how many lights do you carry?

Rob13v

Newly Enlightened
I worked sound/lights for bands/events for many years, so I make sure to carry a magnetized Nebo light in my bag, alongside a small MagLite LED (so I can see inside my bag). On person, up until recently I carried a Coast G19 inspection, now a Streamlight Microstream. In the car, a small Bushnell 100lmn I got with a bigger Bushnell as a gift.

DIPSTIX

Enlightened
I alternate as I am sure many CPFians do. I carry a Fenix E05 on my keys and rotate between my Zebralight Sc600 MKIII Hi and Manker E14. I change the lights when I am to lazy to swap out the cell or because I am running late for a date. It's not fun explaining to your arm candy that you were late because your flashlight needed fresh batteries lol

Last edited:

vadimax

Flashlight Enthusiast
5 or 6. Otherwise I should not be here :)

Right coat pocket -- Elzetta B343;
Left coat pocket -- Surefire 6P with a Sportac Nichia triple drop-in;
Internal coat pocket -- Eagtac D25C Ti Nichia;
Shirt pocket -- Zebralight SC5c (plus Olight S1 Baton Ti NW weekends);
EDC bag -- Lumintop TD16 HI version (replaced Thrunite TN32).

Should I improve my preparedness even more? :D

P.S.: Nothing in common with preparedness, I just love flashlights.

eraursls1984

Flashlight Enthusiast
vadimax, I'm assuming it's cold and dark there, a lot.

Right coat pocket - Don't wear a coat, I live in Florida
Left coat pocket - Don't wear a coat, I live in Florida
Internal coat pocket - Don't wear a coat, I live in Florida
Shirt pocket - Shirts still have pockets?
EDC bag - I don't carry any bags

I carry 1-2 lights depending on how much room I have on me and how long I expect to be gone. If I'm going very far I put extra in the vehicle.
Work Slack pocket - Foursevens P2
Jeans/short pocket - Zebralight SC62w, and sometimes a Foursevens P1 or Tain Ottavino also. Very rarely a HDS Rotary 4000K XP-L in addition to the SC62w.

Keitho

Enlightened
Zebralight SC63 in pocket at home and at work, mobile phone all the time (the screen is a great "moonlight mode" that everyone seems to forget about on CPF, even though it is probably within inches of everyone 24/7). To me, "carry" also includes lights that are within reach during my day... zebralight sc600 on my bicycle handlebar, h502r bicycle taillight, meteor m43's in the car, thrunite t15 and zebralight h502 on the nightstand...

recDNA

Flashaholic
I've cut way back. Used to carry 3 but they were pulling my pants down so now just one little led on my keychain. At night I add an HDS in my front pocket.

HughJorgan

Newly Enlightened
I have no idea how you all carry more than one flashlight on you. I keep one in my car and one at work. The rest I keep at home.

Because when you're only carrying one and you really need it, that's when it will fail on you. Murphy's Law of Flashlights.

Keitho

Enlightened
Because when you're only carrying one and you really need it, that's when it will fail on you. Murphy's Law of Flashlights.
Sounds like we need a new thread, "what date did your EDC light last fail you and force you to Plan B"

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've cut way back. Used to carry 3 but they were pulling my pants down so now just one little led on my keychain. At night I add an HDS in my front pocket.
I lost 75 pounds in five months by going vegetarian, tightened my belt, added a X65 holster and P60 holster and a simple two-inch diameter loop holster and I load them up and tighten my belt again. No pants pulling down, because my hip bone sticks out on my sides more than my abdomen does.

-------
Will all my files get encrypted if I wanna high CRI?

Crazyeddiethefirst

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have no idea how you all carry more than one flashlight on you. I keep one in my car and one at work. The rest I keep at home.
https://i.imgur.com/tDg7wXU.jpg

This is just my keyring, with a Steve Ku Quantum D2, Maratac Peanut and DQG Spy, two spare 10180 batteries, a multi-tool seatbelt cutter, Titanium whistle, Trit locator, Spyderco Ladybug, Titanium whistle, Swiss Tech Utili-key, etc....
When I get to my car, I determine the needs for my mission and clip only the essentials to a titanium ring with my car key. Then my pocket has an 18650 light, a Preon I or II in my shirt pocket & an 18350 in the left pocket.

Last edited:
https://i.imgur.com/tDg7wXU.jpg

This is just my keyring, with a Steve Ku Quantum D2, Maratac Peanut and DQG Spy, two spare 10180 batteries, a multi-tool seatbelt cutter, Titanium whistle, Trit locator, Spyderco Ladybug, Titanium whistle, Swiss Tech Utili-key, etc....
When I get to my car, I determine the needs for my mission and clip only the essentials to a titanium ring with my car key. Then my pocket has an 18650 light, a Preon I or II in my shirt pocket & an 18350 in the left pocket.

tDg7wXU.jpg

WOW! That's just crazy. :p

~ Chance

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just one.

My EDC light varies by mood. It's as much pocket-toy as it is a tool for everyday use.

Currently, I'm EDC'ing a Nitecore Concept 1.

I have an Emisar D4 on order which I expect to become my EDC when it arrives. It's got the old UI though, so when Toykeeper finishes her updated V2 UI I'll order one of those and expect that to be MY EDC. If I swap in XPL HI emitters peak output should be about 4200 lumens, all in a light smaller than a Zebralight SC600 III.

Ishango

Enlightened
Sounds like we need a new thread, "what date did your EDC light last fail you and force you to Plan B"

No, you don't understand how it works. It fails when you have forgotten to bring your backup. When you carry your backup, everything works just fine :thinking:

I carry what I feel like. Usually it's one on both sets of keys, a pocket EDC and 2-4 other lights either in pockets or my laptop bag or backpack.

Keitho

Enlightened
Great discussion revealing WHY people carry lights. For those who say "tactical advantage" or "professional requirement" or "personal safety," their answers about EDC are very different than people who say "convenience" or "I love cool tech" or "peace of mind."

My answer changes throughout the year. In winter when I'm bike commuting mostly in the dark, my EDC is greatly related to my personal safety, and consists of 6 lights (helmet, handlebar, 2x taillights, phone, and pen light; backup batteries for everything). In summer, my EDC lights are more about slightly increased personal safety, and more about personal and professional convenience. Summer EDC lights are just a single head/pocket light, a taillight, and a phone (no backup batteries for anything).

If I lived in a different neighborhood, worked a different job, lived at different latitude, worked a different shift, etc... that would all affect my EDC light choice.

By the way, a light last failed me in February 2017 on my helmet with a couple miles left to get home. I was glad to have a handlebar light as backup!

terjee

Enlightened
Currently carrying a Lumintop Tool on keychain, but considering alternatives. Almost certainly going with a Ti light if some kind, possibly AA instead of AAA.

If we include backpack-EDC, the there's an Eagletac D25LC2, and a Lumintop IYP365 as backup. Both of those are high-CRI.

I really love the D25LC2, it's a great light, but I'm probably replacing it with a Zebralight SC600W MK III. It's ordered, just not 100% sure yet if it goes in the backpack or not. It's likely, because it's happy with flat-top, while the D25LC2 demands button top, which is less convenient for me.

I have a daytime office-job, but the lights prove themselves useful often enough that they stay.

Scout90

Newly Enlightened
4 or 5: a NiteIze INOVA on my person, was carrying a SF E2E till I sold it, now a SF G2, Princeton Tech Remix headlamp in my backpack and a Princeton Tech Apex Pro headlamp and a T.O.P.s Flashlight in my Car.

Monocrom

Flashaholic

Well, once again, pocket carry clips (along with belt-mounted Tek-Locks) are your friends. Especially the smaller, thinner, lights with pocket clips.

MiniLights

Newly Enlightened
WEST

I always have at least one on my person. This space is filled by my Olight i3S which is surprisingly capable in a pinch. About 75% of the time I also have my cheap Vizeri 230 in an EDC bag, in my car or on my person. My i3S is always in my pocket, the Vizeri will go in a coat pocket in the evening or bag during the day. Currently looking for something to replace my Vizeri in the $50-$70 range. I intend to add a small keychain light as well and could easily see my the number of lights I have on my person at any given time be 3-4 very soon.