how many lights do you carry?

Ozythemandias

Flashlight Enthusiast
My pocket light and then a little Cooyoo keychain backup.

I've been looking for a new backup light, just ordered an Atom AL with reflector to try.

Also been considering a bigger light for my bag, maybe a P60.

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd been carrying one at a time, but you guys convinced me. From now on: Elzetta Bravo AVS in my pocket, SF 6p with Malkoff M61 in my edc bag, Thrunite TN12 and AA light in my pocket organizer. Spare batteries in delrin capsules.

dmattaponi

Enlightened
I like to play with flashlights as much as anyone, but I only want to carry one in my pockets. I don't carry a bag for EDC purposes. I have for decades (long before I ever heard the term edc) kept a small light on my keychain. So I guess I carry two.

archimedes

Flashaholic
One on the keys.
One in a bag.
One in the car.

Unless it might get dark ....

And, when I say "one" , what I mean is two ....

So, 6+

:grin2:

TMedina

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have fallen from the faith. I typically only have two: Surefire Titan A on my keyring, and the plain Titan with my spare key in my wallet.

If I have my messenger bag, I have an E2LAA-A stashed as well.

Arizona_Mike

Newly Enlightened
My EDC is a black hard anodized Convoy S2+ 7135x8 XML2 T6-3B 5100K. It is clipped to the top of my left front pocket and does not reach the bottom of my pocket or even hip when I sit. Wear it all day with zero discomfort. I bought an extra 18350 battery compartment but don't need it.

Mike

kalel332

Newly Enlightened
Usually 3, klarus xt11s, a triple a thrunite and the third varies, but usually and on the road brand flashlight, (the s10 imitation).

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, it's obvious to me that two lights are a minimum requirement.
It's dark, and you want to look at the LED in the first light. But of course, you don't point it at your face & turn it on. You have to have a second light to shine through the lens of the first light.
That's my story and I'm sticking to it! ;)

redvalkyrie

Enlightened
For edc I usually end up with a Worm on my key chain and a Malkoff MDC CR123 with the neutral lithium head. Traveling I keep the Worm but go to two AA powered lights--usually a single AA Malkoff MDC and a two AA Malkoff MDC.

Illusory

Newly Enlightened
Usually at least one. A Mcgizmo haiku or a nitecore EA11. I love both of them.

magellan

Honorary Aussie
My current EDC setup, emphasizing AAA NiMH batteries, along with one watch battery light.

http://i1166.photobucket.com/albums/q615/magellan500/IMG_5288_zps4zxguut4.jpg

Frim left to right:

1. Olight I3e EOS AAA light
2. Muyshondt Maus Mk. I N battery (2/3 AAA size)
3. CPF 15th Anniversary AAA light (a 4Sevens Atom A0 titanium)
4. TEC Pixel watch battery light (takes LR521/379A batteries rather than the more common LR44 , LR41, or LR48, or SR (silver oxide) versions).

Last edited:

eugenechia1989

Newly Enlightened
I subscribe to the "Two is one, one is none" philosophy. So excluding my phone's built-in flashlight, I carry two. Currently, a Surefire G2X LE and a Condor C05.

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
Let's talk about the mode of carry. If you carry more than one light on your person, how do you tote them? Clips? Holsters? Deep pocket carry? I'm less interested in EDC bag carry.

kalel332

Newly Enlightened
Klarus xt11s in belt holster (yes I do carry it every day), thrunite ti3 dumped in one od the pockets and the on the road m3 clipped on the opposite pocket, usually the right one. I also us the On the Road as a phone stand because my phone has a metal plate on the back.

ScottFree

Newly Enlightened
I'm working a few late nights at the moment so the main night lights are a Zebralight SC5 clipped on to my front right pocket, Fenix PD35 Tactical clipped on to a right cargo pocket. I also have a H32 nearby in case.

If I'm out during the day then I just carry the SC5 clipped to the front right pocket with a Fenix E01, a E15 and a Xtar keylight on my keys.