how many lights do you carry?

rayman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: WEST

Usually two: One Lumintop Ti Tool on person in my pocket and a 4Sevens Preon ReVO SS on my keychains

wjv

Enlightened
Re: WEST

One - Typically a 1xCR123 or a 1xAA light

But there is a Mag-Lite ML25LT - 3x'C' in the glove box

And a Fenix LD10 in by Get Home Bag

ANTIHER0

Newly Enlightened
During the day, just my keychain Olight with a 10440... at night, at least one more, an Olight s1, tn12 or Stream light Prozac 2l. Have an old tn31 in the truck too, lights in various bags, etc

xdayv

Flashlight Enthusiast
lately, minimum of 2. but can go for 3 or more depending on the location and itinerary of the day/night.

nimdabew

Enlightened
I feel bad most of the time... I started counting how many lights I carry on me on a "normal day" and it is three. Two TruNite Ti3 NW and a SRT3. When I have my flight bag and associated stuff... It's six or seven... I think. Maybe more. I don't know why I have seven.

terjee

Enlightened
I think I replied earlier, but changed the lineup, so...
1. Lumintop Tool on keychain.
2. Zerbralight SC600w MkIII HI, in backpack or jacket pocket, moved around.
3. Lumintop IYP365 stationary in backpack

It used to be just the keychain one, but given how often I'll actually end up actually using a light, the number has adapted. :)

Quite often, I'll also be dropping a headlamp into the backpack as well.

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
Forgive me if this has already been discussed elsewhere, but I'm interested in how you guys carry spare batteries. It had always been a challenge for me until recently, when I started toting a Maxpedition pocket organizer in my cargo pocket. (My employer does not require formal business attire.) This allows me the flexibility to carry Oveready's delrin capsules with spare 18650's, 18490's, or primaries, depending on what light(s) I'm carrying.

One could always stow extra cells in an EDC bag, but I don't always have mine within reach. I find I'm more comfortable with the cells on my person.

terjee

Enlightened
Forgive me if this has already been discussed elsewhere, but I'm interested in how you guys carry spare batteries.

I'll often use silicone "battery condoms", then drop them in my backpack, jacket pocket and so on. I have some waterproof cases that'll take two 18650s as well. Downside is that the batteries rattle. Been meaning to fix that, just not gotten around to it.

If I need to carry more (for travel for example), then I'm really pleased with this: https://www.solarforceflashlight-sa...ery-case-waterproof-and-secure-lock-design-v2

Been wondering about the Oveready delrin capsules or something similar as well though.

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll often use silicone "battery condoms", then drop them in my backpack, jacket pocket and so on. I have some waterproof cases that'll take two 18650s as well. Downside is that the batteries rattle. Been meaning to fix that, just not gotten around to it.

If I need to carry more (for travel for example), then I'm really pleased with this: https://www.solarforceflashlight-sa...ery-case-waterproof-and-secure-lock-design-v2

Been wondering about the Oveready delrin capsules or something similar as well though.

I was not aware of the case from Solarforce. Thank you.

david57strat

Enlightened
It's actually quite nice. Batteries do not rattle, yet I'm not too worried about them being crushed. The O-ring is glow in the dark.

Those look like copies of the Pelican 1010 case, made here in the States. The 1010s are crush proof, waterproof, and dust proof. They also have a one-way air purge valve - perfect for lithium ion 18650 batteries. As far as I can recall, Pelican stuff carries a lifetime warranty.

I have four of these and have been using them for the past five years. Love them!

FxwxSpQ.jpg

9syrWyt.jpg

F9Mka33.jpg

6yaKnbC.jpg

Those 14500 batteries in the case, in the background, would need some sort of spacer, or foam fill, for travel. I never travel with those batteries, so it hasn't been an issue, yet.

TCl2ieT.jpg

This foam-filled case, which snugly holds a dozen (R)CR1213 batteries, was the very first 1010 case I purchased. Picked it up from Battery Junction. The other cases were purchased, either at Fry's Electronics, or through Amazon. I bought it because the very first time I traveled with CR123 batteries, in their original Surefire cardboard box, the TSA agents mistook it for a box of bullets lol.

Hc4AxXl.jpg

This picture is not representative of how you would pack one of these cases (You couldn't put four 26650s and all those 18650 batteries in the same case), but shows that it would allow for the storage of four 26650 batteries side-by-side, very nicely.

I've actually been carrying four (previously five) 18650 batteries and two 26650 batteries, in one of these 1010 cases, in my pack, for regular EDC use, which I use at work, or wherever I go, where I anticipate needing a lot of lights.

Last edited:

terjee

Enlightened
Those look like copies of the Pelican 1010 case, made here in the States. The 1010s are crush proof, waterproof, and dust proof. They also have a one-way air purge valve - perfect for lithium ion 18650 batteries. As far as I can recall, Pelican stuff carries a lifetime warranty.

It's almost certain that the Pelican is more rugged and durable. For me, it's also over four times the price, and surprisingly hard to get where I live (Norway). That's the reason Inwent with Solarforce.

For anyone that can find the Pelican 1010 for a price they can live with, it's something that should be considered I think.

david57strat

Enlightened
It's almost certain that the Pelican is more rugged and durable. For me, it's also over four times the price, and surprisingly hard to get where I live (Norway). That's the reason Inwent with Solarforce.

For anyone that can find the Pelican 1010 for a price they can live with, it's something that should be considered I think.

I hear you, brother. Some things can be very cost-prohibitive to buy, from countries outside of the United States. I actually found fairly decent prices on two of these cases, through Amazon. Not sure if you can make Amazon purchases in Norway, with reasonable shipping, but it might be worth researching. They're really fantastic cases, that (here, anyway), cost about maybe 25% more than the Solarforce cases.

As for Solarforce products, I am a huge fan of their P60 hosts, in the L2 series, and I think they're outstanding hosts, for the money. Not crazy about their drop-ins, though. I use Sportac, Mountain Electronics, Customlites, EDC+ and Malkoff drop-ins, in mine - zero complaints :)

zfr21E2.jpg

Edit - someone please tell me how to scale these photos down to 800 x 600, from Imgur. These are ridiculously large :|. When I used Photobucket, it auto scaled everything I imported to 800 x 600, so I could just directly post pictures without ever having to re-scale them - or is this okay?

Actually, now that I posted the reply, it looks like it auto-scaled the posted picture, with a "click here" reference to see the full-sized image. Does that work for you guys (moderators), with respect to picture size limits?

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic
The pic does auto size Dave, does with mine to(thank god as it would take too long and would not bother tbh)

Awesome line up, could look at that all day!

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast

The pelican cases are undoubtedly high quality, but they are (IMHO) better utilized for storage than transport. When I posed the question to the group, I was thinking of methods to carry batteries on my person. Is the solar force case not thinner than the 1010?

HughJorgan

Newly Enlightened
Since we're just talking EDC on your person, I'd rather carry more lights than spare batteries. Who wants to go fumbling around in the dark changing batteries when you could just pull out another flashlight?

terjee

Enlightened
The pelican cases are undoubtedly high quality, but they are (IMHO) better utilized for storage than transport. When I posed the question to the group, I was thinking of methods to carry batteries on my person. Is the solar force case not thinner than the 1010?

It's thinner (3.6cm vs 5.4), and also lighter (128 grams vs around 200).