How long has your EDC lasted?

woodrow

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have been carrying a Lumapower M3 with the cr123a tube for about 10 months now. It has never given me a problem with the twisty switch...which I trust more than any clicky switch.

passive101

Enlightened
My Inova T1 has lasted me for several years. No problems as of yet. I have only changed the battery 3x I think in that time frame. It is not used that much. Just for times when I need a light, convenience, or for tactical use. Thankfully I haven't needed it that way yet.

JasonC8301

Flashlight Enthusiast
What flashlights have you had issues with that had to be discarded and thrown away?

The longest I have carried any flashlight on a continuous basis is my CR2 Ion. I purchased it when it first hit the market (summer of 05?) and still use it until this day. I carry it with my keys and the knurling has been smoothed out to have no rough edges and some of the black HA has slight wear on it.

My other EDC lights (5.11 pants flashlight/mag pocket, and book bag) are always rotating. I don't believe I have kept one of those lights for more than 6 months at a time. My desk is where all the lights end up, and there are currently about 14 lights on my desk, lol.

My vote goes to the CR2 Ion because I have carried it the longest and it is great.

A Surefire X200 I can attest to its strength and durability because I beat the crap out of it in training. It has been through thousands of different caliber handgun rounds while mounted on several different guns. Operator error has led to the light being shot off the gun twice, still works.

Echo63

Flashlight Enthusiast
i only have one EDC light, my Fenix L0p, and it has been riding with me for about a year and a half now, and when i just tested it, it still worked

everything else get rotated, my old grey 6p lasted nearly 4 years on my duty belt and still works,it just lives in a drawer now, i changed jobs
my magcharger now lives in my car as a percussive persuasion tool and street number finding light
my 2 year old SF U2 still works, along with its predecessor, the L4 (now 3 and a half years old.
my T4 did a year on my duty belt, then my fiancee pinched it for hers, and now i have i have it back, and it still seems to work
my Streamlight strion which is my current edc, still works too

oh, and i will be ordering a Novatac later tonight, hopefully it lives a long life as an EDC light too
EDIT - just ordered along with a rechargeable 123, and 18650 for the U2 and 2x 17670s for my L4 and Inova T3

Last edited:

scottaw

Enlightened
Well it's not that long, but i pre-ordered my P2d from the 2nd batch ever made, and i've carried it every day since (6-7 months?). It's been dropped, gotten wet, a tiny scratch here and there, but still works great. A few times it's acted funny, but just take a pencil eraser to the contacts and everything is better.

Side note, im only on my 2nd battery. And it gets minimum 10 minutes use a day for a night dog walk.

GreySave

Enlightened
Of the lights in my signature, the following are used regularly and about equally over a one week time period. The only one with any issues is the Huntlight Cree. Its interface now requires about a 15 second "off" time to reset to full power instead of the 2 seconds specified. All of the others have peformed flawlessly

U2
X5 Red
Wolf-Eyes 9 Series
Kroma
Huntlight Cree
Maglite 3D with EverLED Lamp

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
Of the lights in my signature

Not sure if it is an issue still or not, but everyone having lights named in their siglines caused a lag for searches because it grabbed every occurance of the name in every persons sigline for every post they put out. Not sure if it is still an issue or not, just aheads up.

wotblake

Newly Enlightened
I've been carrying this for a good while (not the phone)...

S&W 340PD in pocket holster
Fenix P1D-CE
iPhone (hacked, lots of software installed)
Benchmade knife
Wallet
keys

edc.jpg

Last edited:

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have had my Fire~FlyIII on my keychain since March 2006 and not had a problem. My keys/knife have taken their toll on the finish but the character marks keep it from being a shelf queen.

From Sept 2004 to March 2006 it was a Peak Matterhorn which my wife has in her purse. Runs great on a lithium AAA and she likes it.

The longest run for a light is my work EDC Peak Mediterranean 2AA. It has been used and abused at work for the last two years with no problems.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
i have carried a sf e2e with me for the last 6.5 yr. other then batteries and bulbs not one single problem.

RA40

Flashlight Enthusiast
I used to carry 2x123 incan lights but the bulb breakage (of course at wrong times) motivated me over to LED even though it may not have the lumens in mid-late '04. I switch between the HDS EDC U-60 and an E1-L. Smaller incans I don't have bulb issues: Solitaire, MM's still are going but in a workshop environment...they get dropped or banged with regularity.

TCW 60

Newly Enlightened
I wear my Fenix P1 as I got it from last year on. Between the P1 D CE arrived, but I got never warm with the light, because of the multiple modes with twisting.
Now I got the Novatac 120 P (yes it have several modes) but I like it.
For a small light I got the LF2 and after some tests to know how to programm it ,I wear it at the day.

flashfan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Probably the longest-running EDC is the Underwater Kinetics 2AAA penlight, which I carried for about 12+ years. I still have the light, and exchanged it for the newer version only because the original became a collectible to me--the body color hasn't been offered for some time, and it has two o-rings (current version has only one).

Other EDCs include: Underwater Kinetics 2AAA pocket, several Photons, a lambda-modded Streamlight Keymate, SureFire E2 and SureFire E1 w/ KL1 head. Carried the SureFire 9P for awhile, but it was too large for my current carry-all bag. Haven't had a problem with failures (except periodic battery changes, plus lamp replacement on the incans) on any of them (knocking on wood).

Last edited:

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a Photon 2 from when they first appeared on the market. 10 yrs or so. I did replace the LED with a CS when they came out.

I have had both Arc's, CMG infinity and SF give me problems. I do have a well worn ARC AAA LE from the first batch of LE's circa 2001. Works great.

BSBG

Enlightened
I still carry a 6P that I bought in 1992.

Other lights have come and gone, but that one still rides in my coat pocket all winter long.

Attrayant

Newly Enlightened
SF Z2 carried on my duty belt 5 days a week for the past 3 years. No problems.

DieselTech

Enlightened
I've carried an E2D in my pants pocket for almost two years now. Aside from batteries and a couple of bulbs, no issues.

I've carried a SL Stinger in my toolbag for...8 months on so, I think. I'm currently on my third charger (all warrantied), but otherwise no issues yet.

Latest posts