets all. I have 3 of the E03's one in each tint. These are extremely well made lights for the price point. The WW is about 30% less bright then the NW and CW. Running on a IMR 14500 cell they are WOW bright ! Run times are short as the AW IMR's I have are only 700mAh.

I did receive one unit of WW that functioned a total of about 10min, then flickered and shut down. Swapped tail caps no dice.

I sent it off to Jason and he swapped out the light engine and sent it home , now no problems. These little lights have a 3 year warranty.

I have all three body colors , Black is my favorite.

(side note) BladeHQ sent out a newsletter and they have stock of some CW in RED body in the XM-L release. Shop quick after this post :devil:

http://www.bladehq.com/item--XENO-E03-V2-Red-LED-Flashlight-CREE--9441

3.jpg

Here is a shot comparing WW to CW

shot.jpg

Last edited:

Bigmac_79

Flashlight Enthusiast
...Although hard to say more without directly testing both, I would recommend you choose between the XM-L and XP-G versions on the basis on the beam pattern (i.e. flood vs throw, respectively).

Does anybody have both that they could post some beamshots comparing the flood and throw of the two?

Alt_F4

Newly Enlightened
Hi, i'm from Italy and i have buy a Xeno E03 XM-L and i have noticed something strange. If i use NiMh battery, when the voltage drops below 1,2v (low battery) the E03 would not light ON. Is it normal? Can someone do a test?

If I put the same battery in another flashlight, it works.

Thanks a lot.
Davide.

balloonshark

Newly Enlightened
Hi, i'm from Italy and i have buy a Xeno E03 XM-L and i have noticed something strange. If i use NiMh battery, when the voltage drops below 1,2v (low battery) the E03 would not light ON. Is it normal? Can someone do a test?

If I put the same battery in another flashlight, it works.
I also saw the same thing with mine but it will come on sometimes. If I unscrewed the tail cap and removed the battery and put it back in it would work for a little while. Sometimes the modes will change a couple times and sometimes the light will come on in different modes. I thought something was wrong with the light but a new battery worked fine. It is very strange behavior and I have no idea if it is normal.

balloonshark

Newly Enlightened
At least the light has a one year warranty if there is a problem. I'm also sure tactical_hid would be more than willing to help make things right.

Latest posts