Humor about cultural differences

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Graham:
Vegemite?? Eewwww... can't stand the stuff. One of the few things about my home country that embarasses me.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yuck! It looks like baby poo in a jar, and according to Dan, apparently tastes of something not too dissimilar. :-/

Graham

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by The LED Museum:
Yuck! It looks like baby poo in a jar, and according to Dan, apparently tastes of something not too dissimilar. :-/<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, I've never seen black baby poo, and have never tasted it either (black or otherwise)
tongue.gif
, but I'd say that's pretty accurate.

Australian beer, chocolate, and potato chips on the other hand - definitely something to rave about. Every time I go back to Australia for a visit I always stock up on chocolate and barbeque flavoured chips. Mmmmm...chips <insert Homer Simpson drooling shot here>

Graham

Edit: I mean 'chocolate, and barbeque flavour chips', not chocolate barbeque flavour
shocked.gif

Walt

Newly Enlightened
Yesiree, Chicago is one PO-LITICAL place.

Walt (as solo)
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

TrevorNasko

Flashlight Enthusiast
Atlanta, GA>> The Flashlight that was broken shall
n. caralina-
this is hard ...

sombody help me on this.

all i know is charlotte thinks its a "world class city" - 3 world maybe
we have a basketball team that we dont want and they dont want us and yet we are building them a brand new arena(the current one is 10 years old) and they still say they will only stay til next year or less- am i missing something?

Quickbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll help Aragon here - North Carolina Culture Humor (applies equally well anywhere south of the Mason Dixon line):

If someone says "Hey, Y'all watch this" - stand far back as those words will probably be his last.

"He needed killin'" is a viable defense in court.

Your neighbor says "I'd like you to meet my wife, my sister and my cousin", and there's only one woman standing there...

etc, etc, etc...

Actually things are quite civilized here, although people really do move "slower" than up north. Everything takes longer to accomplish.

lightlover

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Aragorn:
... i was very bad in a past life ...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

In a past life ??

Ummm. Perhaps ...

lightlover

wink.gif
smile.gif
cool.gif
blush.gif

hotfoot

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Aragorn:
hotfoot - more like the thgirw reylf- you know what im talking about right?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The thing those 2 brothers built.
grin.gif
grin.gif