I love CPF random acts of kindness thread

ninemm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Craig...I've been thinking about those big trits. They look like they are about the right length to fit in a 10440 Peak body. You could mill/dremel some slots in the body and then make an o-ring type spacer to keep the trit centered and protected. Voila! Maybe....I think it could work. :thinking:

nbp

Flashaholic
Thanks Craig for the picture. I will see if I can manage that. I believe I have some clasps like that too. If I can get one to work I'll post a pic for you. :thumbsup:

csshih

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Craig...I've been thinking about those big trits. They look like they are about the right length to fit in a 10440 Peak body. You could mill/dremel some slots in the body and then make an o-ring type spacer to keep the trit centered and protected. Voila! Maybe....I think it could work. :thinking:

I have no machining skills unfortunately!

due to some unexpected purchases, it seems I have to drop those trits on the market! (I mean, place carefully) unfortunately I have to raise price quite a bit... no more will be available from me ever again!

*Dusty*

Enlightened
ecfc4e88.jpg

hey *Dusty* look ...twins :laughing:

RIMG0541.jpg

Y'know great minds think alike.

And fools seldom differ :nana:

Very nice my man, very nice indeed!! We really should start a club, or a facebook page :crackup:

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi guys,

A few days ago Greta contacted me about the giveaway thread I mentioned opening in the MP. She said that we could do it, but we need to keep things in line. She also said if the thread goes "sideways" that it would be locked.

There was one other condition on opening an actual give away thread, and that was this one would need to be closed once the other is open.

Gollum
I will leave it up to you whether or not we move forward with this since this is your thread. Just let me know what you think.

gollum

Enlightened
Hi guys,

A few days ago Greta contacted me about the giveaway thread I mentioned opening in the MP. She said that we could do it, but we need to keep things in line. She also said if the thread goes "sideways" that it would be locked.

There was one other condition on opening an actual give away thread, and that was this one would need to be closed once the other is open.

Gollum
I will leave it up to you whether or not we move forward with this since this is your thread. Just let me know what you think.

VOB... thanks for that, I was thinking we could still keep it here and maybe collectively assemble a flashlight and maybe after all is done then either give it away or raffle it for a cause or anything anyone else can suggest.
I am happy to send you the P7 led I have but my flashlight build skills are limited to putting the batteries in it :eek:

I am open to any suggestions and let the majority rule, of course if you are going to mod a light then you should call the shots if you wish.

are there any others willing to donate parts or skills etc...:poke:

gollum

Enlightened
just bumping this up to say hello

I also posted some freebies to some members about 3 weeks ago...
along with some items other people have purchased

the buyer has not yet received his order and I suspect the freebies are not yet arrived...

please let me know if anyone has received their beads/knife/other stuff

cheers Jason

gollum

Enlightened
I know this thread is old ....but easter is about sharing (amongst other things)

so bump it up

Lets see if anyone wants to share anything they dont need or want to gift anything to anyone

I will start the ball rolling....
how about a free gift from myself to a random person who wants to share or swap or whatever to who ever no rules needed
thoughts questions ? maybe chime in a offer things to anyone who might need or want something

Happy easter everyone

Jason

Roger Sully

Flashlight Enthusiast
I remember this thread! I believe the CPF spirit still lives on.:thumbsup:
I've got all sorts of stuff laying around here to share. I'll start off with an Olight i2 to anyone that might have need of an AA light for the wife's purse or something.

gollum

Enlightened
good on you HSG
if no one wants a free light then I'll certainly take it and for exactly what you suggest
I'm always 'lending' lights to my wife,she usually returns them after a few weeks saying the battery went flat
(not good when its a Li-ion)

ok so regardless of who gets HSG's light I will send a free gift to HSG, send me your address by p/m

ico

Enlightened
I don't know if this is still active but I would like to receive one if it is still available. With the latest Christmas GAW, my parcel seems to have been lost in transit as it has been already 4 months and still no notice from the post office.:confused: An olight i2 would be a nice replacement for the streamlight nano currently in the SO's purse. :)

Slazmo

Enlightened
Hi Jason, just down the road from you 'figuratively' - is anything proceeding from this thread? Seems to have gone quiet from 2010 till 2013 when you bumped it... Just wanted to ask - in one of your pic's there was a purple damascus looking skull? Was that damascus or another material?

Jason also what you've done here is awesome when I read through it all!

Cheers mate!

Andrew "from the crime capital of Queensland the "Gold Coast"."

gollum

Enlightened
thanks Slazmo

the purple damascus skull... ? this one?

or this one ?
I still have as its my favourite

It was mokume with purple/blue tritium,I can't get that colour tritium any more it was from a fishing shop on ebay

still have a few skulls available in damascus and mokume but I never have enough time to properly post up my latest wares,
it all takes time to set up a new thread and I hate mucking around on the computer when I could be in the workshop

I should get around to it though,I need to fund my hobby and selling things is the only way

BTW @ ico ... talk to HSG if you want his giveaway,I offered him a freebie for being a good bloke but he hasn't sent me any address yet,its all good just need time to get around to it :)

Last edited:

Slazmo

Enlightened
Hi Gollum, no was another pic on a earlier page on here... Actual purple colouration in the damascus?

Tell you what - if you make something awesome for basic lanyards that could customise them a little like a stainless or interesting metal bead to go over that thin black nylon I would be interested immensely! I don't use paracord lanyards due to the thickness of the chord, however have quiet a few Led Lenser lanyards that I use on my flashies - these from packets of stolen Led Lensers I find at work - however feel nice while on the wrist...

I have a few LL pouches also in either the M7 (2) & P14 size if you would like to swap / trade?

Roger Sully

Flashlight Enthusiast
Holy smokes! I totally forgot about this again :ohgeez:.....ICO please send me a PM with mailing info so I can get this out to you.

Gollum, PM sent :thumbsup: