I love CPF random acts of kindness thread

Essexman

Flashlight Enthusiast
To be honest I think that kind of isn't the idea. More of a pay it forward instead of a pay it back thing.

ie I sent Gollum something, he's very kindly sent me something in return which I'm embarrassed about receiving as he's also offering to pass the goodwill on to someone.

How about something along the lines of if you get something, you give something to someone else? Then it's not a single item massive giveaway, i'm sure there are lots of people deserving of a good light but who to pick from them all?

It *could* go like this,

Dusty > Gollum
Gollum > User XYZ
User XYZ > User ABC
User ABC > User123

and so on and so forth. I've seen this done on forums before and it's usually not long before things go full circle and the first person on the list receives something back.

Just a thought.......

Hiya Dusty - Kinda like a gift in the hat ? Each person gives a unknown gift to the next person on the list, everyone gets something.

On another forum I've taken part in a "Craft in the hat". Each person made something and sent it on to another. I made some paracord items and recieved two great hand carved leather leather key fobs.

*Dusty*

Enlightened
Hiya Dusty - Kinda like a gift in the hat ? Each person gives a unknown gift to the next person on the list, everyone gets something.

On another forum I've taken part in a "Craft in the hat". Each person made something and sent it on to another. I made some paracord items and recieved two great hand carved leather leather key fobs.

Hi Mark, yes something like that indeed. I've done one before where it was a gift of something from your area, or sending a postcard or similar from your area with a gift if you felt where you live is slightly generic :)

gollum

Enlightened
Hey everyone

I am glad to see this thread is evolving nicely...

as Vesture is thinking of making a light
I can offer an unused P7 led (?)

anyway ...

It is good too see cpf members kindness....

when they volunteer to send someone something needed or desired

thanks to everyone ... :twothumbs

csshih

Flashlight Enthusiast
currently no trits left gollum, but I'm thinking of putting some of my personal collection of them to raise funds for another purchase I'm thinking of... :thinking:

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey everyone

I am glad to see this thread is evolving nicely...

as Vesture is thinking of making a light
I can offer an unused P7 led (?)

anyway ...

It is good too see cpf members kindness....

when they volunteer to send someone something needed or desired

thanks to everyone ... :twothumbs

All right. I contacted an admin last night about this to see if we could do this via a proxy thread in the MP. I haven't got a response yet, but this is probly due to the MP being down. I will wait until the MP thread is established to officially start a list, but thanks, and I will keep you in mind.

gollum

Enlightened
ok fisk-king ...:)

VoB... keep us informed thanks

csshih... what could you possible want around here...:whistle:

oh hang on hmm... yeah there are a few things here

shiney things heh heh

nbp

Flashaholic
My paracord skills are nothing compared with some here, but as promised, I'd like to offer up a couple key fob/zipper pull dealies. I have six here done as pictured. They are fun to make and "funner" to give away. :wave: Stick 'em on your keys to find them more easily, or on your kids' coat zippers to make them easier to grab with gloves. You can have whatever you'd like. Just let me know. I have some cord left, if you have a request, I may be able to help you out. ;) Hope you like them!

From left:
square silver/black
square bright green/purple
round teal/dark orange
round black/yellow
combo bright green/dark orange
combo black/red

And no, you can't have the Ra twisty, that's just for size comparison.:nana:

p1000321.jpg
p1000321.jpg

chew socks

Newly Enlightened
Just wanted to put in my measly $.02.

Awesome thread Gollum...and thank you to everyone else here, we are so lucky to have so many great members here lovecpf

So far all my junk looks like junky junk, but if i find something cool i sure know where to get rid of it :wave:

gollum

Enlightened
thanks chew socks lovecpf

nbp they look great,I've tried my hand at making some of these myself

they take time and energy, yours look pretty good aswell

cheers for offering them up ...

nbp

Flashaholic
Hey thanks Craig! I'm still a paracord noob, but it's fun to play with. If you want one, just shoot me a pm with your addy, or I can put one together with your choice of colors and style. I've still got black, olive drab, pink, yellow, teal, bright green, deep red, silver and dark orange.

Nick