I love CPF random acts of kindness thread

csshih

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey thanks Craig! I'm still a paracord noob, but it's fun to play with. If you want one, just shoot me a pm with your addy, or I can put one together with your choice of colors and style. I've still got black, olive drab, pink, yellow, teal, bright green, deep red, silver and dark orange.

thanks for the offer Nick! I'll have to ask though... do you have any experience in making lanyards? the one for my keys recently broke and I've been looking around for a replacement.

Got my trit Craig!! Thanks so much. Need to figure out a host/holder for this guy. :grin2:

I thought of putting them in little acrylic tubes + casting resin, but all my attempts created too many bubbles... yikes! let me know if you figure out anything.. but taping it to the wall works just fine anyways! :crackup:

Red LED boards are shipped - hope y'all enjoy them (Cssih and 65535).
woohoo, can't wait! looks like I should find something else to throw up in the thread :) I'll have to dig around... ;)

*Dusty*

Enlightened
Thanks to Gollum I'm now the proud owner of a miniature bottle of Laphroaig Scotch and one of his Damascus skull beads!

nbp

Flashaholic
Craig, do you have a a pic or link to something like you are looking for? If I can see one I will experiment and see what I can do.

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got the led's this is what I've come up with so far.

18a16286.jpg

UberLumens

Newly Enlightened
ccshih my trit came in today Thanks again!!

(for any kind of casting/molding info check out smooth-on, the best way to limit bubbles is to pour the resin from very high up to the lowest point of the mold and let it fill in itself. Pouring from high up makes the resin stream thin and break any bubble on the way to the mold)

Essexman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks to Gollum I'm now the proud owner of a miniature bottle of Laphroaig Scotch and one of his Damascus skull beads!

We need pics!!!!

BTW - I posted that Essexgirl to you weeks ago, has she arrived yet? Bloody royalmail :whistle:

*Dusty*

Enlightened
We need pics!!!!

BTW - I posted that Essexgirl to you weeks ago, has she arrived yet? Bloody royalmail :whistle:

I'll get some pics up tonight, I'll be looking it made onto a lanyard as my half assed attempts while somewhat self gratifying have ended up, for want of a better word, crap.

As for the Essexgirl, she was dumped by royal mail for consistently trying to get into the back seat of the delivery van....

gollum

Enlightened
Cheers *Dusty*

this thread is getting really interesting now

all sorts of good Karma flowing

if we all keep this up we can save the world :party:

hey *Dusty* pic looks great :wave:

gollum

Enlightened
thanks ninemm

I've made a few now

they are on my favourite flashlights,jackets,keyrings and just put one on my Ti neckchain... I'll have to post a pick when I get time

ninemm

Flashlight Enthusiast
A pic would be great. I'm usually not in love with skulls. But I would definitely rock one of those on my flashlight/keychain/backpack with pride. :thumbsup:

gollum

Enlightened
nice job with the light show 65535

heres the skull I just made,
pics are very average
it has green trits and was made using tri colour mokume,
thats bronze brass and nickel silver
I made it just for my titanium chain

RIMgtricolskull.jpg

heres a few other skulls I made...

MTS1.jpg

alien
RIMG1127k.jpg

soldRB.jpg

RIMG1111k.jpg

mammoth bone
RIMG1123.jpg
RIMG1113.jpg

RIMG1116-1.jpg

enjoy the pics

csshih

Flashlight Enthusiast
Did that LED board make its way to you safely? I hope so!

oops! sorry about that it did! thought I replied after numbers, but I must have left the window open and closed it later.. I've been doing that a lot lately.. :fail: :eek:

I was actually trying to do something similar to numbers..:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mx2vA49yW2M

but these are not driven to their potential with my ghettorigged setup.. so I'll probably get numbers to do something for me :)

thanks allot again!

Last edited: